Call of Duty Warzone map update during Season 4?
Call of Duty Warzone Season 4 isn’t scheduled to kick off until next month but there are already reports of what is being planned. For now, it remains just a rumour, but there are hints that developers Infinity Ward are planning a big Modern Warfare patch in the coming weeks. And it could end with the launch of a new COD Warzone map for the start of Season 4. It should be noted that this remains a rumour and should be taken with a big pinch of salt.
According to the latest reports, data miners have found evidence of a new event happening in the coming weeks.
This would involve the current map being destroyed in multiple explosions and being replaced by something new. This could involve Verdansk being nuked a lot, followed by the Battle Royale action being moved to a location in Urzikstan.
This would mean the old map disappearing and new locations being released during June 2020, or sometime later in the year. The original poster of this information is the ModernWarzone Twitter account, which followed up its original post with the following:
“There is a tablet in the files containing a video labelled “season 4”, and I’ve just seen the video.
“It’s an overview of Verdansk with red dots popping up EVERYWHERE (nukes?) and after 20+ red dots have popped up it pans left to Urzikstan (the assumed new Warzone map).
“I would post the video, but this is one I’m afraid would lead to DMCAs/Twitter suspension. There’s always been coding showing the possibility of multiple maps, but I honestly didn’t expect them to be leaving Verdansk anytime soon.
“This is all speculation based on what we’ve seen from the files and everything is subject to change. That tablet could be an old placeholder, but it WAS just added with this latest update.”
As mentioned above, Infinity Ward could be working on a new map and it could be arriving during Call of Duty Modern Warfare Season 4.
However, until Activision share more about its plans for June and beyond, it will be hard to know exactly what is coming next.
In other news, Activision has been explaining more about the latest changes made to Call of Duty Warzone, although some have now been removed.
This includes the new Most-Wanted Contract, something that is seen as a potential game-changer.
For those who might have missed it, COD Warzone gamers were for a short time able to find contracts that show up as crowns.
Picking them up rewarded players with cash and the chance to bring back your whole squad, which is an amazing opportunity if you ccould survive the five minute countdown and being visible on the map to everyone.
This change has now been removed but there is a good chance it might come back at a later date.
Five Tips for Being (or Hunting) the Most Wanted
5. Not for the Faint of Heart. Due to the rewards and risks associated with a Most Wanted Contract, those who pick it up either are desperate to get a teammate back, or confident in their ability to survive. If you aren’t ready for a fight, don’t go near a Most Wanted target.
4. Hot Pursuit. Most Wanted Operators may want to high tail it out of high traffic areas, such as Downtown, Superstore, and Boneyard, in favor of more secluded ones. Vehicles can help you cover ground quickly, but you might just be asking for an epic chase if you decide to hop in that SUV, Helicopter, or other mode of transportation.
3. Intel is Power. Whether you are Most Wanted or hunting for them, reconnaissance tools can help you pin down the opposition to a more exact location rather inside a big circle. For that reason, it’s a great idea to pick up UAVs, Heartbeat Monitors, and Snapshot Grenades, no matter if you are the hunter or the hunted.
2. Look for the Red Icons. Hunting for Most Wanted Operators? Your full Tac Map will give you a better picture on where they are in Verdansk, especially if they try to escape to more isolated areas.
1. Captain Clutch. If all your squadmates are down and the Gulag is closed, a Most Wanted Contract can get your squad back in the game. It will be tough as a sole survivor, but if you can wait out the potential onslaught, then you may just become the MVP of your squad in only a matter of minutes.