GTA Online summer special update patch notes
The Grand Theft Auto 5 Summer Special update has finally come to PS4, Xbox One and PC.
The new GTA Online update adds co-op missions, races, vehicles and even a couple of arcade games.
New Arcade games include the classic release QUB3D, as well as Axe of Fury. Players can also play Street Crimes: Gang Wars in single-player against AI opponents.
Elsewhere, the six new solo or multiplayer missions will be accessible for Galaxy Super Yacht owners.
“Captain Brendan D’arcy invites you to get a glimpse of life in the captain’s chair,” reads a Rockstar post.
“Galaxy Superyacht owners can host six new co-op missions ready to launch from the bridge of their vessel, or by simply calling the captain from their iFruit Phone. Play solo or invite an Organisation for backup as you embark on nautical vengeance.”
Players who complete all six missions will unlock a unique sea-faring outfit.
Needless to say, the GTA Online update also adds a variety of new features, not to mention gameplay balances, and bug fixes.
You can see the current GTA Online patch notes for PS4, Xbox One and PC below.
GTA Online Summer Special update patch notes…
Fixes and Improvements
• A number of quality-of-life improvements have been added to GTA Online:
• Players can now return Personal Vehicles to storage via an option within the Interaction Menu.
• Requesting a Pegasus Vehicle is more convenient than ever, with many additional spawn locations being added to reduce your travel time to the closest available location.
• Players can now own up to eight different Properties
• When entering the Diamond Casino & Resort, punters will now be told how long they will need to wait before spinning the Lucky Wheel again. That’s the last time you’ll see a clock inside of The Diamond, though, that’s for sure.
• Mashing the accelerator prior to starting a race is no longer a viable strategy to gain a speed boost. Instead, players can only receive a starting boost by timing their pedal press once “Go” is shown (or in the case of Open Wheel Races, when the countdown lights are removed).
Diamond Adversary Series
• Casing and robbing the joint is fun, but sometimes you need to scratch that competitive itch. The Diamond Adversary Series brings eight high-stakes modes to the glitzy, glamorous confines of The Diamond Casino & Resort including tense favorites like Every Bullet Counts and Slasher and outright competitive mayhem in Hardest Target and Resurrection.
• The Diamond Adversary Series is dealing Double Rewards this week, and it can be launched via the Quick Job Menu or by entering the updated Bunker Series Icon near The Diamond Casino & Resort.
2 New Arcade Cabinets
• If you find yourself yearning for a simpler time, perhaps back in the day when 16 bits was plenty, there’s good news for you – all the way from Liberty City, the classic arcade game QUB3D is making its way to Arcades across Los Santos.
• Axe of Fury also becomes available – a strength test designed to help you prove to your friends/ex-partner/despondent parents just how big and strong and cool you really are.
• And if you have more quarters to rub together than friends, you’ll be chuffed to learn that Street Crimes: Gang Wars can now be played as a single-player game against AI opponents.
• All games – both classic and contemporary – can be purchased from Pixel Emporium on your Arcade Laptop.
All New Business Battles
• When the notification for new Business Battles arrives while you’re sipping a chilled Blêuter’d from the roof of the Diamond Casino and Resort, drop everything and kick into action. These revamped competitions are taking place at new locations across the map and carrying massively increased rewards.
• Trek out to sea and stage a cooperative assault on an idling aircraft carrier before duking it out for the goods, or fight and hack your way through one of several factories to reach the nucleus and earn a hefty pay-day. Bring your squad to maximize your return on investment.
9 New Open Wheel Race Tracks
• Today’s update debuts two new Open Wheel racecars and a new Open Wheel Race Series with nine fresh tracks to leave your skid marks on, from racing across Land Act Dam to dodging turbines in RON Alternates Windfarm.
• There are also a few improvements to Open Wheel gameplay – including the ability to change tire type when pitting and new visible tire wear and body damage indicators. In addition, players who find themselves driving the wrong way around a course – or sitting stationary on the track for too long – will be ghosted to other drivers.
• Plus, get Double Rewards on all Rockstar created Open Wheel Races this week.
6 New Co-Op Missions
• Captain Brendan D’arcy invites you to get a glimpse of life in the captain’s chair. Galaxy Superyacht owners can host six new co-op missions ready to launch from the bridge of their vessel, or by simply calling the captain from their iFruit Phone. Play solo or invite an Organization for backup as you embark on nautical vengeance.
• As an added bonus, get Double Rewards on these new maritime adventures through August 19th. Host and complete all six missions to instantly unlock a unique sea-faring outfit.