Sea of Thieves patch notes for Xbox One
The latest Sea of Thieves update in April is a big one, bringing with it a large content expansion on Xbox One and PC. Much of this new expansion is based around Trade but there are also other changes being made across platforms. When the game comes back online, fans will be able to visit the brand new Reaper’s Bones PvP Trading Company.
Ships of Fortune also adds cats to the game, as well as crew reviving, an improved Arena and lots more. Cat breeds include the scruffy Wildcat, fluffy Ragamuffin and slinky Mau. Each breed comes in different colours, and with different costumes. And the full patch notes for today’s big Sea of Thieves update has now been shared by Rare and Microsoft.
Anyone looking for the full details regarding today’s launch can find the full list of patch notes posted below:
SEA OF THIEVES PATCH NOTES
THE REAPER’S BONES
Construction at The Reaper’s Hideout is now complete and serves as home to a new Trading Company: The Reaper’s Bones. Standing for ‘true piracy’, the Reapers are willing to promote any pirate who fearlessly battles their way to The Reaper’s Hideout to cash in loot and prove themselves worthy.
THE REAPER’S BONES – RELEASE NOTES
- Trading Company Treasure – Reapers accept any form of loot, including chests, skulls and cargo, and will only accept treasure handed in at The Reaper’s Hideout.
- Company Progression – Reaper’s Bones progress will be shown in the Reputation menu, alongside new Commendations related to this Trading Company.
- Reaper’s Bones Rewards – Players can earn new Titles through progressing in The Reaper’s Bones Trading Company, as well as new ship cosmetics that can be equipped at The Reaper’s Hideout docks.
- Reaper’s Hideout Resources – Boxes of cannonballs and ammo can now be found dotted around The Reaper’s Hideout.
TRADING COMPANY EMISSARIES
Trade routes are quiet as fear rules the waves, and the Outpost Trading Companies are starting to feel the pinch. Their solution? Establish an Emissary service, encouraging bold pirates to represent them in the face of danger, and reward them handsomely for their duty! Find out more in our Emissaries video guide.
EMISSARIES – RELEASE NOTES
- Becoming an Emissary (Outpost Trading Companies) – Players can become an Emissary for the Gold Hoarders, Order of Souls and Merchant Alliance after hitting rank 15 and purchasing that Company’s Emissary Flag.
- Becoming an Emissary (Athena’s Fortune) – Athena’s Fortune offers an Emissary Flag to any player who holds the title of Pirate Legend, regardless of Athena’s Fortune rank.
- Becoming an Emissary (The Reaper’s Bones) – The Reaper’s Bones do not require players to hit a certain rank before being able to purchase an Emissary Flag and represent them on the seas.
- Emissary Voting Table – Each Trading Company representative stands by a new voting table where crews can vote on their Emissary adventures. These also display how many other Emissary ships are currently out on the seas.
- Reaper’s Shrines – Reaper’s Shrines can be found hidden on Outposts and act as an additional voting table for The Reaper’s Bones Emissaries.
- Emissary Grade – Emissaries will start at Grade 1 in each Trading Company and can boost this to a maximum of Grade 5 through various actions that support that Company – such as discovering treasure, stealing from others or even defeating emergent threats such as Skeleton Ships or Forts.
- Grade Multipliers – Emissaries will receive reward multipliers of increasing size as they hand treasure back to their Trading Company of choice and increase their Emissary Grade.
- Bonus Rewards – Emissaries can vote at their Company representative’s voting table to have their Emissary Flag taken down and cashed in for a final bonus reward. The amount is dependent on Emissary Grade at the time of lowering the Flag.
- Emissary Quests – Emissaries who reach Grade 5 with the Gold Hoarders, Order of Souls, Merchant Alliance or Athena’s Fortune will receive an exclusive high-reward Emissary Quest from Trading Company representatives or the Mysterious Stranger at Outposts.
- The Reaper’s Bones Emissary Progression – Reaper’s Bones Emissaries can earn Grade progression by defeating other players and crews, although repeat kills on the same players and crews have diminishing returns. Emissaries for the other Trading Companies can also earn Grade progression by defeating The Reaper’s Bones Emissaries.
- The Reaper’s Bones Grade 5 – Emissaries who reach Grade 5 in The Reaper’s Bones will unlock the ability to locate Emissary crews of all Grades on their own ship’s map.
- Cashing In Emissary Flags – Emissary Flags from sunken rival Emissary ships can be cashed in with Trading Company representatives. The Reaper’s Bones Emissaries can return these to The Reaper’s Hideout for especially high rewards.
- Emissary Costumes – Players will earn access to their respective Trading Company’s costume after purchasing an Emissary Flag.
- Expanded Trading Company Ranks – Players are now able to continue progressing through the Gold Hoarders, Order of Souls and Merchant Alliance up to rank 75. Additionally, the Athena’s Fortune cap has been raised to rank 20. Note that rank 50 in any three of the Trading Companies is still the requirement for attaining Pirate Legend status.
