Tag Archives: picture

Kirsty Gallacher responds to claims of 'poor picture and production quality' on GB News

Kirsty Gallacher responds to claims of 'poor picture and production quality' on GB News

Former Sky Sports presenter Kirsty Gallacher, 45, has responded to claims of “poor” picture and production quality on GB News. The newsreader promptly replied to a viewer of the show who had been left less than impressed by apparent technical difficulties, which they claim make the programme almost unwatchable.

Taking to Twitter, GB News presenter Nana Akua gave fans an insight into the show’s production.

Tweeting to her 430,800 followers, she wrote: “Just finished presenting the Great British Breakfast @GBNEWS with the amazing @TheRealKirstyG.”

Despite the majority of comments being supportive, one viewer claimed that the production problems the show faced made it almost unwatchable.

They wrote: “I desperately want to enjoy it… but the picture and production quality is so poor… it feels like I’m back in the 80’s…”

READ MORE: Naga Munchetty talks health ordeal after her screams horrified husband

Hitting back, another viewer advised them to “close their eyes” and listen to the presenters.

They wrote: “Close your eyes and just listen then. The content is more important, and that’s great.”

Clearly pleased with the praise, Kirsty commented and promised that the technical problems will be sorted soon.

“Well said thank you! Those things will be ironed out ASAP,” she said.

“Great discussions and debates. I think I prefer the format of two presenters, three can get a bit intense. Great to have loads of guests to enhance debates. Well done,” they added.

Applauding the duo, another social media user commented: “You are a great team ladies, I so enjoy your refreshing honesty.”

As another penned: “Very refreshing to have a balanced view of the news.”

However, earlier today frustrated viewers took to social media to brand the new news channel as “no different to the BBC”.

Author:
This post originally appeared on Daily Express :: Celebrity News Feed

AMC hosts first ever 'Black Picture Showcase' in honor of Juneteenth

Beginning Friday, June 18 through June 24, guests can enjoy some of their favorite classic, contemporary and culturally relevant black-led films for $ 5.

SAN DIEGO COUNTY, Calif. — On the heels of the recent historical and unanimous U.S. Senate vote to establish June 19th as “Juneteenth National Independence Day” a federal holiday, AMC will host the first-ever “Black Picture Showcase Celebrating Juneteenth” at select AMC theatres.

Beginning Friday, June 18, through Thursday, June, 24, guests everywhere can enjoy some of their favorite classic, contemporary and culturally relevant black-led films for $ 5.  

Organizers of the event said the event was created by AMC African American associates to celebrate Black Excellence in film and amplify Black voices at AMC. 

“This is a proud and historic moment for AMC, that could not have happened without the influence of our African American associates who used their voices to underscore the importance of honoring Juneteenth as a bedrock of American history,” said Adam Aron, CEO and President of AMC Theatres, “This opportunity is a celebration of the impact and accomplishments of African Americans in cinema. It is nothing less than a privilege for AMC to showcase their extraordinary talent.”

The “AMC Black Picture Showcase Celebrating Juneteenth” lineup features seven films, celebrated in three categories: 

Black Changemakers

  • DO THE RIGHT THING – June 18
  • HARRIET – June 18, 23

Black Cinema 

  • THE WATER MAN – June 19
  • FENCES – June 19, 21
  • MOONLIGHT – June 19, 24

Black Joy

  • BARBERSHOP: THE NEXT CUT – June 20
  • LOVE & BASKETBALL – June 20, 22

Juneteenth is the oldest nationally celebrated commemoration of the ending of slavery in the United States. President Joe Biden is scheduled to sign the bill into law Thursday afternoon

For full showtime information, moviegoers can check the “AMC Black Picture Showcase Celebrating Juneteenth,” click here.

WATCH RELATED: What is Juneteenth and why do we celebrate it?

AMC hosts first ever 'Black Picture Showcase' in honor of Juneteenth

Author:
This post originally appeared on CBS8 – Entertainment

Gogglebox stars' secret daughters shown in rare family picture

Gogglebox viewers have been thrilled to see a throwback snap of a young Giles and Mary which shows them with their two young daughters – who have never been seen before.

The couple, who live in Wiltshire, have been long-standing favourites of the show, but we’ve never been given a glimpse into their family life, until now, Leeds Live reports.

