Sea of Thieves Pirate’s Life update is live
Sea of Thieves has been given a huge new update, titled A Pirate’s Life.
The Pirates of the Caribbean-themed update ushers in the start of Season 3, which means new rewards and items to unlock.
“A new Season brings with it a new set of rewards, unlocked by earning Renown out on the seas.
“Live your pirate life and reach new Renown levels, granting you cosmetics, gold, Doubloons and Ancient Coins!
“Season Three also delivers a refreshed selection of Trials and Deeds to tackle, with a distinct focus on Tall Tales both old and new – completing these will speed up your progress towards ever more enviable Seasonal rewards.”
As you can see from the patch notes below, the update also adds new Pirates of the Caribbean content, including a brand new story.
The action is said to unfold over five Tall Tales, which are full of puzzles, pitched battles, surprises and rewards.
Players are encouraged to visit the Castaway’s Camp at the nearest Outpost to start the Pirates of the Caribbean content.
You can see the full list of Sea of Thieves update 2.2 patch notes below…
Sea of Thieves update patch notes…
A New Cinematic Adventure
Captain Jack Sparrow and his crew have crossed the horizon into the world of Sea of Thieves, and with Davy Jones following in their wake, they’ve set in motion a perilous chain of events that threaten the known world. Join Jack and other characters from Disney’s Pirates of the Caribbean as you battle to save the Sea of Thieves.
Sea of Thieves: A Pirate’s Life unfolds across five new cinematic Tall Tales – Sea of Thieves’ carefully crafted narrative-driven adventures. Whether you’re playing solo or alongside crewmates, you’ll find these thrilling Tales filled with puzzles, pitched battles, surprises and rewards.
To embark upon the Tall Tales that comprise Sea of Thieves: A Pirate’s Life, head to the Castaway’s Camp at the nearest Outpost to speak to this mysterious new arrival…
Explore New Locations
Venture off the Ferry and deep into the Sea of the Damned for the first time, exploring supernatural waters and uncovering the secrets of a world held in limbo where forsaken pirates linger.
Journey through a world where pirate dreams and nightmares take on physical form as you navigate Captain Jack Sparrow’s past, visiting iconic locations from Disney’s Pirates of the Caribbean.
Dive into the underwater world of the Sunken Kingdom, discover locations built by sinister new foes and enter the towering Coral Fortress, where Davy Jones awaits.
Using the Tunnels of the Damned to travel between worlds has its restrictions: crews approaching a mystical portal with treasure on board should be aware that the journey through the Tunnels transports their ship, but not their treasure. Hand it in at the nearest Outpost before travelling through the Tunnels to avoid leaving treasure floating in the sea in your wake!
Take a journey to defend your world against threats from beyond the horizon! Featuring characters and locations from Disney’s Pirates of the Caribbean crossing over into the Sea of Thieves, Sea of Thieves: A Pirate’s Life is available now as part of the free Season Three update. pic.twitter.com/jkIAe9EXcS
— Sea of Thieves (@SeaOfThieves) June 22, 2021
Sea of Thieves: A Pirate’s Life Commendations and Rewards
New Commendations have been added to the Tall Tales Reputation tab, charting players’ progress as they uncover secrets following the world-changing events across the sea.
Progressing through each Tale will reward players with a range of new cosmetics. For true explorers, unlocking the secrets hidden within the Tales will award a tune often heard floating across the waves…
Sea of Thieves: A Pirate’s Life Achievements
New Xbox and Steam achievements can be unlocked by progressing through the new in-game Commendations. A total of 300 gamerscore is available to earn from this update, and these achievements will remain in the game indefinitely.
Refreshed Front End Menus
When launching Sea of Thieves in Season Three, players will now find an improved front end experience, helping new and experienced players alike get into the right sessions more quickly.
The Play tab hosts the various game modes including the Maiden Voyage tutorial, Adventure and Arena, all with intuitive instructions to aid setup for newer players. An option for Sea of Thieves: A Pirate’s Life has also been added, allowing players to jump straight into the latest action with their friends, placing them in a Closed Crew directly at the Castaway’s Camp ready to begin a Tall Tale.
