Good Morning Britain host Piers Morgan, 55, has slammed Victoria Beckham, 46, after it was revealed a “proportion of staff” at her fashion business have been put on the Government’s furlough scheme.
A representative for Victoria confirmed to Express.co.uk that the business had made the decision to protect their staff.
They said: “We are working hard to ensure our much-valued VB team are protected during this unsettled time by keeping our business healthy.
“Having carefully assessed all our options, we have made the decision to furlough a proportion of staff on an enhanced package.”
Piers took to Twitter to slam the decision in view of his seven million followers.
READ MORE: Victoria Beckham at centre of backlash as she furloughs workers
The presenter shared a video of Victoria and her husband David Beckham praising healthcare workers amid the coronavirus pandemic.
He captioned his post: “Sorry, but this makes me puke.
“If you care this much about the NHS, @victoriabeckham – then why are you taking taxpayer money the NHS desperately needs – and you DON’T need – to furlough your staff & prop up your failing business?”
He also shared a screen grab about the story from a newspaper, with the caption: “SERIOUSLY????!” alongside a series of angry face emojis.
The former Spice Girl is understood to be paying the remaining 20 per cent to her workers, although she is not obliged to do so.
According to the Daily Mail online, Victoria’s staff will be furloughed for “two months so far”.
A source has also told The Sun on Sunday: “Like many, Victoria has reluctantly had to furlough staff members.
“It wasn’t a decision she took lightly but, for the long-term stability and profitability of the company, it had to be done.
“She has been personally keeping all her team involved with emails the whole way through, and has put all of the staff involved on enhanced furlough packages.