It seems that everything is at stake right now. Are we on the cusp of overcoming the pandemic with mRNA technology, or is a clever, developing virus bringing us many more years of uncertainty, testing and booster shots? AI will either liberate us from the pandemic with new drugs, medicines and entertainment options, or subtly make us slaves in an algorithmically controlled world that doesn’t allow us to choose. Are we going to stop global warming? Or will we just continue living in the shadows of more powerful flood defences and air conditioners? Is ransomware to be controlled or can it lead to the downfall of governments?
The last decade has seen a dramatic technological acceleration. However, the last 18 months have witnessed a seismic shift in the way we live, work and connect. Rewire the world. RE:WIRED will discuss how society can make big bets if they want to see the best.
Join us November 9-10 for lively discussions between technologists and artists as well as policymakers and other people who are interested in the implications of technology on society, economy, sustainability and ultimately our future.
RE:WIRED, a virtual two-day global conference, brings together the most prominent names in business and technology to talk about the biggest problems facing the planet and the solutions.
WIRED is a guide to the future for more than 25-years. We are also the user guide for an increasingly futuristic future. Re:WIRED has something to offer everyone, whether they are obsessed by space, scared about climate change or excited about genetic medicine.
- Moderna CEO Stephane Bencel speaks with Nahid Bhhadelia, founder director at BU Center for Emerging Infectious Diseases Policy and Research about the future and promise of mRNA vaccinations for all things, from influenza to cancer.
- Jen Easterly is the Director of the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency.
- Timnit Gebru is an independent scholar who was once co-lead for the Ethical AI Research team at Google Brain. He discusses the development of new methods of independent scrutiny in order to make sure that AI development does not benefit only a few.
- Kai Fu Lee, Chairman and CEO at Sinovation Ventures, and President of Sinovation Ventures Artificial Intelligence Institute. In conversation with Kate Crawford ( Senior Principal Researcher at Microsoft Research New York) about what the future looks like for AI.
- Science fiction author Neal Stephenson – Building virtual worlds and fixing real ones
In the weeks ahead, more great speakers will be announced. Sign up below to receive updates.
Registering is free and includes access to livestreams for all RE:WIRED sessions from November 9, 10 and 20, 2021. If it is safe, you’ll receive first updates on the events and be able to register for the in-person gatherings. The live show will allow you to ask questions and participate in discussions.
We have the power to change the future. RE:WIRED helps you do that.
- Get the latest news on science and tech: Subscribe to our newsletter
- The little-known genius that made Pixar possible
- Tesla designs chips for self-driving technology
- Tips to learn Type with One Hand
- What is art in an age of algorithmic programming?
- Curves and pigeons are the solution to the problem of the travelling salesperson
- Our new database lets you explore AI in a way that is unlike any other.
- WIRED Games: Find the most recent tips and reviews.
- Our Gear Team’s favourite laptops and keyboards will help you improve your productivity.
Publiated at Thu 16 Sep 2021, 16:27.22 (+0000).