Boris Johnson’s senior adviser Dominic Cummings, 48, has sparked uproar for taking two trips during lockdown; one to his parents house in Durham and another to “test his eyesight” after developing coronavirus symptoms.
Family first ALWAYS. Regardless.
Coronation Street star Simon Gregson, 45, shared a series of tweets about the chief adviser’s speech as he addressed his actions from Downing Street yesterday.
In view of his 246,000 followers, he wrote: “This discussion gives me the s**ts. Family first ALWAYS. Regardless.
“People have crawled through s**t, gun fire, climbing over dead friends to be with. Put your b******t away d**ked’s, coz you’d do the same.
“Plus back off press – 2 mtrs k**b sucks.”(sic)
The latter part of the actor’s tweet was referring to press and reporters, who have been seen outside Dominic’s home during the uproar.
Simon Gregson: Corrie star sparked outrage about his Dominic Cummings views on Twitter
Simon Gregson: Corrie star tweeted about Dominic Cummings’ speech, which sparked uproar
The Steve McDonald star later toned down his views after receiving comments from his fans.
He wrote: “Ok I take it back to understand that we could all ways do that. So I hold my hands up and say. BD choice of words.
“But. Wouldn’t you? Fine line people. Let’s not be told but imagine.”(sic)
Many Twitter users flocked to his page to hit back at his views.
Simon Gregson: Corrie star removed his tweets from his official page
Boris Johnson’s chief adviser Dominic Cummings was slammed for travelling during lockdown
One person wrote: “You are as thick in real life as you are on the telly!!”(sic)
A second commented: “This is so insulting to anyone who lost family to covid. To people who have missed funerals to all those NHS staff you clap for. Get a grip honestly.”
“Omg as a nurse who has worked through this pandemic I’ve not seen any of my family I am appalled at your words,”(sic) a third penned.
“I am shocked! I’ve seen people die with no-one by their side because their family have stuck to the rules, people unable to attend loved ones funerals! Unbelievable!”(sic)
Simon’s tweets have since been removed from his official Twitter page.
Sean Fletcher wife: How Sean and wife Luned hid son’s condition – ‘Made excuses’ [FAMILY LIFE]
The actor addressed his controversial tweets yesterday, telling fans he was drunk at the time.
He wrote: “Well sober me has no idea what drunk me was going on about. Time to maybe step away from the phone.”
Yesterday, Dominic defended his actions from Downing Street.
He admitted he did drive to the market town of Barnard Castle on Sunday April 12 to “test his eyesight” after developing coronavirus symptoms.
He added that he made the journey to his parents’ home because of fears over childcare for his young son when his wife Mary also developed coronavirus symptoms.
While many outraged citizens have called for the senior adviser to be sacked, Boris Johnson has claimed his senior adviser acted “responsibly, legally and with integrity”.
Elsewhere, Simon told fans he had coronavirus last month, despite not being tested.
He tweeted: “1st day out of bed today starting to feel a little better after contracting the virus.
“My main symptom was gastric and still is b****y awful but lucky to not have respiratory. Stay safe everyone x.”
He followed up his post, writing: “1.506.936 cases of covid 19 confirmed I’m pretty sure doctors around the world are pretty up to speed on the symptoms of the virus for anyone unsure if your doctors right or wrong.”
The actor was then asked if he had been tested for the disease, to which he replied: “No test available was diagnosed via symptoms.”