Tag Archives: pull

Morrisons launches bargain draught beer pump to pull pints at home ahead of big match

Multiple supermarkets and brands launched new products and deals ahead of the Euros 2020 football tournament, which kicked off last weekend. Some companies, like Morrisons, have introduced items especially for tonight’s England v Scotland match.

It is designed to fit any 5L keg.

However, the bargain product is available for a limited time only.

Another product that the supermarket has recently launched is the Mitec Mipix Mini Projector.

Costing, £70, this gadget allows fans to watch the game on a bigger and better screen than their normal television.

The Best of Europe Pizza is 14 inches in size and combines flavours associated with the biggest nations in the tournament, including Germany, Spain, Portugal, and Italy.

Divided into quarters, the pizza is topped with frankfurter sausages and red onion, chorizo and chargrilled peppers, mozzarella and pesto, and spicy peri peri chicken.

Additionally, there is the Hot Daddy Double Decker pizza, topped with tomato sauce, cheese, and hot chilli.

The second pizza, stacked on top, is loaded with spicy pepperoni, salami, and Monterey Jack Cheese.

Both pizzas cost £3.89 and are available to buy at Morrisons now.

This article contains affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission on any sales of products or services we write about. This article was written completely independently, see more details here.

Author:
This post originally appeared on Daily Express :: Life and Style Feed
Read More

Boris Johnson hits out at UEFA threat to pull Wembley Euro 2020 final 'We'll keep UK safe'

“Sensible accommodations” can be made with UEFA over whether VIPs and foreign fans will get access to England for key Euro 2020 matches, says Prime Minister Boris Johnson. He confirmed discussions with European football’s governing body were being held over the Euro 2020 semi-finals and final, which are due to be held at London’s Wembley Stadium. 

It has been claimed the games could be moved to Hungary, where COVID rues are more relaxed.

Under current UK guidelines, travellers arriving from ‘amber’ and ‘red-list’ countries must quarantine upon arrival for 10 days. The semi-finals of Euro 2020 will be on July 6 and 7, and the finals on July 11.

Asked if the government would allow quarantine exemptions for UEFA VIPs and fans, Johnson said: “We’ll do what we have to do to keep the country safe from COVID, that’s obviously going to be our priority.

“We’ll be talking to UEFA about what they want and see if we can make some sensible accommodations.

“But the priority obviously has to be public health.”

Ministers are tabling plans to allow around 2,500 UEFA and FIFA VIPs to skip the quarantine period in order to attend matches at Wembley stadium.

They would also be allowed to attend meetings and training sessions with the UK government.

It is understood ministers are fearful UEFA could move the semi-finals and finals of the Euro 2020 tournament to Hungary if they do not ease restrictions.

Hungary will have no restrictions for travel within the Schengen zone from next week and have hosted games with full stadiums so far at Euro 2020.

With the exception of England, Wales and Scotland, every national team competing at the tournament – apart from Turkey, who are on the ‘red list – is on the ‘amber list’.

According to The Times, cabinet ministers are aware any exemption for UEFA and FIFA could cause controversy as millions of Britons are unable to skip the restrictions.

Government officials are also concerned over the risk of a cluster of Covid cases, or the risk of infecting officials as Delta variant cases spike.

However, Boris Johnson is said to be drawn to the idea as the UK could boost joint Home Nations bidding efforts for the 2030 World Cup.

Aleksander Ceferin, UEFA president, also told the Government last week that Britain’s border restrictions were too strict compared with those in the EU.

He warned other European cities were willing and able to host matches scheduled to be played at Wembley.

On Thursday, another 195,565 first doses and 234,834 second doses of coronavirus vaccine were administered.

So far the UK has given out 42,216,654 first doses and 30,675,207 second doses, equalling 80.1 per cent and 58.2 per cent of the population respectively.

Author:
This post originally appeared on Daily Express :: Sport Feed

Michelle Dewberry's spat with drinks firm after they pull GB News ads

GB News presenter Michelle Dewberry has got into a row with a popular drinks brand after they pulled their adverts from the news channel.

Kopparberg, which makes the popular brand of ciders, has withdrawn their series of adverts from the channel, which launched on Sunday evening, after claiming the adverts ran “without our knowledge or consent.”

Read more: The man Hull murder detectives want to speak to about Corey Dobbe killing

Following a tweet which aimed to support advertisers on the channel, which has come under fire from some who are dubious about its ‘anti-woke’ stance, the drinks company instead, seemingly misunderstanding the pro-GB News tweet, responded by saying: “Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

“We want to make it clear to everyone that our ad ran on this channel without our knowledge or consent.

