The issue was spotted by the team from Dr. Web who say the malware was spread as “harmless” software and installed more than 5,856,010 times.
Upon Doctor Web’s specialists report to Google, part of these malicious applications were removed by the US firm. Sadly, that doesn’t mean anyone who downloaded them are now safe as these will stay on devices until they are manually deleted.
Here is a full list of the applications users need to remove without delay.
• PIP Photo – Over 5.8 million downloads
• Processing Photo – Over than 500,000 downloads
• Rubbish Cleaner – Over 100,000 downloads
• Inwell Fitness – Over 100,000 downloads
• Horoscope Daily – Over 100,000 downloads
• App Lock Keep – Over 50,000 downloads
• Lockit Master – Over 5,000 downloads
• Horoscope Pi – Over 1,000 downloads
• App Lock Manager – Over 10 downloads
Author: David Snelling
Read more here >>> Daily Express :: Tech