BAFTA-winning Gavin and Stacey actress Sheridan Smith has revealed that with “great sadness” she has called time on her three-year relationship. The star had been engaged to Jamie Horn, who she met on the popular dating app, Tinder.
Sheridan, 40, last year welcomed her first child, a son, Billy, with former insurance broker Jamie, 31.
However, the former couple, who became engaged to be married just three months after first meeting, have now revealed that they have decided to spend time apart.
In recent months, Sheridan and Jamie have opted to keep a low profile, with the actress-turned-singer rarely sharing snaps of the pair to her social media.
Now, Sheridan has confirmed their devastating split, but insists the pair will continue to raise their son together.
Vim Maru, retail director for Lloyds Banking Group, said: “We’ve also seen our digital banking customers grow by over four million in five years, to almost 18 million, of which 13.6 million also choose to be active app users.
“This means that, like many businesses on the high street, we must change for a future where branches will be used in a different way, and visited less often.
“We’ll continue to invest in our high street presence, as this week we’re opening a new concept Bank of Scotland branch in Edinburgh, the only bank to take up residence in the new St James Quarter.
“Importantly, we’ll continue to give our customers a choice in how they bank, with branches sitting alongside telephone banking, online and mobile banking, our video appointment services, our cashback through local shops programme, our participation in the industry BankHUB cash initiative and 11,500 post offices, at which our customers can bank and access cash.”
At the start of this week German composers 2WEI, whose music has featured on trailers for numerous movies like Wonder Woman, took to Twitter to reveal game trailers will be dropping this week with their music.
The German duo tweeted: “Happy Monday! Two new game trailers with our music coming this week.”
And this tweet caught the attention of Battlefield fans – as the leaked BF6 trailer audio that has been doing the rounds on the internet features one of 2WEI’s songs – Run Baby Run.
Replying to the tweet from 2WEI one tweeter posted: “Is it, maybe, a new Battlefield game?”
While another wrote: “Oh boy it’s finally happening!!!”
Liverpool have announced pre-tax losses of £46million for the financial year ending on May 31, 2020.
The Reds also revealed their overall revenue for the period stood at £490m – down £43m on the previous year.
Understandably the club’s matchday revenue took a hit of £13m due to having four home matches take place without the presence of fans, due to the outbreak of the coronavirus pandemic.
Media revenue also fell by £59m with a club statement attributing the drop to the Premier League season finishing later than had been expected in July, which fell outside of the financial year.
One positive was a boost in commercial income to the tune of £29m, taking their total amount for that sector to £217m.
Liverpool also retained long-term partnerships with the likes of Nivea and Carlsberg, while forging eight new ones, including with Cadbury and Iugis.
Andy Hughes, LFC’s managing director, told the club’s official website : “This financial reporting period was up to May 2020, so approaching a year ago now. It does, however, begin to demonstrate the initial financial impact of the pandemic and the significant reductions in key revenue streams.
“We were in a solid financial position prior to the pandemic and since this reporting period we have continued to manage our costs effectively and navigate our way through such an unprecedented period.”
Hughes praised the club’s work in helping the local community during the pandemic, as well as recently offering the use of Anfield as a “mass testing centre and now a vaccination hub”.
He added: “We can now look ahead to the conclusion of this season and hopefully a more normal start to next season. It’s no secret that supporters have been greatly missed at Anfield over the past year and we look forward to having them back.”
The announcement comes just a week after Liverpool’s owners Fenway Sports Group (FSG) confirmed plans to join a breakaway European Super League, before performing a U-turn just 48 hours later following a backlash from fans.
It is reported the move would have pocketed the club a share of £3.5billion split between the 15 founding members of the division.
Despite a difficult season in terms of on-field performance, Liverpool continue to make great strides away from the pitch.
Their social media following has grown by 22m new followers – a gain of 32% – and they have an impressive presence on YouTube.
In addition, the club have expanded the retail arm of the business, adding new stores in parts of Asia, while their Premier League-winning home kit achieved record sales.
Since then they have swapped kit manufacturers New Balance for sportswear giants Nike in a move which the owners feel will prove more lucrative in the long run.
FSG also announced a deal last month with investment firm RedBird Capital who have acquired a 10% stake in their business in exchange for $ 735m – a development which sees NBA basketball star Lebron James increase his own share in the company and become part of the ownership group.
It is hoped the deal will help ease the financial pressures resulting from the coronavirus and also provide funds for the club to press forward with their proposed upgrade of the Anfield Road stand, as well as to invest in transfers this summer.
Liverpool kept their spending to a minimum in the last transfer window despite recruiting three new players; structuring deals for Diogo Jota and Thiago Alcantara so there was a minimal initial outlay, while offsetting the cost of signing Kostas Tsimikas with the sale of Dejan Lovren.
