UPDATE: Fortnite replace 11.20 server downtime is in full swing, as Epic takes the sport offline for upkeep.
The brand new Fortnite replace might be downloaded for PS4, Xbox One, iOS, Android, PC and Nintendo Swap. Full patch notes ought to observe quickly.
“Downtime for v11.20 has begun,” Epic confirmed on Twitter.
One extra new characteristic is the power to seek for skins primarily based on season, occasion and extra.
ORIGINAL: Fortnite developer Epic Video games has taken the sport offline for the discharge of replace 11.20.
Fortnite replace 11.20 is accessible to obtain when server downtime begins at 9am UK time.
Battle Royale and Save the World will likely be offline for roughly two hours, so anticipate Fortnite to return again on-line at round 11am GMT.
To assist cross the time throughout the server upkeep, followers can obtain the replace on PS4, Xbox One, PC, iOS, Android and Nintendo Swap.
Followers can even try the patch notes, leaks and modifications proper right here at Categorical On-line.
Early patch notes can be found proper now, and Epic Video games has advised that in contrast to earlier than in Season 2, Chapter 1, full patch notes will likely be revealed when downtime ends.
That is in line with an Epic Video games tweet: “Hey, all! We have got v11.20 coming tomorrow. Downtime begins at four AM ET (0900 UTC). Keep tuned for updates when downtime ends.”
Within the meantime, followers have a reasonably good concept about what to anticipate due to the early patch notes out there now.
Maybe the most important change is the addition of DirectX 12 assist for the PC model of the sport.
“The PC model of Fortnite at present requires a graphics card able to operating Microsoft DirectX 11,” Epic explains. “In v11.20, nevertheless, you’ll have the added choice to play the PC model utilizing Microsoft DirectX 12!
“By utilizing DX12, PC gamers with high-end GPUs might expertise the next and steadier body charge. It’s because DX12 delivers higher CPU efficiency and permits for the distribution of rendering jobs throughout a number of cores.”
The addition of DirectX 12 assist signifies that much more new options will likely be added over time.
“Sooner or later, we plan on including options to Fortnite which might be made doable by DX12,” Epic continues.
“Permitting gamers to decide into DX12 earlier than these options are added will give us invaluable info in our improvement efforts and assist us shake out any bugs.”
Fortnite replace 11.20 early patch notes…
• DirectX 12 assist for PC
• Repair for ‘The John Wick Outfit’s Pistol might seem bigger than supposed’
• Repair for ‘Devastator Outfit’s hair might not seem the supposed shade’
• Repair for ‘Stock merchandise choice set to geared up weapon as a substitute of first slot’
– The geared up merchandise slot would be the choice slot when gamers open the stock. This was beforehand not the case. Though this will likely be addressed in a future launch, we plan to permit it as an possibility for gamers preferring it.
• Repair for ‘Studies of low-detailed buildings on PlayStation four and Xbox One upon touchdown on the map
– We’re conscious of reviews of buildings generally showing low-detailed on PlayStation four and Xbox One as gamers land on the map.