A 36-year-old man has died after being shot in Manchester, police said. A second victim, aged 21, is in a life-threatening condition after the incident which is believed to have taken place in the Moss Side area of the city.
Greater Manchester Police said the men attended hospital with gunshot wounds at around 1am on Sunday.
The force said there was an “increased police presence in the Moss Side area where this incident is believed to have taken place”.
In a statement, the force added: “Police are aware of an incident where shortly before 1am today two men self-presented at hospital with gunshot wounds.
“Despite the best efforts of medical workers, a 36-year old man has sadly died from his injuries and a 21-year old man remains in a life threatening condition.
It is understood that the shootings may have happened at a street party earlier in the evening.
Footage on social media also appears to show panicked locals running away in fear following the shooting.
Police have closed Claremont Road from Princess Road to Lloyd Street Sth in the city.
Additional Reporting by Rachel Russell