Manchester United icon Ryan Giggs – the current manager of the Welsh national team – has been charged with assaulting two women in an incident stemming from November 2020.
Giggs, 47, stands accused of causing actual bodily harm to a woman in her 30s and of the common assault of a woman in her 20s.
In addition, Giggs has been charged with coercive or controlling behavior between December 2017 and November 2020.
“The CPS [Crown Prosecution Service] made the decision to charge Mr Giggs after reviewing a file of evidence from Greater Manchester Police,” a statement said.
Giggs has been bailed to appear at Manchester and Salford Magistrates’ Court on April 28.
The former footballer was forced onto gardening leave as Wales manager last November after allegations he had assaulted his girlfriend, Kate Greville.
Giggs was arrested and later bailed following reports of a disturbance at his mansion in Worsley, Greater Manchester, although he has denied the claims.
After the new emerged on Friday that Giggs had been charged, the Welsh FA confirmed that he would not be leading the team at this summer’s European Championships – where they have been drawn in a group with Turkey, Italy and Switzerland.
“The FAW can confirm that Robert Page will assume the role of Cymru Men’s National Team manager for this summer’s EURO 2020 tournament and will be assisted by Albert Stuivenberg,” a statement read.
In a statement of his own, Giggs vowed to clear his name.
“I have full respect for the due process of law and understand the seriousness of the allegations,” he said.
“I will plead not guilty in court and look forward to clearing my name.
“I would like to wish Robert Page, the coaching staff, the players and the supporters every success at the Euros this summer.”
Former Manchester United star Giggs is the Old Trafford club’s all-time record appearance-holder, having played 963 games in a glittering career between 1991 and 2014.
He won a record haul of 13 Premier League titles as well as two Champions League titles.
Giggs was capped 64 times for Wales as a player and took over as national team manager in 2018.
Alongside his success on the pitch, Giggs has frequently made the headlines for his turbulent private life. He divorced from wife Stacey back in 2016 after claims of repeated infidelity, including with his brother Rhodri’s wife, Natasha.
Giggs was also outed as having had an affair with former Big Brother contestant Imogen Thomas.
The former Man Utd star had spent £150,000 on a High Court injunction in a bid to keep the news from leaking out, before an MP used parliamentary privilege to name and shame him.
Giggs was first linked to PR executive Greville in 2015, and the pair went public in 2018. Greville worked at Giggs’ Hotel Football in Manchester, the venture he owns with former teammates Gary and Phil Neville, Paul Scholes and Nicky Butt.
Author Billy Gates
This post originally appeared on KXAN Austin
AUSTIN (KXAN) — Sen. John Cornyn (R-Texas), along with Texas Reps. Henry Cuellar (D-28) and Tony Gonzales (R-23), will hold a press conference at 11 a.m. Thursday to introduce bipartisan legislation “to respond to the surge in migrants coming across our southern border.”
According to a press release from Cornyn’s office, the bill will “improve both the capacity to manage migration surges and adjudicate asylum claims in a timely manner, protect unaccompanied migrant children, reduce impact on local communities, ensure migrants are treated fairly and humanely, and ultimately deter those who do not have realistic asylum claims from placing themselves in danger by making the treacherous journey to our southern border.”
We will stream the press conference, held via Zoom, in this story and on Facebook.
“We have realized we are better as friends and look forward to remaining so,” ‘J-Rod’ said in the statement. “We will continue to work together and support each other on our shared businesses and projects. We wish the best for each other and one another’s children. Out of respect for them, the only other comment we have to say is thank you to everyone who has sent kind words and support.”
About 4.5 million tickets have been sold to Japan residents. Perhaps another 1 million have been sold abroad.
TOKYO, Japan — Tokyo organizers and the International Olympic Committee are poised to finally make it official that most fans from abroad will be prohibited from attending the postponed Olympics when they open in four months.
The announcement is expected to come after “five-party” talks on Saturday with the IOC, local organizers, the Japanese government, the Tokyo metropolitan government and the International Paralympic Committee.
“People are waiting eagerly for an early decision so they can move to the next step,” Seiko Hashimoto, the president of the organizing committee, said Friday in a news briefing. “We need to be able to make the decision soon.”
Despite some calls to delay it, Hashimoto has promised a decision before the torch relay opens on Thursday from the northeastern prefecture of Fukushima.
Hashimoto said all five parties will have to agree on the decision. But she said two have more influence than others: the IOC and the Japanese national government.
“All decisions will be made by the IOC in the end,” Hashimoto said. “When it comes to immigration, this is a matter for the national government at the border.”
