The Animal Crossing New Horizons June update
The start of the new month means a lot of changes for the Nintendo Switch game, including some noteworthy Animal Crossing New Horizons June updates to the Bugs and Fish list.
And luckily for us, we already know about the new Animal Crossing event being planned, so gamers can be ready to unlock new stuff over the coming weeks
With the switching of the seasons, Nintendo will be releasing new animals into the wild as well as making some other changes, with June focusing on Wedding Season in Animal Crossing New Horizons.
Players will be able to earn Heart Crystal currency, as well as exclusive Wedding Furniture items during the event.
This will come through helping Harvey on his island and meeting the married couple Reese and Cyrus.
Gamers will also want to help arrange and take anniversary photos with them during the June event.
A message covering the changes for June from Nintendo adds: “That means it’s wedding season…which is our friend Harvey’s busiest time of year for photography, no doubt.
“I have a hunch that he wouldn’t mind a little help behind the lens this month. I do hope you’ll consider checking in on him?”
The Heart Crystals currency earned during the event will allow gamers to buy Wedding themed items and furniture.
The new Animal Crossing Wedding event is expected to last until the end of the month, completing its run on June 30, 2020.
ANIMAL CROSSING NEW HORIZONS FISH AND BUGS LIST
Animal Crossing New Horizons gamers will also know that changes are being made to the official list of Fish and Bugs that will be available to catch.
This is tied to the seasons changing in the Northern and Southern Hemispheres and there is a list below, offering details on some of the new stuff arriving today:
Northern Hemisphere Fish in June
- Arowana – Cost 10,000 – Location River – Size Medium – Time – 4pm – 9am.
- Arapaima – Cost 10,000 – Location River – Size Large – Time 4pm – 9am.
- Dorado – Cost 15,000 – Location River – Size Large – Time 4am – 9pm.
- Giant snakehead – Cost 5,500 – Location Pond – Size Large Time – 9am – 4pm.
- Gar – Cost 6,000 – Location Pond – Size Huge – Time 4pm – 9am.
- Tilapia – Cost 800 – Location River- Size Medium Time – Anytime
- Piranha – Cost 2,500 – Location River – Size Small – Time 9am – 4pm and 9pm – 4am.
- Saddled bichir – Cost 4,000 – Location River – Size Medium-Large – Time 9pm – 4am.
- Ribbon eel – Cost 600 – Location Sea – Size Thin – Time Anytime.
- Whale shark – Cost 13,000 – Location Sea – Size Huge – Time Anytime.
- Suckerfish – Cost 1,500 – Location Sea – Size Large – Time Anytime.
- Saw shark – Cost 12,000 – Location Sea – Size Huge – Time 4pm – 9am.
- Hammerhead shark – Cost 8,000 – Location Sea – Size Huge – Time 4pm – 9am.
- Great white shark – Cost 15,000 – Location Sea – Size Huge – Time 4pm – 9am.
Southern Hemisphere Fish in June
- Oarfish – Cost 9,000 – Location Sea – Size Huge Time Anytime.
- Pond smelt – Cost 500 – Location River – Size Small – Time Anytime.
- Stringfish – Cost 15,000 – Location River – Size Large – Time 4pm – 9am.
- Sea butterfly – Cost 1,000 – Location Sea – Size Small – Time Anytime
- Squid – Cost 500 – Location Sea – Size Small – Time Anytime.
Northern Hemisphere Bugs for June
- Drone beetle – Cost 200 – Location trees – Time Anytime.
- Emperor butterfly – Cost 4,000 – Location Flying – Time 5pm – 8am.
- Goliath beetle – Cost 8,000 – Location palm trees – Time 5pm – 8am.
- Firefly – Cost 300 – Location Flying – Time 7pm – 4am.
- Mosquito – Cost 130 – Location Flying – Time 5pm – 4am.
- Rainbow stag – Cost 6,000 – Location trees – Time 7pm – 8am
Southern Hemisphere Bugs in June
- Birdwing – Cost 2,500 – Location Flying – Time 8am – 5pm.
- Dung beetle – Cost 3,000 – Location snowballs – Time Anytime
- Emperor butterfly – Cost 4,000 Location Flying – 5pm – 8am.
Nintendo has also provided a helpful list of other activities you can do during June while exploring other islands, including:
Trade items – Hop on over with some spare items, fossils or DIY Recipes to either trade or just share. Don’t forget that your island’s native fruit always makes a nice gift to someone who doesn’t have that fruit yet, or you can sell it for more Bells at your friend’s Nook’s Cranny store than you would on your island.
Talk to the residents – Get to know the locals and become friends with them. If you spot smoke coming from a chimney, it means someone’s indoors. If you catch them making something, you can get a DIY Recipe too!
Go on a shopping spree – Check out the Nook’s Cranny and Able Sisters stores on other islands, as they’ll often have different items to your island’s stores (and different colour variations, too!). If Kicks, Leif or Redd are visiting your friend’s island, you can also browse their wares too.
Host your own events – Feel like throwing a birthday party? A fashion show? A late-night fireside camp-out? Then do it! Decorate the island, invite your friends and enjoy any event that takes your fancy.
Create games to play – Set up a treasure hunt, a hedge maze or an obstacle course for others to beat. Use the Timer item to see who can catch the most fish or bugs in three minutes. Play a game hide and seek, tag or whatever takes your fancy!
Check for special visitors – If CJ’s hosting a Fishing Tourney or Flick’s running a Bug Off, you can enjoy those events with others as a team. Alternatively, play the Stalk Market with friends: buy from Daisy Mae on an island with a low turnip price and then, when you or your friends have a high price at Nook’s Cranny, get together for a turnip-selling party!
Go stargazing – If Celeste is wandering your island at night, invite friends over for a stargazing party! As well as getting a DIY Recipe by talking to her, everyone can watch for shooting stars. To wish upon a star, make sure you’re not holding any items, tilt the camera upwards, then press the A Button when you see one shoot across the sky. Check your island’s beach the next day and you’ll find rare Star Fragments!
Become Best Friends – You can use the Best Friends app on your NookPhone to add people you’re playing with to your Best Friends list. This not only lets them access tools like axes and shovels while on your island, but also lets you see when they’re online, send them messages via the app and even buy them presents for delivery directly from Nook Shopping at Resident Services.