Tag Archives: brands

Gary Neville brands Boris a ‘liar’ as Prime Minister faces questions amid racism row

Gary Neville sends a cheeky message to Boris Johnson

At a press conference today, the Prime Minister was asked whether he and his ministers had stoked up division in the country in relation to their views on football players taking the knee. Sky News’s Beth Rigby asked the Prime Minister today: “For many people your own record undermines your image as a unifying Prime Minister. “What are you going to do to change that?”

In response, the Prime Minister rejected any allegations he had stoked division in the UK.

Commenting on social media, Gary Neville said: “Liar.”

During his press conference in Coventry today, the Prime Minister was pressed on his stance on those fans who booed England players taking the knee.

The Prime Minister insisted he always disagreed with those who booed the players.

Gary Neville

Gary Neville issued a one-word response against the PM (Image: GETTY)

Gary Neville

Gary Neville: Mr Johnson faced questions today (Image: GETTY)

He also admitted there is “still a long way to go” in ending racism in the UK.

Last month, England players took the knee against Romania and were met with boos by certain sections of the crowd in Middlesbrough.

Asked to comment on the matter, his spokesman claimed Mr johnson respects the rights of those who want to protest peacefully.

They added: “On taking the knee, specifically, the Prime Minister is more focused on action rather than gestures.

JUST IN: Fury as Campbell sides with Ardern in row over mega trade group

Gary Neville

Gary Neville called the PM a “liar” (Image: Twitter )

“We have taken action with things like the Commission on Racial and Ethnic Disparities and that’s what he’s focused on delivering.”

After the Euro 2020 final, three England players were racially abused across social media platforms.

Marcus Rashford, Bukayo Saka and Jadon Sancho all received vile attacks on social media following England’s loss to Italy on Sunday night.

Following the abuse the three players received, the Government has claimed it will take further action to force social media platforms to remove hate and racist abuse online.

DON’T MISS
Bukayo Saka calls out social media companies over racial abuse [Latest]
Sadiq Khan savaged after Wembley Euro security ‘ballsed up’ [Update]
Four arrested after Rashford, Saka and Sancho racially abused [Report]

Gary Neville

Gary Neville: The players were booed last month (Image: GETTY)

Gary Neville

Gary Neville: Fans gather to lay cards and flags at Rashford’s mural (Image: GETTY)

The Prime Minister met with representatives from the social media giants to encourage them to do more to tackle hate online.

Under the Online Harms Bill, Ofcom will be in charge of enforcement and could issue fines of up to £18million or 10 percent of annual global turnover if social media firms do not act quick enough to remove comments.

Changes to football banning orders, introduced in 1989 to stop repeat offenders, will also come in following a 12-week consultation of the Online Harms Bill.

Four people have been arrested after the England trio suffered disgusting racial abuse on social media.

The UK Football Policing Unit said: “Following England’s defeat against Italy on Sunday a torrent of racist comments aimed at some of the team’s black players appeared on platforms including Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.

“A hate crime investigation is underway by the UKFPU, with a dedicated team of investigators working their way through a large number of reports from across the country.

“So far, dozens of data applications have been submitted to social media companies and four people have been arrested by local police forces.”

Chief Constable Mark Roberts, the National Police Chiefs’ Council football policing lead, said: “The racial abuse aimed at our own players following Sunday night’s game is utterly vile and has quite rightly shocked and appalled people across the country.

Gary Neville

Gary Neville: Members of the public gathered at the mural over the last few days (Image: GETTY)

“Our England team have been true role models during the tournament, conducting themselves with professionalism and dignity.

“I’m disgusted there are individuals out there who think it’s acceptable to direct such abhorrent abuse at them, or at anybody else.

“The UKFPU investigation is well under way and work continues to identify those responsible.

“We are working very closely with social media platforms, who are providing data we need to progress enquiries.”

Adblock test (Why?)

Read more
This post originally posted here Daily Express :: UK Feed

Britons furious as Jacinda Ardern brands UK Covid policy ‘unacceptable’

New Zealand’s Prime Minister warned she has no plans to copy her British counterpart Boris Johnson with his plans to ease England’s remaining lockdown restricts on July 19. She added her country would not follow Britain’s new “live with” policy on the deadly virus. Ms Ardern said: “Different countries are taking different choices.

“The priority for me is how do we continue to preserve what New Zealand has managed to gain and give ourselves options, because this virus is not done with the world yet.”

However, her comments sparked anger among Express.co.uk readers.

One person warned Mr Johnson not to interact with Ms Ardern following her comments – even with trade.

They wrote: “No trade deal with New Zealand for you then Boris.”

Another added: “I’m afraid she needs to get real on Covid.”

And a third said: “She is deluded if she thinks New Zealand will not have to follow suit at some point.

“The borders can’t be kept closed forever. We all need to live with Covid variants as we move forward.”

It comes after Mr Johnson said earlier this week that Britons must “learn to live with” Covid.

READ MORE: Chaos above Black Sea: Russian jets intercept ‘US spy plane’

However, New Zealand officials said they would not want to do this.

Chris Hipkins, the country’s COVID-19 response minister, said: “That’s not something that we have been willing to accept in New Zealand.”

Ashley Bloomfield, the director-general of health, said New Zealand would be “watching closely”.

This would be to see the effect of England’s lockdown easing.

He added the UK could be placed on a no-fly list if cases rise again.

He said: “If they do get an increase in cases, we will be keeping a close eye on what that means for the risk of people traveling from the UK. 

“That will inform our decisions here.”

Adblock test (Why?)

Author: Rachel Russell
Read more here >>> Daily Express :: World Feed

‘You’re an idiot’ Stacey Solomon hits back as Joe Swash brands her ‘bigger than an island’

After an “emotional” scan on Friday, Stacey revealed: “Baby Girl. I can not believe I’m writing this… We are growing a little baby girl. 

“To our darling boys, you are the best big brothers anyone could wish for and you’re little sister is the luckiest girl in the world to have you all by her side.(sic)

“I honestly have no words… Mummy Daddy and ALL of your big brothers can not wait to meet you little one…

“We love you so so much already darling girl.”

Joe is also dad to an older son, Harry, 13, from a previous relationship.

Author: Kathryn Ingate
Read more here >>> Daily Express :: Celebrity News

Bradley Walsh’s wife Donna oozes glamour at BAFTAs as he brands award snub ‘a joke’

On being a part of the show for eight years, she added: “I’m very lucky, ridiculously lucky.

“I keep on going, ‘Wait, are you sure you want me to come back? Tess, am I allowed to stand next to you?’

“No, I love it,” she continued, adding she was “very grateful” to still be there.

Strictly Come Dancing returns to BBC One later this year. 

Author:
This post originally appeared on Daily Express :: Celebrity News Feed

Piers Morgan brands Prince Harry ‘whiny little brat’ for ‘preaching’

Piers Morgan has called out Prince Harry for ‘preaching’ about mental health.

A trailer was released by Apple TV revealing Harry’s new documentary about mental health alongside Oprah Winfrey.

Former GMB host, Piers, has viciously branded the Duke of Sussex a “whiny little brat” as he blasted his “preaching” amid “publicly trashing his family”.

Among the stars opening up about their experiences are Lady Gaga and Prince Harry, who open up in emotional scenes on The Me You Can’t See.

But Piers wasn’t too impressed and took to Twitter to give his immediate verdict on the trailer, the Mirror reports.

Retweeting the trailer, Piers furiously tweeted: “….because the one thing the world REALLY needs in the middle of a pandemic is yet more preaching lectures on compassion, mental health & emotional wellbeing from a whiny little brat who spends his entire time publicly trashing his family.”

This comes after the ex-Good Morning Britain presenter demanded that the Duke of Sussex “grow a pair” and urged the Queen to show him who is boss.

Prince Harry also recently sat down with actor Dax Shephard for the Armchair Expert podcast in which he opened up on his “genetic pain” and said he wants to “break the cycle” of the “suffering” of his upbringing with his own children.

Piers reflected on the interview in his latest column for the MailOnline in which he penned that Prince Harry has “gone from being a courageous war hero to a spineless whiny cry baby who blames his family for all his supposed woes.”

In a strong attack on the son of Prince Charles, Piers fumed: “Harry has lost his country, his dignity and now seems to be losing his mind too as he condemns everything from his grieving grandmother to free speech.

“It’s time His Royal Hypocrite stopped abusing his family, stopped moaning about everything all the bloody time.

“He should stop exploiting his royal titles for huge financial gain, stop trashing America’s constitution – and grow a pair.”

Author: [email protected] (Rose Hill, Lucy Marshall)
This post originally appeared on Hull Live – Celebs & TV

AT&T Discovery Join Media Brands As Cord-Cutting Encroaches

NEW YORK (AP) — AT&T will combine its massive media operations that include CNN, HBO, TNT and TBS in a $ 43 billion deal with Discovery, the owner of lifestyle networks including the Food Network and HGTV.

It is a major directional shift for AT&T which squared off with the Justice Department less than three years ago in an antitrust fight when it wanted to acquire Time Warner Inc. for more than $ 80 billion. That was a fight that AT&T won.

It’s not immediately clear what the new company would mean for customers, but it likely allow the bundling of streaming services. For example, Disney offers its viewers Disney+, Hulu and ESPN.

A standalone streaming service for CNN is also a possibility.

AT&T operates HBO Max, and Discovery created its own streaming service. HBO Max and HBO have a combined U.S. subscriber base of about 44 million, and Discovery+ has about 15 million subscribers.

“The new company will be able to join the upper tier of global (streaming) players: Netflix, Disney and Amazon,” Craig Moffett of MoffettNathanson told investors.

However, Netflix has more than 200 million subscribers worldwide, and Disney+ has over 100 million.

In the all-stock deal, AT&T will receive $ 43 billion in a combination of cash, debt securities, and WarnerMedia’s retention of certain debt. AT&T shareholders will receive stock representing 71% of the new company and Discovery stockholders will own 29% of the new company.

The new company will be in direct competition with Netflix, Amazon, Apple, Disney and Comcast, which are assembling a growing arsenal of original media content.

The combination announced Monday, the companies said, will able to invest more in original streaming content. It will house almost 200,000 hours of programming and bring together more than 100 brands under one global portfolio, including: DC Comics, Cartoon Network, Eurosport, Magnolia, TLC and Animal Planet.

Discovery CEO David Zaslav will lead the new company. The new company’s board will have 13 members, seven will initially appointed by AT&T, including the chairperson. Discovery will initially appoint six directors, including Zaslav.

The deal is expected to close by the middle of next year. It still needs approval from Discovery shareholders. AT&T stockholders don’t need to vote on the transaction.

_____

AP Business writers Anne D’Ínnocenzio and Michelle Chapman contributed to this report.

The Associated Press

Author: AP News
This post originally appeared on Snopes.com

‘Straight b****, you are’: McGregor teammate Danis calls out Bisping as ex-UFC champ brands him ‘little weasel attention wh*re’

UFC legend Michael Bisping has reignited a feud with Conor McGregor hanger-on Dillon Danis, branding the American a “little weasel attention wh*re” after he challenged the former middleweight champion to a street fight.

Bisping was on punditry duties for the UFC last night, where he called their Las Vegas fight card headlined by a clash between former light heavyweight challenger Dominick Reyes and Jiri Prochazka.

Responding to a fan’s critical reply on Twitter, Bisping asked: “Why don’t you cry about it?”

This caused Bellator brawler Danis to pop up out of nowhere and threaten ‘The Count’ once more.

You cried when I called you out. Straight b****, you are. Wait until I see you in person,” Danis piped up, soon wiping his tweet to the amusement of both Bisping and fans alike. 

“He deleted this pretty quick. Dillon don’t want no smoke with Bisping,” quipped one, with a screenshot of the outburst. “Glad you caught it,” laughed Bisping. “That’s funny.

“That little weasel attention wh*re is really threatening me in a street fight?

“I don’t fight in the streets, certainly against little boys. But I’m undefeated on the mean streets of Clitheroe,” Bisping finished, referencing the sleepy little Lancashire town he grew up in 34 miles from Manchester. 

This is not the first time that the pair have been involved in a heated back-and-forth on social media. 

