UPDATE: GTA 5 Online gamers have just a few hours left before the latest discounts and deals disappear and are replaced by new ones. The big weekly Grand Theft Auto shuffle is expected to take place at around 9am GMT today.
Gamers are expecting new rewards and bonuses to be announced but are also hoping to find out about Rockstar Games’ expansion plans for GTA Online in 2020. The development team behind the hit multiplayer has not indicated when they will reveal this news but it could be happening in the coming weeks.
ORIGINAL: Rockstar Games are on the eve of updating GTA 5 Online with new deals and offers, although gamers are hoping for more content in the near future.
It’s been a while since the last big expansion was announced and fans are hoping to see something new revealed very soon.
The good news is that Rockstar Games has confirmed that the popular multiplayer mode is coming to next-gen machines.
This means there are plenty of reasons for the Grand Theft Auto development team to keep adding new content.
For now, there are only rumours suggesting what that might be, and it’s going to be hard for Rockstar to top the opening of the Casino.
But they’ve been silent for so long, fans are hoping that some big news will be announced very soon.
Until then, gamers can enjoy the latest discounts and rewards, so that they can be ready for all the new vehicle releases. Rockstar likes to offer new discount each week, usually starting on a Thursday.
So if the dev team is going to stick to their normal schedule, we would expect all the current deals to disappear at around 9am BST, on Thursday, July 9. This will be across all platforms, meaning PS4, Xbox One and PC.
GTA Online has been celebrating Independence Day this week, with these rewards currently available in-game:
- Rewards in Business Battles, including the Statue of Happiness T-Shirt and the Supa Wet Beer Hat
- Double GTA$ & RP in the Missile Base Series
- Half off Independence Day Specials, such as the Liberator Monster Truck, the Firework Launcher, celebratory clothing, Face Paints and more
- A Western Sovereign adorned with a custom livery is the latest Lucky Wheel top prize
- 60% off Mammoth Avengers and their customizations, and 70% off all Bunkers, Hangars and Facilities
- Half off all Yachts, select Vehicles and Arcade Properties
- Twitch Prime Bonuses: A new round of GTA$ 200,000 bonuses for playing between July 2nd – 8th, with up to GTA$ 1,000,000 for playing between now and July 29th
- PlayStation Plus Member Benefits: A GTA$ 1,000,000 bonus for playing between now and August 5th, plus earn GTA$ 1,000,000 each month for playing until the launch of GTA Online on PlayStation 5
- Twitch Prime Discounts: A rebate on the base property purchase price of Pixel Pete’s Arcade, 80% off the V-65 Molotok jet fighter, and 70% off the Declasse Mamba