Tag Archives: claim

Royal Family LIVE: Speak to Harry first! William’s space probe claim sparks fury

Royal Family LIVE: Speak to Harry first! William's space probe claim sparks fury

The Duke of Cambridge criticised the space race after Star Trek actor William Shatner, 90, blasted off on a Blue Origin rocket. William says the race detracts focus from addressing climate change here on Earth. In an interview ahead of his inaugural Earthshot Prize, William, 39, told the BBC: “We need some of the world’s greatest brains and minds fixed on trying to repair this planet, not trying to find the next place to go and live.”

However, the future King faced scrutiny from Martin Daubney, deputy leader of The Reclaim Party, who took to Twitter to claim William should be addressing an issue with his brother Harry who enjoys “endless private jet trips” while “lecturing others on climate change”.

He wrote: “Perhaps before Prince William sticks his nose into William Shatner’s Blue Origin flight business he could have a word with his own brother? Harry lecturing others on climate change while enjoying endless private jet trips is a problem nearer to home.”

Prince Harry, 37 and wife Meghan Markle, 40 took a private jet flight home from a three-day visit in New York, where they appeared at Global Citizen Live – an event calling for climate change action.

The couple made an address to crowds on the topic of vaccine equity. Elsewhere at the event key commitments were announced by many partner organisations. In addition, calls were made for new environmental laws that would require the US to cut its current emissions to half by 2030.

Harry launched a sustainable travel initiative called Travalyst in 2019.

It aims to provide the globe with eco-friendly travel options and assist the population with making informed choices in regards to air and land travel.

The company has partnered with Google, and a recent announcement said they will now report carbon emissions estimates for all flights alongside a series of fuel-efficient routing options being added to Google Maps.

FOLLOW BELOW FOR LIVE UPDATES

Read more here Daily Express :: Royal Feed

Royal Family LIVE: Meghan and Harry ‘planning alternative Jubilee in US’ – bombshell claim

Royal Family LIVE: Meghan and Harry 'planning alternative Jubilee in US' – bombshell claim

The Queen, 95, will celebrate a remarkable 70 years on the throne next June. The historic occasion is scheduled to take place across a bumper four-day weekend from June 2-5 and will see members of the Royal Family attend public events up and down the country – starting with a traditional Trooping the Colour parade in London.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex quit the Royal Family last year and it is unclear whether they will form part of the Platinum Jubilee celebrations in the UK.

Royal commentator Neil Sean suggested the couple could organise their own charity event in the US, but warned the move may not go down too well.

Speaking on his YouTube channel, he said: “According to a very good source, very close to Harry and Meghan, it looks like Harry and Meghan could be planning the alternative Platinum Jubilee celebrations.

“A lot of people over in New York and particularly in the United States will be celebrating with us on that special weekend.

“But Harry and Meghan, according to that close source, think they could do something themselves – perhaps throw a huge gala party, some big sort of concert event, all raising money for the charitable causes associated with not just Harry and Meghan, but some of the causes associated with her gracious Majesty the Queen.”

Mr Sean added: “A lot of people may scoff at this, but Prince Harry is within his right to celebrate his grandmother being on the throne for so long.”

Follow Express.co.uk for live Royal Family updates below:

Read more here Daily Express :: Royal Feed

Liverpool have ‘substantial evidence’ relating to City spit claim

Liverpool say they have substantial evidence relating to Manchester City’s claim that a supporter spat at a member of staff, and it could be passed on to police.

The claims overshadowed a thrilling 2-2 draw, live on Sky Sports on Sunday, as City made an official complaint to their opponents that the incident occurred just after the away side’s first equaliser.

Although Liverpool are yet to confirm they have identified the perpetrator, they are working with City staff to gather more statements and the unredacted video footage, after analysing footage available to them and collecting a number of statements from supporters in that area of the ground.

“We are conducting a full investigation, working with all relevant parties including Manchester City, to gather evidence from individuals who witnessed the incident as well as analysing all available video footage,” a statement on Monday said.

“The evidence collected to date is substantial and, if requested to do so, will be handed to Merseyside Police given the potential for criminal charges. This case will also be subject to the club’s official sanctions process.

Please use Chrome browser for a more accessible video player

FREE TO WATCH: Highlights from the 2-2 draw between Liverpool and Manchester City in the Premier League.

“Anfield is our home and we will ensure it is a safe, enjoyable environment for everyone attending and will not allow unacceptable isolated behaviour to impact on our club’s values and principles.”

Spitting deliberately at another person can carry criminal charges of assault, and Liverpool could look to ban the individual – if proven – for anything up to a lifetime.

City boss Pep Guardiola said at full-time that he hopes the hosts take action if the claim is proven, but insisted this type of behaviour is “certain people – not just LFC” after referencing the defacing of their team bus at the stadium in 2018.

He told Sky Sports: “I don’t know what happened. I heard something from the crowd – something not nice to staff. But I don’t know what exactly. I didn’t see the images.

Image:
Pep Guardiola says he hopes the perpetrator will be dealt with by Liverpool if the spit claim is proven

“I’m pretty sure that if it happened, what the people told me, I’m sure Liverpool will take measures about this person. Liverpool is much greater than this behaviour.

“Nothing will change my admiration for this club. It was the same story two, three years ago when we came here and they destroyed our bus – it is certain people, not just Liverpool FC.

“It’s always a pleasure to come to this stadium. It’s an honour for this atmosphere, how they support the team. That’s why it’s Anfield.”

Read more here SkySports | News