RELATED: Tokyo Olympic torch relay: Masks, quiet cheering and caution
RELATED: IOC members worry about banning foreign fans from Olympics
About 4.5 million tickets have been sold to Japan residents. Perhaps another 1 million have been sold abroad. Before the postponement a year ago, organizers said a total of 7.8 million tickets would be be available for the Tokyo Games.
Toshiro Muto, the CEO of the Tokyo organizing committee, has said ticket holders from abroad would receive refunds. However, those decisions will be made on the ground by Authorized Ticket Resellers that are appointed by national Olympic committees and handle sales outside of the host nation.
The local organizing committee budget is sure to take a hit. Its budget projected income of $ 800 million from ticket sales, the third-largest source of revenue. Any shortfall will have to be made up by Japanese government entities.
John Coates, the IOC member who oversees preparations for Tokyo, said earlier this month there would probably be exemptions for some fans from abroad.
“We are looking at the other implications of accommodation, looking at implications for national Olympic committees who have sponsors who might have bought tickets. The same with international federations,” Coates said.
There is widespread skepticism in Japan about holding the Olympics, and particularly about admitting fans from abroad. Japan has attributed about 8,700 deaths to COVID-19 and has handled the virus better than most countries.
The torch relay will present a stern test with 10,000 runners crisscrossing Japan to reach the opening ceremony on July 23. Organizers are asking crowds to stay away, discouraging cheering, and are reserving the right to stop or reroute the relay.
The Olympics and Paralympics will involve 15,400 athletes from more than 200 nations, most operating inside a ‘bubble” linking venues, training facilities, and the Olympic Village on Tokyo Bay.
Many may arrive with vaccinations, but the IOC is not requiring this as condition of competing.
Ten of thousands of others will also arrive and be operating outside the bubble: officials, judges, sponsors, media, VIPs and broadcasters.
SAN DIEGO COUNTY, Calif. — The San Diego Padres announced Wednesday that the team made 25 roster moves, trimming their spring training Major League camp roster to 52 players.
The club optioned Mason Thompson to Triple-A El Paso and Jordan Humphreys and Reggie Lawson to Double-A San Antonio.
The following players have been assigned to minor league camp:
Following Wednesday’s moves, the Padres have 31 pitchers (22 right-handers, nine left-handers), four catchers, 12 infielders and five outfielders remaining in camp. 37 players from the 40-man roster remain, along with 15 non-roster invitees.
All players will continue workouts at the Spring Training facility in Peoria, Arizona.
WATCH: Why the expectations for this season’s Padres team are so high
Dick Strawbridge, 61, has shared on Twitter that he and his wife of five years Angel Strawbridge, 42, will be taking their Dare To Do It Tour on the road again in 2022, once all coronavirus restrictions have finally been lifted. The Escape To The Chateau star said he is “so excited” to be able to interact with members of the public on the upcoming tour with his spouse, after being forced to postpone dates last year, as the coronavirus pandemic caused theatres to close due to a national lockdown.
Dick re-shared a post from the Escape To The Chateau Twitter account which read: “We have news! We’re so excited to announce that Dick and Angel’s ‘Dare To Do It Tour’ is finally back!
“And YOU are the first to be able to buy tickets…from TODAY!”
Alongside the tweet, Dick added in view of his 78,5000 followers: “We’re planning ahead… 2022 we’ll be back on the road again, hope to see some of you!
“Official nationwide sales are next week, but those who follow us are getting a bit of a head start.”
READ MORE:Piers Morgan fumes at Alex Beresford for defending Harry and Meghan
The Dare To Do It tour will take place in 2022 from the beginning of February till the end of March.
It will visit most major UK cities including Birmingham, Manchester and London.
During the exciting event, Dick and Angel will explain to audiences how they dared to follow their dreams of moving to a run-down chateau in France.
The pair first lived together in the UK, before going on to find fame on their programme Escape To The Chateau with their two young children Arthur and Dorothy.
The star divulged her life is now like a “fairytale” in France, and she would like others to also be inspired to potentially relocate abroad.
However, Angel admitted it is very important in a relationship to work as a team, and it requires “working long hours” in the pursuit of realising your dreams.
Dick and Angel purchased their 18th-century chateau in 2015, and have been renovating it as part of their show ever since.
The castle which is based in Pays de la Loire, near Nantes, and has an enormous 45 rooms for their young family to enjoy.
Fans of the show are also able to stay at the chateau through short-rentals, and can even have an “elegant vintage” style wedding on the grounds.
Speaking on This Morning, Angel said they spend the proceeds from each booking wisely, saying: “Each wedding we got booked in we allocated it to a sink or a bathroom.”
For those who can not make it to France, Angel has recently launched a special range of affordable Escape To The Chateau style cutlery in partnership with Sainsbury’s.
The vintage afternoon tea collection comes in pastel shades of blue, teal and mustard, making it the perfect gift for Mother’s Day this year.