Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War and Warzone mid-season update
The new Call of Duty update has a May 20 release date on PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X, Xbox One and PC.
The Reloaded mid-season update has a 5am BST launch time for fans living in the UK. That’s 9pm PT on May 19 for US players.
There’s good news for PlayStation users, who can pre-load the patch ahead of schedule. This means you can get stuck into the update right away.
Fortunately for Xbox users, the new Black Ops Cold War and Warzone updates aren’t as big as some of the previous releases, so it shouldn’t take too long to download.
The Black Ops Cold War update weighs in at 10.3 GB on PS5, 7.1 GB on PS4, 13.1 GB on Xbox Series X, 8.3 GB on Xbox One, and 10.3 GB on PC.
The Warzone update, on the other hand, weighs in at 14.6 GB on PS5 and PS4, 15.2 GB on Xbox Series X and Xbox One, and 14.9 GB on PC.
Needless to say, the mid-season update adds lots of new content, most notably the 80s Action Heroes event.
“The ’80s Action Heroes event kicks off with limited-time bundles and game modes, in addition to the weapons, maps, and other features already expected during this season,” Activision explains.
The 80s Action Heroes event launches alongside two new operators, including John Rambo and Die Hard lead character John McClane.
“Serving time for murder, highly decorated MACV-SOG soldier John Rambo is offered one more mission – return to Vietnam and locate American POWs. If successful, he will be released, and given a full Presidential pardon.
Available from the item shop, the Rambo bundle includes the legendary character; two Finishing Moves – including one using his signature bow and arrow; three Legendary Weapon Blueprints—an assault rifle, an LMG and a Knife Blueprint; a Legendary Calling Card and Emblem; and an Epic Watch and Charm.
“A hard-bitten cop on the streets of New York, John McClane has a talent for being in the wrong place at the wrong time,” Activision continues. “Now in the fight of his life, he’ll have to rely on his cocky attitude and level head to stay alive.”
The John McClane bundle also contains a Finishing Move, as well as three Legendary Weapon Blueprints – one tactical rifle, one SMG, and one assault rifle – a Legendary Calling Card and Emblem, an Epic Watch, and an Epic Weapon Charm.
Perhaps even more exciting is the addition of new points of interest in Warzone, such as Die Hard’s iconic Nakatomi Plaza building.
Survival Camps from the Rambo movies are also coming to the map, as well as a CIA Outpost.
Elsewhere, Rambo’s Combat Bow is available as a Killstreak, while the Ballistic Knife makes its debut as a new melee weapon in Warzone.
Black Ops Cold War fans also have reason to cheer, as two new multiplayer maps join the game.
This includes the 6v6 Standoff map, which was originally introduced in Call of Duty Black Ops 2.
“First introduced in Black Ops II, Standoff is a 6v6 medium-sized map that features a timeless three-lane feel and provides plentiful opportunities for outsmarting your opponents.
“Remember to check the central building, and always be mindful of a certain exploding van, which has plenty of notoriety within the Call of Duty competitive community.”
Duga also joins the game in Multi-Team modes, after spending the first half of the season in Outbreak.
“Duga offers something for every playstyle, whether you prefer to move through the central admin offices for close-range battles or work your way around the perimeter through the bus depot to the chemical processing plant for long-range battles.”
The mid-season update also makes a boatload of bug fixes and gameplay changes. You can see a small selection of the patch notes below…
Cold War Season 3 Reloaded Patch Notes
• ‘80s Action Heroes
• Two sets of nine challenges and rewards are available across Black Ops Cold War and Warzone during the ‘80s Action Heroes event starting May 20th.
• Complete all nine Black Ops Cold War challenges to unlock a tactical rifle Weapon Blueprint, and complete all nine Warzone challenges to unlock a sniper rifle Weapon Blueprint.
• Restored in-game Ping and Packet Loss meters.
• Addressed an issue where Gestures would reset after closing the application.
• New Legacy content available:
• 2 Legacy Black Ops Calling Cards available to all players with access to the Prestige Shop.
• 3 Black Ops 3 Calling Cards and Black Ops 4 Calling Card and available at Season Level 50.
• Animated Black Ops 3 Calling Card available at Season Level 100.
• Addressed an issue where Hardcore matches were being counted as Core modes.
All Sniper Rifles
• In this update, we’re revising sniper rifles with two goals in mind:
• To create more meaningful gameplay between sniper rifles and other weapon classes.
• To better define the role of each sniper rifle to give them more individuality and specialization.
This post originally appeared on Daily Express :: Entertainment Feed