The rare snap of a much younger Giles Wood and Mary Killen was posted on the Gogglebox Instagram fan page and viewers have been left wanting to see more – as well as proving popular with fans who remarked how handsome a young Giles was.

And many exclaimed shock as they didn’t realise the pair had two daughters – both now grown up and living away from home.

One fan posted: “Great pic, didn’t know they had daughters!”

To sign up for the Hull Live newsletter, click here.

A young Giles and Mary from Gogglebox with their two very private daughters, in a rare throwback photo
A young Giles and Mary from Gogglebox with their two very private daughters, in a rare throwback photo

A second fan, eager to see more, said: “Would love to see them all now and do they have grand kids?! Imagine them being your grandparents!”

A third added: “What a beautiful picture, I just think they are the funniest couple I enjoy watching them.”

While another said: “Brilliant picture and gorgeous family! Wouldn’t have known who this was without the caption!”

Another swooned: “Giles was good looking and Mary very pretty, what a lovely photo.”

The adorable and hilarious couple, who have been married for more than 30 years, frequently call each other the nickname ‘Nutty’ but we know very few private details of their life.

The only family member who is frequently spotted in the cottage is their dog.

One of the daughters was actually due to be partnered with Giles in the hit Channel Four show, however, she decided not to take part, but thankfully Giles managed to convince Mary to come onboard instead.

Author: [email protected] (Megan Shaw, Lisa Baxter)
This post originally appeared on Hull Live – Celebs & TV

Throwback picture of Kate and William shows strong attraction: 'Undeniably sexy'

Author:
This post originally appeared on Daily Express :: Life and Style Feed

Throwback picture of Kate and William shows strong attraction: 'Undeniably sexy'

The first official image of the now-Duke and Duchess was shared by Clarence House. It was taken at St Andrew’s University in St Andrew’s on June 23, 2005 in Scotland on the day of Kate and William‘s graduation.

It shows the couple, both in white shirts, posing together to celebrate leaving university, both in their early 20s.

While neither could have predicted the future, they appear loved up in the snap, a positive omen for their long and happy relationship, and their shared parenthood.

The picture was taken by Kate Middleton’s parents and has now been analysed by body language expert Judi James.

She claimed the couple appears totally in love in the snap.

READ MORE: Kate Middleton spotted in Chelsea using parenting trick with George and Charlotte

She highlights the couple’s physical closeness, which we see much less during their official royal engagements.

Judi said: “He and Kate are welded together at the ribs, with this torso-pressing suggesting strong physical bonding and attraction.”

While William is one the with all the royal status, it’s Kate with the confidence, Judi claims.

“Kate’s dimpled smile and her head tilt suggest higher levels of confidence than William here, almost as though she is initiating him into the world of relaxed, tactile PDAs.”

The future Duchess of Cambridge shows a little possessiveness over William, Judi claims.

“Kate’s hand laid flat on William’s midriff forms a possessive, ownership ritual, suggesting she is totally sure about her choice of partner,” she said.

However, a young William seems a little “wary” the expert suggests.

“William has laid his own hand over hers, signalling a slightly wary endorsement of those feelings.”

An expert claimed Kate is “helping William repair from loss of fun brother Prince Harry“. 

Judi claimed Kate’s playful side may help husband William recover from losing his brother Prince Harry to the States following his and Meghan Markle’s departure from the firm, Judi claimed.

She added: “Their displays were often aimed at amusing their hosts but they also appeared to be having fun as a couple.”

“There is also a suggestion that Kate’s displays of playful, shared fun might be helping William to repair from the loss of his ‘fun’ younger brother.”

Read More

Carol Vorderman, 60, sparks frenzy with eye-popping display in Welsh Dragon bikini picture

Author:
This post originally appeared on Daily Express :: Celebrity News Feed

Carol Vorderman, 60, sparks frenzy with eye-popping display in Welsh Dragon bikini picture

Carol Vorderman, 60, stunned her fans as she shared a sultry mirror selfie in a skimpy Wales-inspired bikini. The Countdown legend shared her love for her Welsh roots in the eye-catching swimwear, which featured the Welsh Dragon printed across the top.

Carol pouted for the camera as she put on a busty display in the bikini at home.

