Home Celebrity Monty Don: Gardeners' World host hits out as fan rejects warning over...

Monty Don: Gardeners' World host hits out as fan rejects warning over horror dog injury

Gardeners’ World host Monty Don, 65, told fans his dog Nellie had to undergo emergency surgery after suffering from a “horrible” accident, which was caused by a stick, during a walk. Most recently, he shared a picture of his pet pooch as he gave an update about her recovery.

{%=o.title%}

]]>

In view of his 194,000 followers, he wrote: “Last night Nellie had a very near miss.

“Chasing a stick, she impaled herself on it and speared her throat, missing two arteries by millimetres.

“Thanks to our brilliant vet, working at night, she is fine- if very sorry for herself. So please DON’T THROW STICKS FOR DOGS.”

One Twitter user replied: “The vet’s wife has huge sympathy chances of survival limited cos of splinters in throat and/or infection so please total vigilance for next two weeks message from vet the spouse.”(sic)

READ MORE: Stacey Solomon ’emotional’ as she confirms huge career news

- Advertisement -

Monty Don: Gardeners’ World host responded to fans’ queries about his warning to dog owners (Image: WENN•BBC)

Monty Don: Gardeners’ World host urged fans not to throw sticks at dogs after his pet’s accident (Image: TWITTER•MONTYDON)

In response to this post, Monty said: “Wound cleaned – lots of quite large material removed – flushed and now antibiotics.”

Another commented: “Hang on Monty. Dogs love chasing, fetching and carrying sticks!

“And they’re a darn sight more eco-friendly than anything manufactured we might use instead.

“Condemn the use of sharp sticks and I’m with you.”

- Advertisement -

Monty Don: Gardeners’ World host dog was seen by an emergency vet after a stick speared her throat (Image: INSTAGRAM•MONTYDON)

Monty Don: Gardeners’ World host’s dog Nellie is fully recovered after the horrible accident (Image: INSTAGRAM•MONTYDON)

The presenter replied: “They do – Nell is obsessed by it. But this was just something she picked up in a field.

“By all means let them pick and carry them – but don’t throw them.

- Advertisement -

“My vet says this kind of damage and worse – happens all the time.”

The garden expert has since told fans his dog was “recovering well” thanks to a “brilliant emergency vet”.

DON’T MISS…
Simon Helberg wife: Who is The Big Bang Theory star married to? [LOVE LIFE]
Naga Munchetty opens up on ‘no longer being a priority’ [ADMISSION]
Cliff Richard messages Coleen Nolan before she’s seen breaking down [REVEALED]

Following this post, Monty shared a snap of Nellie out for a walk.

He told fans it was “tough” that his dog didn’t “understand” why he wouldn’t throw a stick at her, following her accident.

The presenter followed up his post with a picture of his beloved pet with a ball in her mouth as she splashed around in water.

“Nell cooling off after lots of ball – not stick – chasing,” he captioned the picture.

Many of his fans flocked to the post to share their thoughts.

One user warned: “Please be careful of tennis balls and large dogs… they are a potential death risk. A friend’s dog died.”

A second commented: “Good girl, Nell!! Tennis balls are waaaaay more fun!!”

“Lovely Nell! So relieved she has recovered from her ordeal,” a third penned.

Yesterday, he shared a snap of his fully recovered dog alongside the caption: “Happy Nell.”

- Advertisement -

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

- Advertisment -
%d bloggers like this: