Predictions, statistics and team news ahead of Man Utd’s Premier League match against Newcastle at 3:00pm.
News from the team
Cristiano Ronaldo is making his second appearanceManchester UnitedOn Saturday, Newcastle United will make its Premier League debut.
Ronaldo (36), joined United on a 2-year contract from Juventus. The Portugal forward will look to increase his total of 118 goals in Old Trafford, where he won eight major trophys over six seasons.
After recovering from an injury that led to him being forced from the England squad during the international break, Jadon Sancho can also be available.
NewcastleCallum Wilson (thigh), Ryan Fraser (ankle), and Ryan Fraser (ankle), are out of action. However, Miguel Almiron (midfielder) is still available in the midst of a continuing debate about whether Premier League clubs have decided not to permit South American players from South America to travel to other countries on the UK Government’s Covid-19 red list.
Almiron didn’t meet with the Paraguay team for last week’s World Cup Qualifiers. It was learned that FIFA had requested the Paraguay Football Association to invoke the five-day rule. This would have prevented him from playing for the Magpies on this weekend.
Manchester United hosts Newcastle in the Premier LeagueSaturday September 11 (3pm kick-off).
Follow the game live with the blog at theSky SportsWebsite and App – Get detailsSolskjaer’s starter line-upAs soon as teams are announced, at 2pm.
The results will be there in no time.Highlights from matchesWe’ll get them for youFree starting at 5.15pmSky Sports app and website, as well ourSky Sports Football YouTube Channel.
We’ll also provide the most accurate stats, analysis, and reactions after each game.
Last time out…
- Manchester United has lost only one of its 36 home league matches against Newcastle (W26D9). That defeat was in December 2013, under David Moyes (0-1).
- Newcastle has scored in six out of eight Premier League matches with Manchester United, but they have only won two (L4).
- Manchester United has lost only three of the six first league matches last season (W2D1) and three more in its 35 Premier League matches.
- Newcastle has taken 10 points out of their 15 away games in the Premier League (W3D1L1) but they lost at Aston Villa last time. Only nine of their 42 previous points on the road had been earned by the Magpies (W2D3L9).
- Manchester United has scored at least one goal in every 14 Premier League home matches, scoring an average of 2.9 goals per match. They’ve conceded 19 goals in their previous 14 Premier League home games, but they have only managed to keep three clean sheets. However, at Old Trafford they scored at least one goal in six of those last six matches.
- Cristiano Ronaldo last Premier League game was against Arsenal in May 2009. If he plays in Manchester United’s match, it will be the longest time between Premier League appearances (12 years and 118 days).
- Cristiano Ronaldo, Man Utd’s star player in the Premier League was last seen scoring against Manchester City 12 years ago (124 days). If he does score again for United, Matt Jackson is the only player to have a shorter gap between Premier League goals. He had 13 years and 187 day between May 1993-November 2006 (Matt Jackson).
- Manchester United’s Cristiano Rojo has scored 48 hat tricks in all competitions during his club career. The first was against Newcastle United in a Premier League match back in January 2008.
Publited Fri, 10 Sep 2021 at 13:20:35 +0000