DALLAS – Temple men’s tennis (9-7) dropped to American Athletic Conference opponent, Memphis (12-4) by a final score of 4-2 on Saturday evening.
- The nationally ranked Tigers came out strong in doubles play, securing wins from the No. 2 and No. 3 positions to enter singles with the advantage.
- The Owls stepped up in singles play in an attempt to shift the momentum, as Leo Raquin and Marin Delmas secured wins from the No. 1 and No. 3 positions in the second and third order of finish, but it would not be enough to stop the Tigers from earning the remaining points for the win.
- Stevenson/Taylor (Mem) vs. Delmas/Gorregues (Tem), 5-4, unfinished
- Cutting/Alemany (Mem) def. Grollman/Barety (Tem), 6-4
- Sydow/Fanlo (Mem) def. Frumholz/Raquin (Tem), 6-2
- Delmas (Tem) def. Cutting (Mem, 6-2, 6-4
- Stevenson (Mem) def. Gorregues (Tem), 6-2, 7-5
- Raquin (Tem) def. Taylor (Mem), 6-1, 6-3
- Alemany (Mem) def. El Tawil (Tem), 6-2, 6-1
- Fanlo (Mem) vs. Barety (Tem), 7-6, 3-0, unfinished
- Edgar (Mem) def. Frumholz (Tem), 6-3, 6-4
Order of Finish:
Doubles: 3, 2, 1
Singles: 4, 3, 1, 6, 2,
- The Owls will close out their three-match weekend in Dallas tomorrow, Apr. 3, as they take on Wichita State at 12 p.m. ET.