UPDATE: Fortnite update 11.30 patch notes have finally been revealed in full.
The new update introduces split-screenfunctionality, as well as the ability to preview what’s in the item shop through mobile devices.
The foundations have also been laid for the Star Wars and Christmas events. Full patch notes can be seen further down the page.
ORIGINAL: Fortnite fans can download update 11.30 on PS4, Xbox One, PC, Nintendo Switch, iOS and Android.
As is the norm with numbered updates, the latest Fortnite patch is a big one, weighing in at over 4GB on PC.
Needless to say, it’s accompanied by server downtime, which runs from 9am UK time until around 11am GMT.
The news was announced by Epic Games on Twitter, although without any teasers about what to expect.
“Hey, everyone!” Epic tweets. “v11.30 is on its way for tomorrow. Downtime begins at 4 AM ET (0900 UTC). Stay tuned for updates when downtime ends.”
While the full list of patch notes is yet to be revealed, data leaks have given us a pretty good idea about what to expect.
With Christmas coming up, Epic is getting ready to release the Snowball Launcher, and will also cover the entire map in snow.
Leaked loading screens (at the top of the page) also confirm the festive theme, and will likely be available as rewards during the event.
Fortnite update 11.30 full patch notes…
Introducing Split Screen…
• Play Duos and Squads with a friend on the same PlayStation 4 or Xbox One.
• This is an early release of Split Screen; we will continue to improve the feature. Please report bugs via the in-game Feedback tool.
Preview what’s in the Item Shop using your mobile device.
• With Party Hub, you can now preview what’s new in the Item Shop before loading into the game.
• To do this, open Party Hub, swipe right, and tap “Preview Items.”
• Increased the daily Item Shop gifting limit from 3 to 5.
Changed Ammo Indicator.
• Now a visual representation of remaining ammo number rather than a solid bar.
• You can now choose when to transition from the “Eliminated By” screen to the end-of-match XP screen.
• To transition to the end-of-match XP screen, press “Continue” on the “Eliminated By” screen.
• Made preparations for the Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker live event at Risky Reels on December 14, 2 PM ET.
• Resolved an issue involving the Safe Zone setting on Xbox One returning to 1.00 upon each login.
• Resolved an issue involving some trees and metal fences in Arena not granting the correct material increase.
• The Magma Wrap now appears correctly on the Bandage Bazooka and Pistol.
• Resolved an issue involving the Bandolette Outfit appearing to have two hairstyles merged together.
• Resolved an issue involving some items from the Twin Turntables set appearing grainy and pixelated.
• The Social menu Friends List on mobile devices no longer auto-scrolls to the top when players try to scroll down.
• Resolved an issue involving players’ Quick Bar being inadvertently defaulted off on mobile devices.