Fortnite developer Epic Games has launched update 12.40 on PS4, Xbox One, PC, iOS, Android and Nintendo Switch.
The new Fortnite update will go live after a period of server downtime on the morning of April 15.
Fortnite update 12.40 will be available to download from 7am UK time. Offline server maintenance ends a couple of hours later at around 9am BST.
The announcement was announced by Epic Games on Twitter: “Hi, all! v12.40 is scheduled for Wednesday, April 15. Downtime begins at 2 AM ET (0600 UTC).”
As a numbered update, 12.40 is likely to be accompanied by a lengthy list of patch notes.
According to the early patch notes (which you can see further down the page), Epic will fix a problem with the Skye’s Adventure missions, as well as an issue with the Harpoon Gun challenge.
Elsewhere, Epic will finally fix controller vibration issues, not to mention problems with grenades.
It’s likely Epic Games will add a brand new item to the game, as well as new skins, map changes and challenges.
There’s even a chance Epic will hold a new in-game event, although not the end-of-season event we would normally be expecting around this stage of the season.
That’s because the current season has been extended until early June.
“We’re extending Chapter 2 – Season 2 of Fortnite beyond the original April 30 date. Our plan is to launch Chapter 2 – Season 3 on June 4,” Epic explains.
:Before then, there’s lots of content coming in the current Season. We have multiple game updates on the way that will deliver fresh gameplay, new Challenges, bonus XP, and a couple more surprises up our sleeve!”
The full list of Fortnite update 12.40 patch notes can be seen below…
Fortnite update 12.40 Battle Royale Top Issues…
• Unable to interact with Ollie, preventing completion of Skye’s Adventure Challenge.
– Players may be unable to interact with Ollie, preventing them from completing their Skye’s Adventure Challenge.
• “Pull a player or Henchman with a Harpoon Gun” Challenge not working with Henchmen.
– Skye’s “Pull a player or Henchman with a Harpoon Gun” Challenge may not work with Henchmen.
• Visualized Audio pulses icons instead of being solid.
– Visualize SFX Audio will pulse the direction of audio sources instead of showing them consistently. (Audio appears from the correct direction and source.)
• Grenade temporarily disabled.
– Following our next game update, the Grenade will remain disabled in competitive playlists to maintain loot pool consistency for the duration of this season’s FNCS.
Fortnite update 12.40 General Issues…
• Controllers may not vibrate when the player takes damage.
– Players using a controller may not experience any vibration feedback when taking damage.
• Midas’ Golden Touch does not change items gold.
– Midas’ bonus ‘Golden Touch’ ability to turn weapons gold doesn’t work when first picking something up. Instead, dropping and re-equipping the weapon will turn it gold.