After Danis said he could “literally on god beat Jake Paul and Ben Askren in a boxing match back to back on the same night” ahead of their meeting which the YouTuber won by first round KO, Bisping waded in to row with the New York native. 

“A YouTuber, a wrestler and a jujitsu guy talking big about boxing is an insult to the sweet science,” he stated.

Changing his profile picture to a photo of Bisping being choked by Georges St-Pierre in their 2017 middleweight championship clash, Danis told Bisping to “stay in the commentary booth where it’s safe”, warning: “Otherwise you will need more than sweet science to fix what I would do to your other eye in a boxing ring, you t***.”

Dissecting Danis’ 2-0 career, Bisping replied: “Big words for an unproven fighter. The two – yes, only two – fighters you’ve faced have records of 2-5 and 2-4.

“Please, for the love of god, shut the f*** up and stop embarrassing yourself. Also, you had your MMA debut in 2018. It’s 2021. Three years, two fights? Go shine Conor’s shoes, you loser.”
Also on rt.com ‘So cringe’: Punter punch-ups shame boxing as fans brawl during fight… before Arreola swears at judges over Ruiz Jr loss (VIDEO)
The Brit wasn’t done there.

Sharing a video of Danis losing a jiu-jitsu clash a follower had alerted him to, he asked: This you getting tapped out after running away, Dillon Danis?

“Can’t even win in grappling matches. Now go get your f***ing shine box,” he scoffed, quoting 1990 mafia hit movie Goodfellas.”

After Danis had taken a dig at welterweight title challenger Jorge Masvidal, Bisping blasted: “Imagine being so insecure about your own fight career, which is actually non-existent, that you have to constantly take shots at fighters outside of the promotion you’re in so you get clout and stay relevant.”
Also on rt.com ‘I eat a** for breakfast, lunch & dinner’: McGregor teammate Dillon Danis blames weight gain on model girlfriend (VIDEO)

Author: RT
This post originally appeared on RT Sport News

Presented by
RT.com

Piers Morgan furiously brands 'woke-ravaged' Oscars 2021 a 'howlingly dull trainwreck'

Author:
This post originally appeared on Daily Express :: Celebrity News Feed

The star went on to criticise the absence of an entertaining host and the lack of “big musical, theatrical or comedy performances”.

Piers added: “Who in their right mind would think the answer to falling Oscars’ popularity, against the new backdrop of a devastating global pandemic, was no fun, no acts and longer preaching speeches?”

The presenter went on to hit out at the nominated films, claiming that they weren’t Oscar-worthy.

He continued: “We weren’t even shown clips from most of this year’s offerings, an extraordinary decision that I can only assume was based on the producers’ fear that if we saw them, we’d be even more bemused they were winning Oscars.

 

Dan Walker fumes as he brands BBC colleague's behaviour 'next level laziness'

Author:
This post originally appeared on Daily Express :: Celebrity News Feed

His last show is set to line up with the end of the current football season on Saturday, May 22.

Dan said in a statement about his exit: “It has been an amazing 12 years and I have loved every second of it.

“I am so proud of the job we’ve done, the changes we’ve made and issues we’ve looked at while the football landscape changed immeasurably.”

His replacement has not yet been confirmed but there have been reports Alex Scott might land the role.

Aljaz Skorjanec talks 'future' with Janette as he brands wife his 'rock' after diagnosis

Author
This post originally appeared on Daily Express :: Celebrity News Feed

The dancer told Loose Women in February: “We really, really do love and support each other, and I think for any newcoming parent or people that are considering becoming parents, the most important thing is that mum and dad have this kind of unity and really feel like they are going to go at this together. And I think Aljaz is going to be the most incredible dad! 

“So that’s kind of the realisation that we both made that when the time is right we are going to be more than ready.”

However, Janette also acknowledged that starting a family with Aljaz would impact their dancing careers, adding: “I think it is just that scary choice, that scary decision when you do decide to say, ‘OK, we’re gonna see what happens and try for a baby.’

“Because for me and Aljaz, we are a team when it comes to everything in life, not just in our personal life but also for work. And if I all of a sudden fall pregnant, I would want to spend time with my baby and I would want to spend time with my child as a mother.

“So that’s the scary point, that we lose 50% of the household income coming in, because we do all of it together.”