The recently surfaced video, taken on June 16, appears to follow a major battle between the Taliban and Afghan forces. The US-trained commandos were sent to the town of Dawlat Abad, in northern Faryab province, to recapture it from jihadist control.
However, after a two hour firefight, the commandos became surrounded.
With no air support or reinforcements, the soldiers were forced to surrender.
In the video shared with veterans network Funker530 last week, armed men can be seen herding the Afghan soldiers into a public square.
According to a translation from CNN, by-standers plead for the men not to be harmed.
“Don’t shoot them, don’t shoot them, I beg you don’t shoot them,” someone says in the local Pashto language.
The captors can then be heard shouting “Allahu Akbar” before unleashing dozens of rounds into the soldiers.
A second piece of footage shows the bodies of the men strewn across the ground.
After the massacre, a Taliban ground commander can be heard telling his men to strip the soldiers of their gear.
A witness who reportedly saw the incident told CNN: “The commandos were surrounded by the Taliban.
“Then they brought them into the middle of the street and shot them all.”
READ MORE: Biden struggles to remember why the US invaded Afghanistan in blunder
Last week, US president Joe Biden, defended the withdrawal of troops from the country, claiming the US objectives had already been completed.
He said: “We went for two reasons,” he said.
“One, to bring Osama bin Laden to the gates of hell, as I said at the time.
“The second reason was to eliminate Al Qaida’s capacity to deal with more attacks on the United States from that territory.
“We accomplished both of those objectives. Period.”
Almost 2,500 American personnel have been killed and 20,722 have been wounded in the war.
He added: “I will not send another generation of Americans to war in Afghanistan with no reasonable expectation of achieving a different outcome.”
Adblock test (Why?)
This post originally posted here Daily Express :: World Feed