Overwatch patch notes from Blizzard
Blizzard has released Echo onto PS4, Xbox One and PC, following a lengthy period in PTR testing.
The new hero is the main part of today’s update, which is now available to download across all platforms.
For those who may have missed the recent news regarding the new Echo character, here’s the full description from the Overwatch patch notes, which state:
“Echo is an evolutionary robot created by Dr. Mina Liao and programmed with a rapidly adapting artificial intelligence, versatile enough to fill multiple battlefield combat roles.
“Having joined up with the Overwatch team to defend Paris against the Null Sector incursion, Echo is seeing action as a full-fledged member of Overwatch for the first time. Echo fires three shots (Tri-Shot) at once, in a triangle pattern.
“Echo fires a volley of Sticky Bombs that detonates after a delay. Echo uses Flight to surge forward quickly, then can fly freely to avoid danger or maneuver to a more strategic location. Using Focusing Beam, Echo channels a beam for a few seconds, dealing very high damage to targets with less than half health, including barriers. With Duplicate, Echo targets an enemy hero and clones them, gaining all of their abilities and potentially changing a team fight in an instant.”
But while Echo is the main part of today’s Overwatch update, there’s plenty of other stuff that has changed too.
The official Overwatch patch notes confirm that Blizzard has released a new Practise mode option, making it possible to spawn a training partner to help hone your skills.
Blizzard has also provided a new way to check out the latest game patch notes within the game, as well as providing further server support for select regions.
You can find the latest news in the full patch notes below, which have been provided by Blizzard:
OVERWATCH PATCH NOTES
New Damage Hero: Echo
New Feature: Training Partner
Within the Practice Range, use the Training Partner Spawner to create a bot of any hero on which you can test your abilities.
- The Overwatch team has opened servers in a new datacenter to improve the gaming experience for players in the Middle East. Servers will be available beginning April 14, 2020
- Added a “Patch Notes” button on the main menu and within the options menu. Selecting this button will open a web browser with the latest available game updates
The new Competitive Open Queue will be available in the Arcade for roughly 4 weeks. This mode will use standard Competitive Play rules, including hero pools, but will have no role restrictions or role queues.
- Improved the accuracy of Tracer’s blink movement such that Tracer will more likely end up where the crosshair is pointing
- Tracer will now blink around and over obstacles more easily to move towards the crosshair location. For example, if you aim alongside the corner of a wall, Tracer will blink past the corner
- Tracer cannot blink through a space where she otherwise cannot fit normally
- Tracer cannot blink over an obstacle which she otherwise cannot jump over normally, with the jump originating from Tracer’s height at the start of the blink movement
We hope that these changes to Tracer’s blink will feel more responsive than before.
- Fixed an issue preventing switching to the next hero when team spectating D.Va in Custom Games
- Fixed an issue preventing Team FFA settings and some Hero settings from being pasted back into Custom Game Settings via copy-paste
- Fixed a bug that could cause voice lines from opposing teams to be heard at Hero Select screens on certain maps
- Fixed a bug where knockbacks were not working correctly if the target was moving down a ramp
- Alt+Tab now will cancel saving a highlight, instead of causing problems with playback
- Fixed an issue where support players were getting incorrect credit for some plays, when determining the play of the game
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to stand in an unintended location between the first and second point
- Fixed a bug that caused Sombra’s translocator to float when thrown in certain spots
- Fixed a bug that could cause players can get stuck between the scooter and wall
- Fixed a bug that could cause players to get stuck on some bushes
- The capture area for the first capture point no longer extends outside of the visual capture boundary
- Fixed a bug that could cause players to get stuck between a wall, plant, and tree
- Fixed a bug that prevented Moira’s Fade icon from appearing disabled when she is stunned
- Fixed a bug where an already frozen enemy getting hit by Blizzard would cause the frozen visual effect to end too early
- Fixed a bug where the Pulse Bomb’s “Stuck” message would sometimes appear on the wrong target
- Fixed an issue preventing Big Message and Small Message from displaying messages in Practice Range
Overwatch Update Patch Notes June 2
On June 2, 2020, Blizzard released a new Overwatch update.
This means that a new update is available on Windows PC, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One for all Overwatch retailers.
The key to the update is to nourish Echo’s Focusing Beam. Likewise, both Genji and Hanzo were buffed. Moira became buffed and tense with main and secondary fire shifts.
Full patch notes can be found below for today’s latest update to the game.
HERO CHANGES (ONLY IN EXPERIMENTAL)
- Range reduced from 20m to 16m
- General: Damage increased from 28 to 30
- Secondary Fire: Spread reduced from 12 to 9
- Duration increased from 1.5 to 2 seconds
- Deflect can now be cancelled manually
OVERWATCH UPDATE JUNE 2 – PATCH NOTES
- Damage increased from 60 to 70
- Primary Fire: Healing per second increased from 65 to 70
- Secondary Fire: Damage per second reduced from 50 to 40
- [PC-Only] Fixed a stability issue for users with Nvidia SLI or AMD Crossfire configurations
- Fixed a Custom Game loading issue for Mei’s Snowball Offensive game mode
- Fixed an issue with the Anniversary loot box screen camera focusing on the Anniversary lobby background resulting in loot box content confusion
- Fixed a bug with the Little Red Ashe skin animating incorrectly when canceling out of the Take a Knee emote
- Fixed a bug with Baptiste’s Immortality Field disc displaying too large during his highlight intro preview pose
- Fixed a bug where the kill feed could display an Echo clone’s death without it actually being destroyed
- Fixed a bug where Orisa’s Halt! ability would leave a fire effect on the ground if using the Demon skin