Meghan, 39, stated that during her time as a senior working member of The Royal Family, she suffered with her mental health after her life was dramatically changed.
The dad-of-four said that he wouldn’t trust the former Suits actress to “read the weather” before things became heated.
Piers also claimed that Meghan “dropped him” as a friend when she started dating Prince Harry, 36, after the pair were introduced by a mutual friend.
READ MORE: Piers Morgan to break silence on Meghan Markle row and GMB exit
However, he has previously told how the mum-of-one had “ghosted” him.
In his latest Mail on Sunday column, Piers said: “Realising I might say something I’d regret, I decided to leave the studio to cool down.
“I didn’t hear any more of his [Alex Beresford’s] diatribe, as I was out the door and heading for my dressing room.”
“I wasn’t going to apologise for disbelieving Meghan Markle, because the truth is that I don’t believe Meghan Markle.
“And in a free, democratic society, I should be allowed not to believe someone, and to say that I don’t believe them”, he penned.
Piers also took the opportunity to add that he has “never said anything racist” about Meghan, despite a social media trend implying he was.
In view of his 7.9 million followers, the former Britain’s Got Talent judge tweeted: “Where do I get to complain about all the shameful lies/smears in their interview & the terrible damage they’ve done to the Queen’s mental health as her 99-year-old husband spends his fourth week in hospital?”
A spokesperson for the broadcasting watchdog, Ofcom, also announced that a complaint had been lodged by Meghan.
His explosive rant attracted more than 57,000 complaints to Ofcom, making it one of the most complained moments in television history.
Since his departure from the show, Piers’ replacement has yet to be announced but he has stated that less than twenty minutes after his departure was announced, somebody had filed an application to fill his now vacant position.