Piers Morgan describes receiving vile ‘death threats’ after GMB exit – one 'vowed murder'

1 min


108
16 shares, 108 points
Piers Morgan describes receiving vile ‘death threats’ after GMB exit - one 'vowed murder'
The ITV show’s former presenter quit following a clash with Alex Beresford about the Duchess of Sussex, after Mr Morgan furiously attacked Meghan’s claims in her interview with Oprah Winfrey. Writing for the Mail on Sunday for the first time since the incident, Mr Morgan has shared trolls have threatened him and his sons.
He said he suffered from a “clearly orchestrated social media pile-on”.

He added: “I’ve always subscribed to the ‘if you dish it out, you’ve got to take it’ philosophy.

“But my three sons told me they too are all being targeted, and sent me screenshots of venomous abuse and threats of violence towards them, which made my stomach churn, especially as police are already investigating a death threat made to me and my eldest boy Spencer last month.

“None of them even care about Meghan Markle, let alone agree with my views on her.

“Yet the Twitter troll mob has found them guilty by association.”

READ MORE: Piers Morgan rages Sharon Osbourne was ‘bullied out of a job’

Some of the most shocking comments to Mr Morgan and his family were addressed to Spencer Morgan.

The former GMB presenter said: “One troll vowed to murder me in front of them, and added: ‘When your dad dies, the world will have a party.’”

Mr Morgan also shared Sharon Osbourne suffered from death threats after defending him on the CBS show The Talk.

He wrote: “She told me tonight she fears they’re trying to get rid of her, and said she’s had to hire extra security at her LA home after being bombarded with death threats.”

On the March 8 episode of GMB, Mr Morgan and Susanna Reid reacted to Meghan and Prince Harry’s bombshell interview.

READ  Man Utd boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has Anthony Martial theory after Man City victory

He said in his Mail on Sunday column he was not dismissing Meghan’s suicidal thoughts but was reflecting “my general sense of disbelief about the whole interview”.

Mr Morgan quit the ITV show on March 9, with around 57,121 Ofcom complaints recorded for the previous episode.

Meghan is reported to have issued a complaint to Ofcom herself over the episode.

A spokesperson said: “We can confirm that this issue has attracted the highest number of complaints since our reporting began.”

DON’T MISS…


Like it? Share with your friends!

108
16 shares, 108 points

What's Your Reaction?

hate hate
0
hate
confused confused
0
confused
fail fail
0
fail
fun fun
0
fun
geeky geeky
0
geeky
love love
0
love
lol lol
0
lol
omg omg
0
omg
win win
0
win

0 Comments

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.