THE Covid-19 pandemic has upended family life around the world. School closures, working remotely, social distancing – it’s a lot to navigate for everyone, especially for parents.
In such situations, it can be tough to monitor what your children do or eat, and whether they are having proper nutrition and practising good eating habits.
Young children and toddlers are in the rapid stage of growth and development and hence need to receive sufficient nutrition for optimal growth.
Good nutrition is crucial for health, particularly in times when the immune system needs to fight back.
Here’s an easy homemade pizza recipe to keep little bellies full and hands busy while nurturing healthy eating habits in the family. It is also a great bonding session for mummies and your children.
Make way for pizza! It’s a meal that almost everyone of every age loves to eat. And with a few simple ingredients, you can make this ultimate kid-friendly dish and be proud to serve it!
When your kids regard cooking, baking, or food experimentation as a great way to spend time, they’re well on their way to appreciate good food. Enjoy!
This article is contributed by Jay Mee, the marketing director of EverQuest PR & Events and director of Baby Koala, a Malaysian home-grown baby brand.
Rainbow Pizza & The Sun Pizza
Total time 30 minutes
Prep time 20 minutes
Bake time 10 minutes
Makes 2 Mini Pizzas
2 pieces of wholemeal bread
Tomato Paste – 5 tablespoons
Red pepper – cut into small cubes
Carrot – cut into small cubes
Onions – cut into small slices
1. Firstly, wash your hands with soap.
2. Boil the corn, green peas and carrot with a pinch of salt for 5 minutes.
3. Smooth the tomato paste onto the bread as the base.
4. Design your own pizza according to your own creativity. (Preston made a ‘Rainbow’ pizza and a ‘Sun’ design pizza.)
5. For the ‘Rainbow’ pizza, arrange the vegetables in the order of the colours of a rainbow. Spread the red pepper, carrots, corn, green peas and onions on the bread.
6. For ‘Sun’ design pizza, cut the Kraft cheese into a circle and a few strips and place it onto the bread in the form of the ‘Sun’.
7. Sprinkle some mozzarella cheese on top of the toppings.
8. Bake for 10-15 minutes.