Rogue Company fans can finally download the delayed August update on PS4, Xbox One, PC and Nintendo Switch.
Unfortunately, however, fans are currently unable to play the game, because Rogue Company is offline for server maintenance.
The server downtime started at 12pm UK time, and is expected to run until around 4pm BST.
The news was announced by First Watch Games on Twitter: “The servers will come offline at 7:00 AM (11:00 UTC) for maintenance to introduce the Vice update on every platform.
“Downtime is anticipated to be approximately 4 hours. This update has a ton of exciting changes.”
The headline new feature is the Vice map, which is set in the streets of Miami.
“The streets of Miami are illuminated and electrifying sounds of nightlife echo through the night,” reads a new post by developer First Watch Games.
“The Zero Drop Rave is the place to be, but a menacing danger looms over the EDM music and laser lights. Rogue Company has been called in to save the party and the day on this new map called Vice.”
As you can see from the patch notes below, the update also introduces the Deserter penalty, which punishes players who leave the game early.
• Mean to select a different Perk? No problem! Players now have the option to use the Undo Purchase feature in the Item Shop!
• New Gyro control options are now available
• New KBM Keybinding support for Left handed players.
• New visual options are available to provide support for Colorblindness.
• Even elite Rogue’s need practice and what better place to do this than a shooting range? Try various weapons, abilities and rogues to prepare yourself for your next mission.
– Bleedout Rate increased from 9 seconds to 12 seconds.
– Slightly reduced the radius at which enemies influence spawns.
– Slightly increased the radius at which friendlies influence spawns.
Deserter/AFK Penalty System…
In order to provide a more fair experience for players, Vice Update will implement a new system to discourage leaving matches early and going AFK. Please note specific penalties could change based on data and feedback.
To be eligible for a deserter penalty a player must fall within one of the following categories:
• Left Match Early – A player who leaves a full party (not through disconnection)
• AFK – A player who has met our inactivity criteria (hasn’t taken a valid action) for approximately 2 minutes.
• Disconnected – A player who has disconnected for at least 5 minutes before the match ends.
Upon meeting one of these criteria a player will be unable to queue for a match for a period of time based on the number of offenses. Players will see a timer denoting how long until they are able to queue again.
– 1st offense = 5 minutes
– 2nd offense = 15 minutes
– 3rd offense = 30 minutes
– 4th offense = 3 hours
– This map contains new visual features and is available in Practice Extraction, Strikeout and Demolition.
– Adjusted spawn locations.
• High Castle
– Re-propped the top of the stairs.
– Removed stairs on wizard tower and replaced with a mantle up spot.
– Removed the shelving units from the garage.
– Fixed an issue where Anvil’s barricade would recharge in Demolition.
– Target Finder ability now has a different icon.
– Now has Cloaked instead of Evade.
– Reduced ability duration from 15s to 10s.
– Increased the maximum health gain per tick from Leeching Poison from 1 to 2.
– Radius increased from 7m to 8m.
• Incendiary Grenade
– Slightly increased the radius the grenade will spread
• Semtex Grenade
– Level 1 Upgrade: Increased throw speed and increase stuck damage to 250.
• Smoke Grenade
– Increased the speed at which smoke appears.