Tesla CEO Elon MuskElon Reeve MuskSanders: Musk should ‘focus on Earth’ instead of space Elon Musk: Not broke, never woke, and in on the joke Elon Musk denies cars were used to spy in China: Tesla would be ‘shut down’ MORE on Wednesday announced that his customers can now purchase electric vehicles using the cryptocurrency Bitcoin.
“You can now buy a Tesla with Bitcoin,” Musk said in a Twitter thread outlining how purchases will be handled.
You can now buy a Tesla with Bitcoin
He also stated in a tweet that customers outside of the United States will have the option to make purchases using Bitcoin later this year.
While Bitcoin has recently been embraced by companies such as Mastercard and Bank of New York Mellon following Tesla’s purchase, it has been rarely used for commerce, Reuters noted. The cryptocurrency is known to have high volatility and is also costly with slow processing times.
Musk also wrote that Tesla will not convert the Bitcoin payments it receives into traditional currency and noted that his company will use “internal & open source software” in his thread.
Last month, he criticized cash, saying that when the currency “has negative real interest, only a fool wouldn’t look elsewhere,” Reuters reported.
- ^ Elon Musk (thehill.com)
- ^ Elon Reeve Musk (thehill.com)
- ^ Sanders: Musk should ‘focus on Earth’ instead of space (thehill.com)
- ^ Elon Musk: Not broke, never woke, and in on the joke (thehill.com)
- ^ Elon Musk denies cars were used to spy in China: Tesla would be ‘shut down’ (thehill.com)
- ^ MORE (thehill.com)
- ^ March 24, 2021 (twitter.com)
- ^ $ 1.5 billion worth of Bitcoin (thehill.com)
- ^ according to Reuters (www.reuters.com)
[email protected] (Cameron Jenkins)