Stormy weather pattern to continue in to next week


55
10 shares, 55 points
Stormy weather pattern to continue in to next week
HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) — The Saturday evening storms are turning strong to severe in parts of southeast Texas.

The National Weather Service issued a Tornado Warning for Austin, Colorado and Waller counties but it was allowed to expire at 10 p.m.

Authorities in Spring sent a warning out after a house in the Birnham Woods area caught on fire when intense lightning sparked flames Saturday afternoon. Neighbors in that area told Eyewitness News that they heard a loud boom before the fire started. The people who live in that home were able to get out safe, but will have to stay somewhere else for the night.

There were also reports of smoke inside a Kroger located in the 2300 block of Rayford.

Much of the deepest tropical moisture that’s been giving us so much rain lately is slowly pushing east into Louisiana. There will still be enough moisture left over for heavy downpours on Sunday and Monday.

As high pressure builds over the area, somewhat drier conditions will prevail. Scattered showers and storms will be possible through the middle of the week with drier conditions by the end of the week.

How much rain has your part of town received so far? Harris County provides rainfall totals across the city with a map from the Flood Warning System.

Stay weather aware by downloading the ABC13 app to have the latest breaking news and weather alerts sent straight to your phone.
How much rain can we expect over the next 7 days?
The good news is that our deepest moisture levels have moved east, so our rainfall totals will not be as significant as we’ve seen over the last week. Rainfall totals will range between 1-2 inches over the next 7 days.

It sure has been raining a lot, hasn’t it?
Yes it has! We saw over 11 inches of rain in May at IAH. That accounts for more than half our rainfall total on the year.

Will the rain chances continue into next week?
Yes. There’s still a 60% chance for rain in the forecast Monday as a disturbance moves through our region. Tuesday and Wednesday are at 40%. We should finally dry out late next week.

RADAR MAPS:
Southeast Texas
Houston
Harris County

Galveston County
Montgomery/Walker/San Jacinto/Polk/Grimes Counties
Fort Bend/Wharton/Colorado Counties
Brazoria/Matagorda Counties

SHARE YOUR WEATHER PHOTOS: Send us pics and videos of weather in your area to [email protected] and at #ABC13Eyewitness on social media.

Copyright © 2021 KTRK-TV. All Rights Reserved.

Author: KTRK

This post originally appeared on ABC13 RSS Feed


0 Comments

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.