Home World Girl, 13, dies giving birth to her FATHER’S child

Girl, 13, dies giving birth to her FATHER’S child

Girl, 13, dies giving birth to her FATHER’S child 1

The young girl, Luana Ketlen died on December 11 after she was admitted to hospital suffering abdominal pains before medics discovered she was five months pregnant. Police later revealed the young girl had been raped by her father amid years of abuse.

Unfortunately, the young girl died en route to hospital after doctors diagnosed her with cirrhosis of the liver, water on the lungs and low blood pressure.

After inducing her into labour her premature baby was successfully delivered by doctors.

A warrant was soon issued for the arrest for her father, Tome Faba, 36 who went on the run following his daughter’s death.

Mr Faba was arrested in the town of Coari a week later and was transferred to court where he was charged with manslaughter and chid abuse.

Coari police chief Jose Barradas said: “The teenager lived with her parents in a rural area outside the city.

“She did not realise, until two months ago when she began to feel pains in her abdomen, that she was five months pregnant.

“Luana claimed she was ordered to go fishing with her father and was allegedly raped by him while there.”

Mr Barradas did also state the family had reported the abuse to social services after discovering the pregnancy.

- Advertisement -

JUST IN: Fears grow for missing girl last seen in shopping centre

Luana’s family did not know her father had been abusing for such a long time.

A relative of the young girl, who wished to remain anonymous, said the girl kept the abuse secret due to the trauma she had suffered.

The police confirmed the baby was doing well although social services are undecided whether the baby will stay with the young girl’s family.

The news has caused outrage in the local community with protestors gathering outside the courthouse.

Police have reported the baby is doing “exceptionally well” in the hospital’s neonatal unit.

According to doctors she is “strong and already breathing without a ventilator”.

This news follows after seven people were killed after a landslide in the northeastern city of Pernambuco on December 24.

- Advertisement -

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

- Advertisment -