Fortnite update 13.30 patch notes
Fortnite developer Epic Games appears to have delayed the launch of update 13.30 on PS4, Xbox One, PC, iOS, Android and Nintendo Switch. Big new Fortnite updates typically launch every two weeks, with smaller hotfixes released in between. Unfortunately, however, while fans were expecting update 13.30 to drop on July 14 or July 15, it looks like we’ll have to wait until the morning of July 21 instead. While this potentially means no new features for the third week running, fans are boosted by the news that there will be no server downtime this week, which gives us more time to keep on playing.
While there’s a chance Epic Games could still launch the next major Fortnite update on July 16, the fact that the Week 5 challenges are already in the game files suggests that the new patch has been delayed.
Week 5 challenges are pretty run of the mill, tasking players with searching chests, catching fish and collecting floating rings.
There are also no new events rumoured to be taking place this week, which means Epic doesn’t have to release a new patch.
The only reason to launch a major new Fortnite update this week is to fix an ever increasing list of bugs in Battle Royale.
As you can see from the early update 13.30 patch notes below, Epic is currently investigating all kinds of issues.
Mouse cursors are appearing when using controllers, supply drops are not opening, and there are even audio delays on Nintendo Switch.
Unfortunately, however, it looks like we’ll need to wait until July 21 for these issues to be fixed by Epic Games.
Fortnite update 13.30 General patch notes…
• ‘Lock Input Method as Mouse’ does not lock the input method.
– Players may notice their input method repeatedly swap when their ‘Lock Input Method as Mouse’ is set to ‘ON’.
• Mouse cursor appearing on PC when playing with controller.
– When playing on PC with a controller, players’ mouse cursor may appear after they perform certain actions. This can cause issues with gameplay.
Fortnite update 13.30 Battle Royale patch notes…
• Supply Drops at The Authority not opening when searched.
– Supply Drops at The Authority may at times not open after players search them.
• Black rectangles appearing behind player when turning around in the Storm.
– Black rectangles can appear behind the player’s character when turning around in the Storm.
• Gliding not working properly around The Authority.
– All forms of gliding, including deploying from a Launch Pad or Jules’ Glider Gun, may not work properly when around The Authority. Gliding may either stop when near The Authority or not start.
Fortnite update 13.30 Mobile patch notes…
• Sail Shark Glider may have yellow coloration on mobile devices.
– The Sail Shark Glider may have a yellow coloration when viewed on certain mobile devices.
• Audio delay on Nintendo Switch.
– We’re investigating an issue that is causing some audio to be delayed when harvesting and performing other actions on Nintendo Switch.
Fortnite update 13.30 Battle Royale issues in development…
• Slow Glider speed after redeploying in certain situations.
– We’re investigating an issue where players may move slower after Glider redeploying in certain situations.
• XP bar can be visually incorrect while in a match. / Incorrect levelling-up.
– We’re investigating an issue in which the XP bar can be visually incorrect in a match. This can cause players to appear to level up during the match. Please reference your XP bar in the Lobby for an accurate display.
• Floating Rings not visible on platforms with lower settings.
– Floating Rings for Floating Ring Challenges may be present but not visible on some platforms with lower settings.
• Placing a map marker cancels movement.
– Opening the map and placing a marker will cancel held player movements, requiring them to be input again.
• Ocean’s Bottomless Chug Jug unable to be picked up while recharging if dropped by another player.
– Players may be unable to pick up Ocean’s Bottomless Chug Jug while it’s recharging if it was dropped by another player. In this situation, they’ll get the “Backpack Full!” message even if they have an open inventory slot.
• Inability to edit floors and roofs at certain angles.
– Players may have difficulty editing roof and floor pieces when standing on the highest tip of the build or at various camera angles.
• Replays not saving on PlayStation 4.
– Some players on PlayStation 4 may not see any recorded replays when viewing them in the Career tab.
• Intermittent disappearance of Whirlpools in Arena.
– Reports of intermittent disappearance of Whirlpools in Arena/custom matches.
• XP gain from Foraged Items temporarily disabled.
– Due to an issue, we’ve temporarily disabled XP gain from Foraged Items. We’ll provide an update when this is re-enabled.
• “Land at Frenzy Farm and finish Top 25” not counting in Duos/Squads.
– Week 4 Challenge “Land at Frenzy Farm and finish Top 25” may not count if you’re playing in Duos or Squads.