Following their visit to the UK earlier this month for the Platinum Jubilee celebrations, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex are reportedly hoping to secure their relationships with the Royal Family with an invite to Balmoral Castle. Royal commentator Neil Sean said in a recent episode on his YouTube channel that Meghan and Harry were “hoping for a holiday invite”.
He said: “There could be good news on the horizon apparently because as we know, our wonderful monarch likes to holiday up in one of her favourite homes, Balmoral, up in Scotland.
“You go over there and you’re completely cut off from the world and it makes you relax and think good thoughts.
“It’s the time of year where our monarch likes to invite members of her family to come and spend time with her, they don’t all come at once, they all come when they’re invited at segregated times.
The Queen travelled to the Scottish estate on Monday alongside other senior members of the Royal Family including Prince Charles, Princess Anne, and Prince Edward and Sophie, the Earl and Countess of Wessex.
It has not been confirmed which other members of the Royal Family will join the Queen during her stay.
She traditionally stays for around three months and leaves in September or the beginning of October.
Mr Sean explained that the couple’s bid for an invitation seemed “odd in itself” as he had been told that “Harry and Meghan were not particularly keen on Balmoral, particularly Meghan”.
Meghan and Harry were invited to Balmoral in 2019 but declined the invitation explaining that their newborn son Archie, now three, was too young to travel with them.
Their daughter, one-year-old Lilibet met the Queen during the Jubilee weekend but her young age may mean the couple chooses to decline another invitation.
So what do YOU think? Should Meghan and Harry be invited to Balmoral? Vote in our poll and leave your thoughts in the comment section below.