Fortnite update 14.10 launches on September 10
Fortnite developer Epic Games is about to release its first major update of Season 4, as version 14.10 comes to PS4, Xbox One, PC, Android and Nintendo Switch.
Just as fans were starting to think there wouldn’t be an update this week, Epic announced plans to release update 14.10 on September 10 at 9am BST UK time.
The news was announced by Epic Games on Twitter, alongside a warning that update 14.10 would be bigger than usual on PC.
“Facilitate the action,” reads an Epic tweet. “v14.10 arrives tomorrow, September 10. Downtime will begin at 4 AM ET (08:00 UTC).
“Please note that the patch size will be larger than normal on PC.”
While there’s no official server downtime schedule, the servers are likely to be offline for a couple of hours, so expect the game to come back online at around 11am.
As for the patch notes, fans already have a pretty good idea about what to expect from the update.
According to update 14.10 patch notes, the new download brings Stark Industries to the map. This includes the R&D Lab, as well as the Battle Bus chop shop.
Players will also be able to experiment with new powers, such as Thor’s Mjolnir Strike, and Iron Man’s Repulsor Gauntlets.
Following the recent appearance of Silver Surfer, Galactus Gatherer Drones have now appeared on the island. Players will be rewarded for destroying them.
The item shop will now contain customisable items for your hero, while a superhero crossover LTM called Mint Condition joins the playlist.
Elsewhere, 14.10 will fix a problem with replays not saving on PS4. The patch will also fix multiple issues with the Glider, a problem with Silver Surfer’s Board, and a rather irritating matter concerning Supply Drops.
You can check out the update 14.10 patch notes below…
Fortnite update 14.10 patch notes…
• The Armoured Avenger
– Tony Stark’s temporal beacon brings Stark Industries to the island. Explore the R&D Lab and Battle Bus chop shop.
• Unleash More Powers
– The Stark Industries Update assembles more powers. Check out Thor’s Mjolnir Strike, Iron Man’s Repulsor Gauntlets, and more.
• The Forces of Galactus Descend
– Drones from beyond the Cosmos crash landed on the island. Take out Gatherer Drones and you’ll be rewarded.
• A Mint Condition LTM
– Mix and match iconic superpowers from across Marvel in a new comicbook crossover LTM.
• Become a Hero
New to the Item Shop, customise your own hero!
• Weekly Wolverine Challenges
– Clues to Weapon X’s whereabouts continue with new Challenges on Thursday.
Fortnite update 14.10 patch notes bug fixes…
• Setting to disable Licensed Audio for Radio not working when outside a vehicle.
– Licensed Audio will not be muted/disabled, if this setting is selected, for Radio audio heard outside a vehicle. Entering the vehicle as a passenger or driver should properly disable the audio.
• Slow Glider speed after redeploying in certain situations.
– We’re investigating an issue involving players’ Glider speed becoming slower after redeploying in certain situations.
• Replays not saving on PlayStation 4.
– Some players on PlayStation 4 may not see any recorded replays when viewing them in the Career tab.
• Using Silver Surfer’s Board on PS4 or Nintendo Switch sometimes causing crash.
– Using Silver Surfer’s Board during a match on PlayStation 4 or Nintendo Switch can sometimes cause a crash.
• Glider audio from opponents is sometimes missing.
– The audio from an opponent’s Glider is sometimes missing after dropping from the Battle Bus. This can cause you to be unable to hear enemies gliding above you in the early game.
• Unable to consume or throw fish while in passenger seat.
– Players are unable to consume or throw fish when in the passenger seat of a car.
• Using Bifrost Glow Contrail in a match causes FPS drop.
– Using the Bifrost Glow Contrail in a match causes a drop in FPS.
• Supply Drops not disappearing after opened.
– Supply Drops may sometimes not disappear off the map after being opened, persisting on the map and mini-map.
• Multiselect copying objects that are scaled down can revert them to the original size
– When multiselect copying grid based objects and scaled down objects, the scaled down object will sometimes revert back to it original size.