Tag Archives: fighter

A Steam Page May Have Accidentally Revealed An Upcoming Streets Of Rage 4 DLC Fighter

Streets Of Rage 4

It looks like we could be set to receive some DLC for Streets of Rage 4, if a newly-spotted listing on Steam is to be believed.

The new page, spotted on the Steamdb website by Reddit user mikesaintjules, refers to an unreleased piece of DLC for Windows users. It doesn’t reveal too much about the contents included other than the title of a character who will be familiar to fans of the series. If you don’t want to be spoiled, we’d suggest you head back to our home page now.

Still here? Right, then…

The DLC’s title is listed as ‘Streets Of Rage 4 – Mr. X Nightmare’, referring, of course, to the series’ main antagonist, Mr. X. Those who have played Streets of Rage 3 (and again, we must stress that spoilers are ahead) will know that Mr. X actually died at the end of that game, so his appearance in 4 would be very interesting indeed.

Streets of Rage 4’s developers and publishers have yet to officially announce any DLC for the title, so bear in mind that this isn’t yet confirmed. It’d be surprising to see a page like this appear on Steam’s site without a cause for it, however, so the real question is whether or not the DLC will come to Switch in the future.

Time will tell!

‘Super disrespectful’: UFC fighter Cheyanne Buys accuses rival Montserrat Ruiz of SPITTING ON HER as ugly octagon row erupts

UFC scrapper Montserrat ‘Conejo’ Ruiz has been accused of spitting on octagon rival Cheyanne Buys, after an ugly row marred their UFC Vegas 22 clash on Saturday.

Ruiz earned a unanimous decision victory on the scorecards (29–28, 29–28, 29–27) in the pair’s strawweight bout, but despite the win being a first in the UFC octagon for the Mexican, much of the talk surrounded a contentious ending to the contest.  

On the final buzzer, Ruiz appeared to taunt her opponent and, as Buys broke free from being smothered on the octagon floor, Ruiz was seen moving towards her foe’s face.

Ruiz then gave Buys the middle finger, and the pair also had to be separated from additional confrontation by Nevada Athletic Commission officials.

Taking to social media, Buys – a former Dana White’s Contender Series fighter who was also making her UFC bow – claimed that her Mexican rival had spat on her. 

“To all my friends and family I just want to say I am sorry for losing my cool after the fight,” wrote ‘The Warrior Princess’, sharing a supposedly incriminating clip of the incident. 

“I have never in my life been spit on by a opponent that I gave nothing but respect too.

“I will live to fight another day. Thank you guys for all support. I’ll be back.”

But when interviewed post-fight, Ruiz denied all wrongdoing.

“No, I didn’t spit on her at all,” claimed ‘Conejo’ via a Spanish translator.

“It was probably the momentum. I’m not the kind of person that likes to spit, and if you spit on someone, that’s crossing the line, and that’s not something I was thinking about doing.”

If Ruiz is to be believed, Buys was anything but respectful from the moment the fight was announced, which directly led to bad blood going into the bout.

“Everything got started when she insulted my wrestling and my takedowns,” explained former Invicta FC fighter Ruiz, who had been a late notice replacement for Kay Hansen. 

“She said that I had stupid headlocks and stupid takedowns, and she said that she used to know me.

“I [said] to her that she didn’t know me and I’d give her a little help so she can taste it. I’m not the kind of person that likes to insult other people. I’m a homegirl.”

On social media, debate raged as to whether Ruiz was guilty of the unsportsmanlike action or if Buys is a sore loser. 

“The close up slo-mo showed after she said something she leaned forward and spat, you could see the glob of spit and everything,” claimed one user, although others dismissed that notion. 

RT

Presented by
RT.com

He’s behind you: Fans blast ref after defenseless fighter is knocked out from behind in bizarre end to boxing title bout (VIDEO)

A British boxer has denied that the referee gave him a huge helping hand after he controversially won a title with a vicious shot while his opponent was returning to a ring corner with his back turned, causing a row among fans.

Maxi Hughes and Paul Hyland Jnr had been involved in a compelling scrap for the vacant British lightweight title when Hughes caught his foe with a body shot in round eight.

In the farce that followed the blow, Hyland Jnr may have wished he had taken a knee rather than stayed on his feet and fought bravely on. The fight briefly paused while he seemed to stoop, then the 31-year-old headed back to a neutral corner with his back turned on Hughes in what appeared to be a break ordered by official Mark Lyson.

Realizing that the call might not have been given to temporarily stop boxing, quick-witted Hughes rushed up behind his opponent and audaciously flattened him, conclusively ending the contest without having to breach Hyland Jnr’s defense again.

