A severely ill coronavirus patient has reportedly died after his family disconnected his ventilator so they could plug in an air conditioner.
The man was being treated in an Intensive Care Unit (ICU) at MBS Hospital in Rajasthan, northern India. According to local media reports, his relatives came to visit him on Monday night.
While sitting in his hospital room they began feeling hot, so made the unbelievable decision to unplug his ventilator machine from the power source. They then plugged in an air cooler instead.
Some time later the ventilator’s battery ran out and the patient’s condition quickly deteriorated.