Categories
UK

Meghan and Harry ‘killed off any respect’ with Netflix doc


Meghan and Harry have been criticised by a royal commentator who has claimed the couple “killed off any respect” the public once held for them.

The Sussexes’ docuseries, Harry & Meghan, dropped earlier this month in two parts on December 8 and 15, with both including three episodes. But Angela Levin, who who wrote Harry: A Biography of a Prince, labelled it “a load of nonsense” – despite part one racking up 81.55 million hours of viewing in the first four days after its release.

“You get to a sort of mature age, your late teens, you start to see the impression you give. The fact that they couldn’t see they were killing any respect anyone could have for them with this six hours of boredom – which I watched all the way through – surely [they] realise this is ridiculous,” Ms Levin told TalkTV in her 2022 Royal Roundup.

The couple’s show may have backfired and ended up hurting their own public image, Ms Levin believes.

She added: “I think that, actually, they’ve destroyed themselves quite a lot.”

The comments come after a difficult year for the Royal Family. Queen Elizabeth II’s death marked the end of an era following her 70-year reign.

“This promise of ‘once you’re married, don’t worry, it’ll get better, once they get used to you it’ll get better, of course it’ll get better’. But truth be told, no matter how hard I tried, no matter how good I was, no matter what I did, they were still going to find a way to destroy me.”

The couple split as working members of the Firm in 2020 and moved to Montecito, California.

A few months later, Meghan and Harry gave a bombshell interview to TV megastar Oprah Winfrey.

They now reside in California with their two children, Archie, three, and Lilibet, one.



Source link

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.