“Some people might call it luck but I call it years of hard work paying off,” argued Hughes. “I took my opportunity when it came and now look at this.

“For anybody out there, keep being true to your dreams. I had a goal to win the British title, and now I want to keep on achieving. I knew I could get the wins on the big stage, and this means the world to me.”

Hyland Jnr reacted graciously on social media. “The ref did say stop boxing and I was catching my breath from the body shot and also caught one on the head,” he wrote.

“I didn’t see it coming. It is what it is. Boxing is a tough old game. Gutted about the decision and the way it ended, but that’s boxing.

“Both us were cutting the ribs off each other. It was still close enough and anything can happen in the later rounds.”

Fans were less forgiving of Lyson, with some accusing him of endangering Hyland Jnr.

“Ref’s fault, 100 per cent,” wrote one. “He shouldn’t work a pro fight again.”

Another claimed: “He sends Hughes to the corner to signal he’s going to give a standing count but then signals them to carry on fighting as Hyland turns his back. The ref is there for the fighters’ protection, not to cause this.”

In perhaps the most high-profile similar incident in boxing, all-time great Floyd Mayweather beat Victor Ortiz in 2011 with a “sucker punch” that many felt had been landed before the referee had waved the fight on, although the champion gleefully reminded Ortiz of the immortal pre-fight instruction to “defend yourself at all times” afterwards.

“Of course you ‘defend yourself at all times’,” said a viewer of Hyland Jnr’s defeat. “But the fighter has put himself in a position where he’s asking to be helped by the referee and the referee allows a free hit on him.

“Looking forward to the [British boxing boss] Robert Smith interview where fans are wrong and the ref acted correctly.”

More recently, there was confusion and controversy when Petr Yan’s fight with Aljamain Sterling ended with the Russian UFC champion being disqualified when he was adjudged to have landed a knee to his opponent’s head during a break.
Also on rt.com Bare Knuckle FC newcomer Paige VanZant squirts cream on herself while bigging up bow-out of fellow brawler and ex-UFC star Garcia

RT

Presented by
RT.com

Uncaged: Khabib compares life as active fighter to ‘being in prison’ as he relishes retirement on trip to San Francisco

San Francisco is famous for its Alcatraz Island prison so it was perhaps fitting that retired UFC champion Khabib Nurmagomedov was in the city as he compared the life of an active fighter to being in the confines of a jail.

Any fans holding out hope that Khabib could one day return to the octagon have just been dealt another blow after the undefeated Russian gave a fresh indication of his joy at not having the burden of preparation for fights hanging over him.

Sharing an image of himself on the San Francisco streets with his 27.6 million following on Instagram, the UFC lightweight king wrote (in Russian): “Since 2012, I’ve dreamed of coming to this city (SF) without preparing for a fight and without any diet, just taking a walk and enjoying good food.

“Seriously, it turns out like it was being in prison. Alhamdulillah [praise be to God], how good it is not to be an active athlete.”

The message is the latest signal that Khabib is enjoying life in retirement far too much for him to have any lingering doubts over his announcement last October that he was ending his career at the age of 32 and undefeated at 29-0 inside the cage.

Since then UFC boss Dana White has repeatedly attempted to entice ‘The Eagle’ to reverse that decision, saying as recently as last week that Khabib – who is still technically the 155lbs champ – was “not holding up the division.”

Last month, White said he remained convinced that Khabib would return if the right challenge emerges.

“Khabib can say whatever he wants. I believe if this thing plays out, and the right guy, however the fights happen, he’ll fight him. I truly believe that,” the UFC chief said.
Also on rt.com ‘How about September?’ Dana White reveals Khabib’s response after latest efforts to coax UFC champ back to octagon
Khabib, meanwhile, has reiterated that he is committed to his numerous business interests as well as pushing through a stable of MMA talent from Dagestan which was mentored by his late father Abdulmanap.

That includes cousins Umar and Usman Nurmagomedov – who are signed to the UFC and Bellator respectively – as well as friend and teammate Islam Makhachev.

Khabib was in Makhachev’s corner when he returned to the octagon at UFC 259 in Las Vegas earlier this month, producing a grappling masterclass to defeat American Drew Dober and record a seventh win on the spin.

Khabib has asserted that Makhachev, 29, will ultimately be the man to ascend to the lightweight throne he abdicated after submitting Justin Gaethje at UFC 254 in October.
Also on rt.com UFC 259: Dominant Makhachev calls out Tony Ferguson after defeating Dober to extend winning streak to SEVEN in a row

RT

Presented by
RT.com