Tag Archives: claiming

Oslo: 35-year-old man accused of illegally claiming 10 million kroner in corona support

The Oslo Public Prosecutor’s Office has issued an indictment against a 35-year-old Norwegian citizen. The 35-year-old is said to have been paid around NOK 10 million in corona support.

The indictment includes nine completed frauds and eight attempted frauds, the police wrote in a press release.

On the basis of the incorrect information in the applications, the NAV has paid the man a total of NOK 10 million.

The accused is also said to have tried to get an additional NOK 7 million from the same scheme with the same procedure, but the NAV stopped the payments. He applied for a total of NOK 17 million.

Money laundering network

After the payments from the NAV, the police believe that a money laundering network further transferred the money.

“This is one of the largest corona frauds that has been uncovered so far,” the police noted.

The accused man has been remanded in custody, and the case is scheduled to start in Oslo District Court on August 24, 2021. The NAV will file a civil claim for compensation of just over NOK 9 million.

The accused has denied criminal guilt.

Source: © NTB Scanpix / #Norway Today / #NorwayTodayNews

Do you have a news tip for Norway Today? We want to hear it. Get in touch at info@norwaytoday.no

Read more
This post originally posted here Norway News

Alastair Campbell slammed for claiming Brexit Britain turning into ‘rogue state’

The former New Labour spin doctor spoke after it was announced that fully jabbed travellers returning to England and Wales from France will still have to quarantine from Monday due to the spread of the Beta variant. This is despite from the same date, double jabbed travellers arriving from amber list countries not needing to self-isolate for 10 days.

The government said the easing would not apply to France due to “persistent” cases of the Beta variant, first identified in South Africa.

There are concerns existing vaccines may not work as well against the variant.

It accounts for about 10 percent of new infections in France, but many of those cases are in the Indian Ocean territories of Reunion and Mayotte.

Responding to the news, Mr Campbell tweeted: “The new rules for France are mind-blowing.

READ MORE: Jacinda Ardern’s health chief launches scathing attack on Britain

His comments quickly provoked outrage online.

Alluding to the 2003 Iraq War, one wrote: “BEGINNING! You and Tony (Blair) ruined that reputation years ago”

Another said: “And yet..when Boris didn’t stop flights from India quickly enough (when cases erupted there), you were all over him. He literally can’t win.”

The more infectious Delta variant – first identified in India – accounts for almost all new cases in the UK.

Announcing the news last week, Health Secretary Sajid Javid said: “We have always been clear that we will not hesitate to take rapid action at our borders to stop the spread of Covid-19 and protect the gains made by our successful vaccination programme.

“With restrictions lifting on Monday across the country, we will do everything we can to ensure international travel is conducted as safely as possible, and protect our borders from the threat of variants.”

But many have criticised the Government’s policy – including from within the travel industry.

Willie Walsh, the director-general of the International Air Transport Association told the BBC that “the UK has no coherent policy on international travel” and is “destroying its own travel sector and the thousands of jobs that rely on it”.

A Scottish government spokesperson said ministers were “considering the best approach” for arrivals from France “as we look to adopt a four nation approach on international travel, where possible”.

Wales said it would be following the change set by England, while Northern Ireland is yet to announce its intention.

Adblock test (Why?)

Read more
This post originally posted here Daily Express :: UK Feed

Donald Trump to sue Facebook, Twitter and Google – Former US President claiming ‘bias’

The former US President claimed the three companies silence conservative thought. Speaking today at his New Jersey golf course, Mr Trump revealed he had filed the lawsuits at a federal court in Florida. He also claimed he has been wrongfully censured by the three companies. 

Mr Trump said: “We’re demanding an end to the shadow-banning, a stop to the silencing and a stop to the blacklisting, banishing and cancelling that you know so well.

“Our case will prove this censorship is unlawful, unconstitutional and un-American.”

He also revealed the lawsuit will call for a prompt restitution of his social media accounts on the platform. 

He added: “We are asking the court to impose punitive damages on these social media giants. 

“We are going told Big Tech accountable and this is the first of numerous lawsuits which will soon follow.”

The former President also claimed he is confident he will achieve a victory and said the move was integral in defending the First Amendment. 

Mr Trump was removed from Twitter and Facebook following the Capitol Hill riot. 

Both companies cited their concern he would incite further violence following the incident on January 6. 

JUST IN: Brexit LIVE: SNP stuns Boris with sensational bid to change UK rules

On January 9, Twitter permanently suspended Mr Trump’s account. 

The social media platform locked Mr Trump out of his account for 12 hours after he called rioters “patriots” as they stormed the Capitol. 

After returning to the platform, Mr Trump posted two further tweets which the company claimed violated its regulations. 

In one tweet, Mr Trump wrote: “The 75,000,000 great American Patriots who voted for me, America first, and make America great again will have a giant voice long into the future.

“They will not be disrespected or treated unfairly in any way, shape or form!”

Commenting on Mr Trump’s ban at the time, Twitter said: “After close review of recent Tweets from the account and the context around them — specifically how they are being received and interpreted on and off Twitter — we have permanently suspended the account due to the risk of further incitement of violence. 

“In the context of horrific events this week, we made it clear on Wednesday that additional violations of the Twitter Rules would potentially result in this very course of action. 

“Our public interest framework exists to enable the public to hear from elected officials and world leaders directly.

“It is built on a principle that the people have a right to hold power to account in the open.”

None of the tech companies have responded to Mr Trump today. 

Adblock test (Why?)

Author: Bill McLoughlin
Read more here >>> Daily Express :: World Feed

Giovanna and Tom Fletcher apologise for claiming money from furlough scheme after backlash

Giovanna Fletcher, 36, has taken to Instagram to issue a lengthy apology for using the government’s furlough scheme to pay one of her employees during the coronavirus pandemic, despite being worth an estimated £8 million. The star is said to have claimed the funds alongside her McFly guitarist husband, Tom Fletcher, 35, just weeks after winning I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! in Gwrych Castle, North Wales last year.

In view of her two million followers, the mother-of-three addressed the claims which were made over the weekend.

She wrote: “Hi everyone, we’ve always had a very honest and open relationship with you all on here so we thought it was important to address questions that some of you have rightly asked us in the last 24 hours.

“This weekend there was an article in one of the Sunday papers about us using the government furlough scheme.

Giovanna continued: “While parts of the article were inaccurate (including all of the figures mentioned), it is true that we did follow financial advice to furlough someone we employ.”

More to follow…

Author:
This post originally appeared on Daily Express :: Celebrity News Feed