The Instagram snap flaunted Carol’s toned torso, after she revealed she had developed abs from getting involved in home workouts during the coronavirus lockdown.

Carol wore her caramel locks straight and completed her look with smokey eyeshadow.

Sharing the photo with her 91,000 followers, she penned: “Maybe it’s time to get this one out now that I’m home #WelshDragon #BikiniRummaging.”

READ MORE… Twiggy ‘ignored’ before ‘staggeringly rude’ snub by Princess Margaret

The presenter recently put her curvaceous figure on display again as she enjoyed the sunny weather in her garden on Friday.

The maths expert grinned for the camera and accessorised with a pair of mirrored aviator sunglasses.

She completed her summery look with a brown patterned sarong, which she tied around her waist.

The star could be seen sitting on a towel, which she had placed on the grass, in the sun-soaked snap.

UFC warrior Stipe Miocic’s wife reassures fans he is ‘alright’ by sharing picture from hospital after shuddering UFC 260 KO defeat

UFC warrior Stipe Miocic’s wife reassures fans he is ‘alright’ by sharing picture from hospital after shuddering UFC 260 KO defeat

UFC heavyweight Stipe Miocic’s wife has taken to social media to put fans’ minds at rest following his brutal knockout at the hands of Francis Ngannou at UFC 260 on Saturday, posing next to the bruised fighter in hospital.

The Croatian was knocked out in brutal fashion as he lost his title in Las Vegas, taking a heavy beating in the second round of his rematch against heavy-hitting Cameroonian Ngannou.

Unable to go 2-0 in a grudge match series with his rival, Miocic missed out on a chance to surpass Randy Couture with seven title wins in the division and set up a super fight with Jon Jones.

“He’s alright, still my hero!” ran the caption to Ryan Marie Miocic’s post.

The post was accompanied by a photo of the couple that showed the 38-year-old brawler, although banged up, looking far better than he had at the end of the encounter while raising a smile from his hospital bed.

Despite his advancing years and the savage nature of his fourth defeat, there hasn’t been any talk of Miocic winding up his career yet. 

His legacy as the greatest UFC heavyweight of all time is considered secure among many commentators for now, and there is still the possibility of a trilogy clash with Ngannou to match his 2-1 series win against Jon Jones’ bitter foe, Daniel Cormier.

To Jones’ and perhaps Miocic’s dismay, Ngannou looks to be moving past them and on to another revenge bout.

Despite ‘The Predator’ calling Jones out following his impressive win, UFC president Dana White wants Ngannou to face Derrick Lewis once more instead.
Also on rt.com ‘I’m ready’: Francis Ngannou eyes Jon Jones fight after brutally knocking out Stipe Miocic to become UFC heavyweight champ (VIDEO)

RT

Presented by
RT.com

Children's picture book on Dr. Anthony Fauci set for June release

Children's picture book on Dr. Anthony Fauci set for June release

The picture book follows Fauci through his upbringing in Brooklyn, all the way to his role working with seven U.S. presidents on some of the biggest health crises.

WASHINGTON — Dr. Anthony Fauci, the nation’s top infectious disease expert, will soon be the subject of his very own children’s picture book. 
“Dr. Fauci: How a Boy from Brooklyn Became America’s Doctor” follows Fauci from his upbringing in Brooklyn through medical school and onto the challenges he faced in his role working with seven U.S. presidents, according to the book’s description.  
“Before he was Dr. Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, Anthony Fauci was a curious boy in Brooklyn, delivering prescriptions from his father’s pharmacy on his blue Schwinn bicycle,” the summary for the picture book biography states. It’ll also include Fauci’s own tips for future scientists. 
The book’s author, Kate Messner, on Sunday revealed the cover art for the picture book.  
Fauci quickly became one of the central figures in the U.S. fight against the COVID-19 pandemic. 
He served on President Donald Trump’s White House coronavirus task force and frequently appeared early on at the daily press briefings. Last fall, Fauci pushed back on Trump’s assertions that the U.S. was “rounding the turn” even before COVID-19 vaccines were approved. Just days before the U.S. presidential election, Trump suggested he would fire Fauci if he won re-election. 
Fauci now also serves as President Joe Biden’s chief medical advisor. 
During a round of morning show interviews earlier this month, Fauci urged Trump to use his popularity among Republicans to persuade his followers to get the COVID-19 vaccine. 
“Dr. Fauci: How a Boy from Brooklyn Became America’s Doctor” will be released on June 29, 2021. 
RELATED: Fauci: Trump should urge his followers to get vaccinated
RELATED: Dr. Fauci presents his personal coronavirus model to Smithsonian
RELATED: Fauci wins $ 1 million for “defending science”
RELATED: Biden keeping Fauci as a chief medical adviser
RELATED: President Trump suggests he might be firing Dr. Fauci after election
The Associated Press contributed to this report. 

