Three people were injured in an attack on Nationals Park, Washington, DC, according to police. The shooting forced the cancellation of the game.

Three people were injured in an attack on Nationals Park, Washington, DC, according to police. The shooting forced the cancellation of the game

According to Ashan Benedict (executive assistant chief of police DC’s Metropolitan Police Department), a fan was among the three victims.
CNN reporters inside the stadium heard loud bangs in the sixth inning of a San Diego Padres game.
After hearing gunfire, fans fled from their seats to seek shelter. Benedict stated that there was ultimately no danger to the people in the stadium.
“I want to inform the public that there were no individuals in the stadium at any time that put themselves or others in danger during the incident. It was not an incident of active shooter and is not under investigation. He said that everything took place in the outside of the stadium.
Benedict said that during the match, two cars were involved in an “shootout”. One of the cars was recovered by police, but it is still unknown what happened to the second.
According to Benedict, the two others who were wounded during the shooting are being interrogated by police. Their exact role in the incident is unknown. Benedict said that the individuals involved were also known to law enforcement.
Benedict stated that the victim, who is a female fan, will be able to make a full recovery. In initial statements, police stated that only four persons were injured.
According to Scott Fear (Vice President for Public Safety and Security for Washington Nationals), fans sheltered-in-place in the stadium following the shooting. The scoreboard displayed a message asking fans not to go outside the park after the shooting, which was then updated later to state that it was safe to do so.
We held the shelter for about 10 to 15 minutes. Fear stated that fans could leave the stadium through the Right Field Gates or Center Field Gates. Fear said that MPD informed him that the area was safe and that the gates were open for them to enter.
Nationals announced on Twitter that the remainder of the game would be suspended until Sunday afternoon.
The team stated that the suspended game would resume at 1:05 ET, and will be played as a 9-inning regulation match.
The team announced that Game 3 in the Nationals-Padres series, which was initially scheduled for Sunday at the same hour, will now be played at the end of the suspended match.
Fernando Tatis Jr., San Diego Padres’ star pitcher posted his gratitude on Twitter for all those who helped with the shoot.
We wish everyone safety! Keep the faith alive and thank everyone who helps in front! He said, “God bless!”

Publited at Sun, 18 July 2021 05.05:39 +0000

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.