- Expanded Trading Company Commendations and Rewards – Players can now earn additional Commendations and Titles alongside the new rank caps. Additionally, further progression through Gold Hoarders, Order of Souls and Merchant Alliance ranks can reward players with Company ship cosmetics.
- Expanded Athena’s Fortune Cosmetic Rewards – Pirate Legends can now earn Ghost equipment and weapons, as well as an Athena’s Fortune Company costume.
- Emissary Ledgers – Players can now find a new Emissary Ledger tab in the Reputation menu which tracks the contributions and standing of each Trading Company’s Emissaries, based on their Emissary Value. Ledgers will reset monthly, and progressing through their Tiers can earn players exclusive Titles and cosmetics.
- Trading Company Achievements – New Xbox achievements can be unlocked by progressing through the extended Trading Company promotions and representing them as an Emissary. A total of 200 new gamerscore is available to earn, and these achievements will remain in the game indefinitely.
With Captain Flameheart threatening revenge and The Reaper’s Bones rocking the boat, the Sea Dogs have reacted in the only way they know how – by making their own Arena contests even more fast and frantic!
THE ARENA – RELEASE NOTES
- Glorious Sea Dog Chests – Treasure maps have been removed and crews will now be fighting over a single chest, visible for all to see via a beacon of light.
- Contest Map Size – All contest locations have been updated, with reduced sailing distances and only a single cash-in location.
- Contest Duration – Arena contests have now been reduced from 24 minutes to 15 minutes.
- Increased Silver – Crews can earn increased silver by damaging an opponent’s ship.
- Penalty for Quitting – Players who quit contests too often will now be temporarily suspended from playing in The Arena. While inside The Arena, receiving an invite to a different session will now warn players that this will also count as a quit contest.
Achievement and Commendation Rebalancing – The Fortune & Glory achievement and the Seeker of Silvered Loot, Keeper of Silvered Loot and Treacherous Sea Dog Commendations have all been rebalanced in line with the improved Arena experience.
As Trading Company Emissaries sail out to defend against the menace of the Reapers, why not take a breather, drop by the Pirate Emporium and browse its new selection of fluffy feline friends?
PIRATE EMPORIUM – RELEASE NOTES
- Cats! – Head to the Emporium to purchase a furry new friend of your own, with three breeds to choose from in a wide range of colours.
- Cat Hangouts – Cats will strut around your ship and look for places to take a nap. You can even place your cat at a range of hangout spots set up around the ship!
- Cat Outfits – The Sovereign Outfit is available for all cat breeds, and Pirate Legends can also purchase a Legendary Outfit for their new friend.
- Cat’s Meow Bundle – Own one of each of the three cat breeds and all three Sovereign Outfits in one adorable bundle!
- The Cat’s Meow Bundle is time-limited for the duration of the Ships of Fortune update.
- Wildcat Sovereign Discount Bundle – For this month only, you can pick up a discounted bundle including a Wildcat and Sovereign Outfit!
- The Wildcat Sovereign Bundle is time-limited for the duration of the Ships of Fortune update.
- Night Wulf Ship Collection – A fearsome new Sabre Wulf-inspired ship collection slinks into the Emporium. A Night Wulf Ship Bundle is also on offer which includes all the regular Night Wulf ship cosmetics at a wild discount!
- Free Giveaway Emote – The Palm Tree Wave Emote is now a free time-limited item!
- The Palm Tree Wave Emote is time-limited for the duration of the Ships of Fortune update.
- Crab Dance Emote Bundle – It began with a simple, innocent little dab… but now you can get crabby in four new ways!
- Tools of the Trade Emotes – The Emporium now offers a range of emotes using your equipped item cosmetics. Looking to show off your Spyglass skills or Sing Like Nobody’s Listening?
- Cats Out of the Bag Bundle (Store Only) – Available only from the Xbox and Microsoft Stores. This bundle includes the Cat’s Meow Bundle, which gives you one of each new cat type and Sovereign Outfits for each, 1000 Ancient Coins and a free 25,000 gold bonus for use in the Outpost shops! Head to the Store to find out more.
While the Trading Companies ramp up their recruiting efforts and keep a wary eye on the Reapers, Duke is happy to take a load off share a grog or five in the tavern. Fear not, he continues to stock the Black Market with new items for your hard-earned coin!
BLACK MARKET – RELEASE NOTES
- Fearless Bone Crusher Clothing – This month, dress yourself as a Fearless Bone Crusher before heading out onto the seas. Players can spend their Doubloons on the Fearless Bone Crusher Eyepatch, Hook, Pegleg, Trousers, Gloves, Belt and Boots!
- Inky Kraken Clothing – Players with gold to spare can use it to purchase the Inky Kraken Hat, Jacket and Dress!
- Inky Kraken Weapons – Players can also exchange their gold for the Inky Kraken Blunderbuss, Cutlass, Eye of Reach and Flintlock.