“Kopparberg is a drink for everyone and we have immediately suspended our ads from this channel pending further review of its content.”

To sign up for the Hull Live newsletter, click here.

Michelle Dewberry made her debut on GB News

Michelle, the former Apprentice winner who hails from Hull and is fronting her own show, Dewbs&Co, was clearly unimpressed and tweeted to her 114k followers: “Imagine being @KopparbergUK and saying with a straight face that ‘you are a drink for everyone’ and then wanting to pull ads from a section of viewers.

“Either you are indeed a ‘drink for everyone’ or you’re not.”

Many of Michelle’s followers jumped in to support her stance and vowed to boycott Kopparberg.

One posted: “I think you will discover that @GBNEWS is a channel for everyone. I would be interested to hear a thorough explanation if you find otherwise.

“In the meantime I have just returned 24 bottles Kopparberg to the supermarket and swapped them for Bulmers.”

Another wrote: “If you boycott this show, a perfectly balanced, unbiased, media network, I will boycott your brand and I’m almost certain I’m responsible for at least a third of Kopparberg sales in the UK.”

A third said: “What an outrageous response! I have one bottle of Kopparberg left in my fridge and it will be my last. These vile companies that don’t believe in free speech or freedom of thought do not deserve our custom.”

Author: [email protected] (Lisa Baxter)
This post originally appeared on Hull Live – Celebs & TV

Brexit row erupts as UK gears up to pull out of €100bn EU scheme – fury at 'point scoring'

Government insiders have accused the EU of “purposely going slow” in approving British participation in Horizon Europe. Tensions between the EU and UK have been building over trade and the controversial Northern Ireland protocol.

Speaking to the Daily Telegraph a top Whitehall source suggested the delay in fully admitting Britain to Horizon Europe is “politically driven”.

They argued Brussels is attempting to put pressure on the UK over Northern Ireland customs checks which are infuriating unionists.

Horizon Europe is the EU’s main research and innovation programme.

It provides grants to institutions and encourages Europe wide cooperation.

According to the Telegraph Downing Street is keen for Britain to participate, but not at any cost.

Unless access is sorted the UK could withdraw from the programme altogether.

Speaking to the paper a Government source said: “The UK remains open to these programmes on the right terms, but the overall attractiveness is being called into question by the EU’s political point-scoring.

“This approach goes against the requirements of the agreement reached with the EU just six months ago, and we expect a swift resolution.

READ MORE: Nicola Sturgeon’s humiliation as she was forced to condemn independence banner

Under the terms of Boris Johnson’s trade agreement Northern Ireland remains closely tied to the European single market, to prevent a hard border with the Republic.

However this means customs checks are required on goods travelling between Northern Ireland and the rest of the UK.

Unionists argue this is an unacceptable infringement on British sovereignty, and have blamed it for some supermarket shortages in the province.

Earlier this year the UK unilaterally decided to delay imposing some customs checks, triggering a furious reaction from Brussels.

The EU has now launched legal action against Britain and is threatening additional retaliatory measures.

Loyalist rioting across Northern Ireland in April was attributed in part to anger over the protocol.

Edwin Poots, the new DUP leader, is demanding major concessions from Brussels.

Earlier this month he announced new Brexit checks on pets travelling between Northern Ireland and Great Britain will be delayed.

He commented: “I have written to the EU on behalf of the people of Northern Ireland, highlighting that these requirements for pet travel are not necessary.

“Given that the last case of rabies on these islands was in 1922, these are unnecessary medical interventions.

“This issue is yet another example of why the Northern Ireland Protocol is not fit for purpose.”

Author:
This post originally appeared on Daily Express :: UK Feed

Dereck Chisora threatens to pull out of Joseph Parker bout over ring walk row

Author:
This post originally appeared on Daily Express :: Sport Feed

Saturday night’s heavyweight clash between Dereck Chisora and former world champion Joseph Parker could be sensationally scrapped after Chisora threatened to walk away from the bout.

Arguments erupted backstage as Chisora refused to walk to the ring first, despite Parker’s status as a former WBO world heavyweight champion.

While Parker is a former champion, Chisora is listed first on the fight posters, with the fight being marketed predominantly in the U.K.

And, after the pair weighed in for their heavyweight clash, the two fighters faced off before the two camps engaged in animated debate over who would walk first.

“We’re having an argument right now, in the back there,” a disgruntled Chisora told Sky Sports after the faceoff.

