CoverForYou – along with Cedar Tree and Outbacker travel insurers – recently expanded their Covid cover.
Key elements of this include:
– If you are due to stay at a family member’s house and the family member, or someone in their household, has to self-isolate due to a pandemic, so you choose to cancel your trip because you have nowhere to stay
– You are not allowed to board a plane at the airport due to detected Covid symptoms
– You fall ill with Covid-19 or another pandemic illness and cannot travel
– You, or a member of your household, have to self-isolate at home and cannot travel
– During travel, travel restrictions for a pandemic illness are imposed which were not in force ahead of travel, requiring you to return home.
Neil Wright, founder and managing director of the three travel insurers, said: “The expanded Covid cover is designed to give people additional peace of mind and make clear the levels of cover in place for specific incidents we’ve seen emerging which may affect them before and during travel.