(WJW) – The U.S. has the third most coronavirus cases in the world.
John Hopkins reports the nationwide total has passed 46,000 Tuesday.
Italy has nearly 64,000.
6,000 people there have died.
There are more than 81,000 cases in China and 3,100 deaths.
In America, nearly 600 people have died.
There are 6 deaths in Ohio.
Ohio’s “stay at home” order went into effect at midnight.
Click here for a list of what’s considered essential under the stay at home order.
- Of the 712 passengers on the Diamond Princess cruise ship who tested positive for coronavirus, nearly half were asymptomatic at the time of testing, according to the CDC
- The same report indicates the virus was found on surfaces on the ship 17 days after no passengers remained
- New Jersey is set to release inmates Tuesday considered low-risk offenders to mitigate spread of coronavirus
- (AP) Top congressional and White House officials negotiating the nearly $ 2 trillion coronavirus rescue package say they expect to reach a deal sometime Tuesday
- (AP) Asian stock markets are higher after the U.S. Federal Reserve promised economic support
- Thailand has declared a month-long state of emergency to slow the spread of the virus
- China is lifting the 2-month lockdown of its Hubei province; Wuhan will remain locked down until at least April
COVID-19 Testing Vs. Confirmed Cases by State
WAVY created a database that reflects the approximate number of coronavirus tests conducted in each state in the United States to date. The numbers in this data set are approximate and are based on current public information. The data comes directly from each state’s official department of health website.
- Click here for coronavirus FAQ
- Click here for more on businesses that are currently hiring during the coronavirus pandemic
- Click here for information on helping or getting help from the Greater Cleveland Food Bank