Andrea Bocelli teases live show with daughter Virginia Bocelli in family backstage picture

Andrea Bocelli teases live show with daughter Virginia Bocelli in family backstage picture
Andrea Bocelli has spent much of the lockdown at home in Tuscany, Italy. However, in recent months the tenor has promoted his new album Believe with specially recorded and socially distanced performances elsewhere in the country and even at St Paul’s Cathedral in London. Now the 62-year-old is back in Florida with his family, having visited Tampa before returning to their second home in Miami.
While in Tampa, Andrea shared photos of himself at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel and Casino, where he’s been performing with his daughter Virginia.

And now it looks like the eight-year-old, who debuted professionally with her father back in December with a cover of Leonard Cohen’s Hallelujah, may have performed alongside her father once again in Miami.

In Andrea’s latest snap, he sits backstage, presumably at another show, with his daughter in the same formal outfits they were wearing in Tampa.

The pair are joined by Andrea’s wife and Virginia’s mother, Veronica Berti. Of course, it’s possible that Virginia didn’t sing this time and was just there to support her father backstage, but considering the previous photos of them singing together in Tampa, it does seem likely she did.

READ MORE: Andrea Bocelli tour dates: How to get tickets for the Italian tenor

Veronica said: “As soon as we stepped out into the warm Miami air, Andrea said, ‘I’m buying a house here,’ and he asked me to explore the options.

“I found a house in Keystone Point that was listed that day by the owner, and when we went to visit it, I fell in love at first sight.

“We bought it 12 hours later. It’s a Colonial-inspired contemporary house with seven bedrooms and a big living room by the pool. It faces the bay and sea.”

Andrea also shared how he visits the US at least three times a year and enjoys a few days of the Florida sun, while admitting he’s had a couple of Christmases there too.

Andrea admitted he continues to practice daily so as not to get rusty as a professional.

He said: “At home, I practice singing every day. The day I stop doing it, I will not be a singer anymore!

“And then I play the piano in my living room in Miami, as I do in my house in Tuscany.”

Andrea Bocelli’s new album Believe is out now.

Freddie Mercury: Queen drummer Roger Taylor shares touching party picture with late singer

Freddie Mercury: Queen drummer Roger Taylor shares touching party picture with late singer
This year marks 30 years since Queen singer Freddie Mercury died, but his incredible legacy lives on into the 21st century. The band continues today as Brian May and Roger Taylor with singer Adam Lambert, who regularly talk of Freddie publicly and post tributes to him on social media. Now the Queen drummer has shared a throwback party snap with his pal Freddie.
Roger simply shared a black and white photo without a description with him and Freddie posing.

The Queen singer has short hair and his famous moustache while holding a glass of wine, dressed in a T-shirt.

Taylor sits next to him holding one too while wearing a leather jacket and tie.

Fans took to the comments with emotional responses to the touching snap.

READ MORE: Freddie Mercury: Queen drummer Roger Taylor shares a touching picture

It turns out Roger first thought Freddie’s singing was “pure shock” when they first performed with him at Truro City Hall as proto-Queen band Smile.

The 71-year-old admitted: “And he wasn’t as good then as he became, he became an awful lot better.

“He had quite an extraordinary voice and he just got better and better and better.”

This year is the 50th anniversary of Queen’s final line-up, marking when John Deacon joined the band as bassist in 1971.

When Express.co.uk spoke with Brian May last year he admitted that he and Roger simply want to celebrate that they’re still going.

The 73-year-old said: “We want to celebrate being alive and being live. That would be the greatest thing to celebrate.

“I don’t really care how long it’s been, to be honest. I’m just grateful that we’re here.”

Perhaps Queen: Alive and Live would be a good 50th-anniversary logo then?