Predator Hunting Grounds has been given a big new update on PlayStation 4.
Predator update 2.0 introduces cross-play multiplayer, and also makes a whole host of quality of life improvements.
“On August 28th, we will be dropping our 2.0 Patch,” reads an IllFonic post. “What does this mean? Well a few things: the game will have some quality of life bug fixes and the highly-requested crossplay with friends will be available.
“While we had hoped this would be in at launch, we are thrilled to make it happen now. In addition, like every free update there are some great in-game items coming too.
“The Classic Combistick and Wrist Launcher from the City Hunter content is now unlockable to everyone; there is a large Fireteam Supply Drop including the OWLF Assault Rifle, the Anti-Cloaking Grenade, UAV Scanner, and the Self Revive Syrette; and a Field Locker Update with 3 new Predator Masks, a new Fireteam Ballistic Mask, and other new tints and shaders.”
According to the patch notes, the update also adds a Last Man Standing state, as well as a tips and tricks function and lots of weapons balancing.
The update launches alongside a free weekend and discount deal, which runs until Sunday evening (August 30).
Not only can you play the game for free for the duration of the weekend, but you can also purchase it at a discounted price should you wish to continue playing.
As a reminder, the Dutch ’87 DLC Pack launches as a paid download on September 1.
Predator Hunting Grounds update 2.0 patch notes…
• Implemented PlayGo to allow playing of the tutorial while downloading the rest of the game
• Perks and Gear that cannot be equipped due to weight/point limits are now greyed out
• Added the option to report a player during the After Action Report
• Added tips and tricks to loading screens
• Fixed an issue where certain destructible objects were not showing properly
• Fixed an issue where the minimap would not accurately display the correct self destruction radius and mission search area location
• Fixed some issues with minimap icon sizes
• Fixed an issue where the minimap may not accurately display the correct location of the player
• Fixed an issue where mission icons would not display on the minimap when out of range
• Fixed some highlight color inconsistencies in the customization menu
• Fixed an issue where the main menu would sometimes become stuck partially transparent
• Fixed a rare issue with matchmaking when connecting to a server
• Various crash fixes and stability improvements
Fireteam – General
• [NEW] Last Man Standing
– Now, the last Fireteam player will enter a Last Man Standing state, which will buff the player’s stats and give them more of a fighting chance. This will last as long as they are the last standing player. While affected by Last Man Standing, the last Fireteam player will also have increased body heat visibility to the Predator player.
• Increased Fireteam damage taken from AI
• The spotting icon’s color is now based on the player’s callsign colors
• Remote interactions now show progress properly
• Spotting icons now clear when the spotted item is depleted
• Lowered damage reduction from equipping a pistol Suppressor
• Fixed an issue where the Fireteam run animation was not playing properly while holding a Medical Kit
• Fixed an issue where different Fireteam classes were receiving slightly different amounts of damage from different damage sources
Predator – General
• Made improvements to prevent Predkour transition volumes from blocking projectiles
• Fixed an issue that caused the Predator to automatically claim downed enemies
• Fixed an issue that caused some loadouts to load in with two Plasma Casters
• Fixed an issue where the Predator’s weapon would sometimes appear invisible or not fully equipped to clients
• Fixed an issue where the Predator’s footsteps may sometimes not play if they are behind the player
• Fixed an issue that limited the City Hunter to just the roar option on the mimicry wheel.
• Updated City Hunter roar and healing roar sound effects.
– Fixed weapon shaders for the City Hunter Combistick Variant
– Fixed an issue where the City Hunter Wrist Blades were not showing properly during long claim cinematics
– Fixed an issue where if the City Hunter Smart Disc was stuck in an object, the player would become stuck in ADS mode
– Fixed an issue where the Smart Disc was not showing up on the City Hunter’s holster
– Lowered headshot damage
– Increased damage of final melee swing
Hand Held Plasma Caster
– Reduced fire rate
– Increased recoil
– Adjusted camera shake
– Increased recoil
– Adjusted camera shake