The Discover tab has an expanded What’s New section to keep you informed of changes taking place across the seas. The Pirate Emporium continues to be available, allowing players to browse and purchase before entering the game.
Sea of Thieves new season pass
New Player Accessibility Settings
New Sea of Thieves players will now be offered a range of accessibility settings when first loading the game to help tailor the experience to their needs, along with shortcut access to the wider suite of accessibility settings included in the game.
New players are now also offered a simple way to ensure Sea of Thieves is suitable for all the family. Enabling Family Mode will disable voice and text communication with other crews you may meet in the open world. These settings can always be re-enabled later from the Settings Menu.
UI Menu Visibility
• To improve readability of UI menus that overlap, the rear image will no longer use a blur effect and will now show as opaque with the front menu using a darker background.
• Within the Accessibility Settings, players can select how long pop-up notifications should appear on-screen using ‘Toast Message Duration’.
Changing Game Language
• Within the Accessibility Settings on PC, players can now choose a preferred game language independent of the operating system language.
UI Menu Narration
• When enabling ‘Let Games Read to Me’ in platform settings, navigating through cosmetic chests and shop UI menus will now be narrated for improved accessibility.
• Within the Quests menu, navigating through the Voyage and Tall Tale inventories will now be narrated.
• Within the Pirate Log, both Season and Reputation sections will now be narrated.
• When interacting with Trading Company representatives, menu navigation will now be narrated.
• Interacting with barrels around the world and navigating through their contents will now be narrated.
• Crews migrating to new servers should no longer become unable to use ship interactions on arrival.
• Crews migrating servers near a shipwreck will no longer bring undiscovered treasure with them to the new server.
• ‘Wild Rose’ – On reaching the final chapter of this Tall Tale and returning to the Order of Souls, the Outpost will now load correctly.
• Swapping emotes while emoting should now correctly change the camera positioning.
• The ‘Speak to Larinna outside any tavern’ Deed should now complete after speaking with Larinna.
• After redeeming a crate, players should no longer see a ‘Redeem’ prompt appear at the Merchant Alliance vendor.
• On Steam, players are no longer able to modify game files in order to exceed the maximum player field of view.
• The Merchant Alliance Lost Shipments map should no longer be blank for a few seconds after opening it.
• When a player has voted at an Emissary table, if the vote is still in progress when they leave the Outpost their vote is now removed.
• Players should no longer be able to vote to end an Emissary session shortly after their ship has sunk.
• While representing Athena’s Fortune or the Order of Souls as an Emissary, defeating named skeletons at Skeleton Forts and the Fort of Fortune will now earn crews Emissary Grade progression.
• Killing a Megalodon should now award players with reputation when sailing as an Athena’s Fortune Emissary.
• The Bear & Bird Ship Bundle in the Pirate Emporium will now correctly show that they have Collector’s Sails and Figurehead available to purchase separately.
• While on a Skeleton Galleon, walking into geometry outside the Captain’s cabin should no longer cause players to safe teleport.
Visual and Audio
• During an Arena contest, the Sea Dog Chest marker should now update correctly on the ship’s map.
• When sailing, the bow splash visual effects now appear from the correct location.
• During The Legend of Glitterbeard, players should hear the vocal audio when the tree starts to glow.
• Toast notifications positioned above dialogue should now move back down when the dialogue has finished.
• The skeleton runes displayed on the Masked Renegade Hull are now orientated correctly.
• After killing fauna on the islands, they should now fade out.
• Commodity Crates should now use the appropriate textures when viewed facing the sun.
• Browsing the clothing store at an Outpost should no longer show overlapping navigation markers the bottom of the screen.
• When a player is affected by snake venom, it will now display the full-screen visual effect.
Performance and Stability
• Improved server stability, reducing scenarios where crews are removed from a game session.
• Further improvements made to server performance, reducing latency during gameplay.
This post originally appeared on Daily Express :: Gaming Feed