Returnal developer Housemarque has released a brand new update on PlayStation 5.
Announced last week, update 1.4.1 is finally available to download from 10am BST UK time.
The latest Returnal update isn’t a big one, but it does fix some of the game’s more irritating issues.
This includes a particularly problematic issue which could cause save-game corruption in rare circumstances.
Trophy hunters will also be pleased to hear that ‘Atropian Survival’, ‘Welcome Home’, and ‘Sins of the Mother’ Trophies can be unlocked by replaying the Act 3 ending.
Housemarque – which was recently purchased by Sony – has also addressed some of the problems with Daily Challenges.
The studio fixed an issue where players were unable to complete a Daily Challenge in the Fractured Wastes, as well as a problem with loot spawning in the Daily Challenge.
Finally, Housemarque has fixed an intermittent visual issue when scanning new items.
You can see the full list of Returnal update 1.4.1 patch notes below…
Returnal update 1.4.1 Patch Notes…
• Platinum: “Atropian Survival”, “Welcome Home”, and “Sins of the Mother” Trophies can now be unlocked by replaying the Act 3 ending
• Daily Challenge: Fixed a rare issue where players might be unable to complete a Daily Challenge in the Fractured Wastes
• Daily Challenge: Fixed an occasional issue with incorrect loot spawning in the Daily Challenge
• Fixed an issue which could cause save-game corruption in rare circumstances
• Fixed an intermittent visual issue when scanning new item
In case you missed it at launch, Returnal is a PlayStation 5 shooter developed by Sony first-party studio Housemarque.
The hugely atmospheric game sees an explorer crash land on a mysterious alien planet that transforms after each death.
“After crash-landing on a shape-shifting alien planet, Selene finds herself fighting tooth and nail for survival. Again and again she’s defeated, forced to restart her journey every time she dies,” reads the official Returnal description.
“In this roguelike shooter, both the planet and your equipment change with every cycle, forcing you to adapt your play style and take on evolving challenges.”
Author: Liam Martin
Read more here >>> Daily Express :: Gaming