Home Sports Conor McGregor awaiting results of key tests which could lead to re-arrest

Conor McGregor awaiting results of key tests which could lead to re-arrest

staronline@reachplc.com (Joshua Peck)

UFC star Conor McGregor is reportedly waiting for results of tests, which could see his re-arrested over alleged sexual assault and indecent exposure.

McGregor was taken into police custody on the French holiday island of Corsica last Friday following a complaint.

It has been claimed that McGregor, 32, assaulted a young woman and showed off his manhood following a drinking session in the port town of Calvi on September 6.

McGregor was released without charge though the case is still active and he reportedly could be summoned before a magistrate later this week.

“Key physical tests were carried out on the suspect, but the results will not be known until after the weekend,” an investigating source said on Sunday, according to The Mirror.

“These tests are of a routine nature following incidents like this, but they take time, to make sure there is no doubt about them.

“It is also possible that the incident being complained about was filmed. It took place in a very busy place, where fixed cameras are situated everywhere.

“Lots of holidaymakers would also have been filming and taking pictures on their phones, so they also need to be spoken to.”

- Advertisement -

Police raided McGregor’s £3m yacht the day after formal allegations were made.

Conor McGregor has spent time with his family on a luxury yacht since retiring

McGregor made his way to the local Tramariccia Gendarmerie, surrounded by bodyguards, and was questioned by an examining magistrate and judicial police.

“The suspect was arrested and placed in custody by the judicial authorities,” said a spokesman for the Bastia prosecutor. “He was released on Saturday.”

French police can hold a suspect for an initial period of 48 hours before having to apply for an extension to custody, charge them, or release them.

Conor McGregor 'retired' from UFC earlier this year
Conor McGregor ‘retired’ from UFC earlier this year

Get the latest transfer news straight into your inbox!

Want to be on the ball with Jadon Sancho to Manchester United updates? Or perhaps you’re a Chelsea fan wondering who on earth could join next?

Well then sign up for the brilliant new Daily Star Sport email newsletter!

From the latest transfer news to the agenda-setting stories, get it all in your email inbox.

How do you sign up?

It only takes a matter of seconds.

Simply type your email address into the box at the top of this article and hit ‘subscribe’.

- Advertisement -

And that’s it, job done. You’ll receive an email with all of the top news stories every single morning.

You can find out more information on our email newsletter on this link here.

Emmanuelle Ramon, McGregor’s lawyer, has said that the martial arts star denies any wrongdoing.

“He has been released before the legal end of police custody and without any judicial review,” said Mr Ramon.

Audie Attar, McGregor’s manager, said in a statement: “I am irate and putting out a warning loud and clear: Conor McGregor is not and will not be a target for those seeking to score a headline or a payday.”

Source:RSSUnify feed

- Advertisement -

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

- Advertisment -
%d bloggers like this: