Categories
Sports

Australian tennis doubles champion Todd Woodbridge to take on


Australian tennis doubles champion Todd Woodbridge to take on Channel Nine’s weekend sports news during the summer break

Aussie sports legend Todd Woodbridge has taken on a new role.

The 51-year-old former tennis champ will be presenting sport for Channel Nine’s weekend news bulletin during the summer holidays, reports the Herald Sun.

Woodbridge, who won 16 grand slam doubles titles with doubles partner with Mark Woodforde, has been a regular sports commentator with the network since 2019.

Former tennis champ Todd Woodbridge will be presenting sport on Channel Nine's weekend news bulletin during the summer holidays reports the Herald Sun

Former tennis champ Todd Woodbridge will be presenting sport on Channel Nine’s weekend news bulletin during the summer holidays reports the Herald Sun

The promotion comes after Woodbridge impressed fans with his court side commentary at both Wimbledon and the US open earlier this year.

The popular sports presenter joined Nine in 2019 and went on to host the network’s Ashes coverage the same year.

Before joining Nine, Woodbridge spent 12-years at Channel Seven as a tennis commentator. He also took part in the network’s 2018 Commonwealth Games coverage.

It comes after Woodbridge revealed he was recently caught up in a hacker scam caused by the massive Medibank data breach.

Woodbridge (pictured) who won 16 grand slam doubles titles with doubles partner with Mark Woodforde has been a regular sports commentator with the Nine network since 2019

Woodbridge (pictured) who won 16 grand slam doubles titles with doubles partner with Mark Woodforde has been a regular sports commentator with the Nine network since 2019

Hundreds of names, addresses, birthdates and Medicare details were posted under a ‘good-list’ and a ‘naughty-list’ on a blog belonging to the group known as Blogxx or REvil.

Woodbridge said he had been caught up in the crime after a recent health scare.

‘I’m one of those people who have been scammed by the Medibank situation,’ he told radio 3AW’s Heidi Murphy on Friday.

Before joining Nine, Woodbridge spent 12-years at Channel Seven as a tennis commentator

Before joining Nine, Woodbridge spent 12-years at Channel Seven as a tennis commentator

Woodbridge said he is a Medicare customer ‘… I (recently) had a little health blip with a minor heart issue and obviously I ended up in hospital.

‘Yesterday afternoon my phone started buzzing consistently for about five calls in a row and I didn’t answer.’

Woodbridge said it’s not often that he doesn’t automatically answer his phone ‘because obviously I’m in the public domain and a lot of people have my number’. 

The tennis great has been campaigning to encourage all members of the public to get health checks since he suffered a heart attack in October.

The tennis great has been campaigning to encourage all members of the public to get health checks since he suffered a heart attack in October Pictured: Woodbridge with wife Natasha

The tennis great has been campaigning to encourage all members of the public to get health checks since he suffered a heart attack in October Pictured: Woodbridge with wife Natasha

Advertisement



Source link

Avatar

By Google News

Google News is a news aggregator platform. It presents a continuous, customizable flow of articles organized from thousands of publishers and magazines.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.