“They want to do a coin flip for who comes in the ring first and who comes in the ring second.

“I’m like, ‘Nah! Not doing that!’ I come in second otherwise I’m going home, right now.”

When asked how things might be resolved, Chisora shrugged, “I don’t know. Listen, I’m not in a good mood right now.”

Chisora’s stance appeared to take everybody present by surprise, including his own manager, former world heavyweight champion David Haye, who admitted the whole episode made no sense to him.

“I genuinely can’t see the fight happening if Derek’s told to come (to the ring) first,” Chisora’s manager and former heavyweight champion David Haye told Sky Sports.

“I know it makes zero sense. He agreed it. He signed the contract and he’s be breaking the whole (thing).

“He’s that guy. He just doesn’t care, and unfortunately, that’s what it is.”

Haye said Parker “should walk second,” but Parker smiled off the furore, as he simply said, “It’s just more drama!”

The New Zealander is riding a four-fight win streak after suffering back-to-back unanimous decision losses to Anthony Joshua and Dillian Whyte, with the former taking his WBO heavyweight title in the process.

And he said he’s ready to continue his good form with a fifth straight victory.

“It’s fight time now,” Parker told Sky Sports.

“It’s time for business. We’re here to fight, we’re ready.

“We’ve had no problems with weight. The body is healthy and fresh and ready to go.

“I want to knock him out. I’ll certainly beat him, but I want to knock him out. That’s what I want to do.”

Chisora weighed in at 17 stone, 12 pounds, while Parker came in nine pounds lighter, at 17 stone 3.

Gary Lineker forced to pull out of BT Sport Champions League coverage

Author: [email protected] (Jake Polden)
This post originally appeared on Mirror – Football

Gary Lineker has been forced to pull out of BT Sport’s coverage of the Champions League due to a Covid scare.

Lineker announced the news on Twitter just one hour before kick-off writing: “Massively disappointed not to be on BT Sport tonight for such a great game.

“A late shout after a positive Covid test to an important member of our team.

“Obeyed our strict social distancing guidelines, but it was decided to be ultra cautious & get tested before returning to work.”

Gary Lineker has been forced to pull out of BT Sport's coverage of the Champions League
Gary Lineker has been forced to pull out of BT Sport’s coverage of the Champions League

Lineker was on air last night to provide coverage on Real Madrid’s 1-1 draw with Chelsea.

He was set to host Wednesday night’s fixture between Paris Saint-Germain and Manchester City in a BT Sport studio in Stratford, east London, but has been forced to pull out.

Current Covid rules state that if you come into contact with someone who is infected with the virus, then you must self-isolate for 10 days.

Stand-in host Jake Humphrey also revealed the news on BT Sport.

He said: “There is no Gary Lineker tonight as unfortunately one of the team from last night has today had a positive Covid test result.

“As a precaution we have decided that no-one from yesterday’s team returns until they have been tested and declared completely safe to do so.”

‘I hope others follow their lead’: UK PM Johnson commends Chelsea and Man City as clubs set to pull out of Super League

UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson has praised Chelsea and Manchester City as the two clubs were set to extricate themselves from the ill-fated European Super League (ESL).

Amid ongoing outrage from fans, the news broke on Tuesday night that Chelsea and Man City would look to back out of the breakaway ESL just hours after announcing they were among the 12 rebel clubs who would be part of the controversial new project.

The pair had been among six English teams – along with Manchester United, Arsenal, Tottenham and Liverpool – who were founder members of the ESL, which would be headed up by Real Madrid chairman Florentino Perez.  
Also on rt.com Roman Abramovich ‘pulling Chelsea out of European Super League’ as protests stun viewers ahead of Premier League match (VIDEO)
Criticism of the plans had spewed forth ever since they were announced on Sunday night, with UEFA and FIFA both suggesting that any players participating in the league would be banned from international football.

Threats were also suggested that the clubs should be kicked out of domestic competitions such as the English Premier League.

UK leader Johnson had been among the most prominent politicians to condemn the plans for the Super League, with claims it would lead to a ‘closed shop’ among the European footballing elite, disregarding the notion of free competition and also trampling over the wishes of fans.

As it emerged on Tuesday that City and Chelsea were set to walk away, Johnson urged others to follow in their footsteps.

“The decision by Chelsea and Manchester City is – if confirmed – absolutely the right one and I commend them for it,” Johnson tweeted.

“I hope the other clubs involved in the European Super League will follow their lead.”

Elsewhere, UK secretary for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport, Oliver Dowden, vowed a review to ensure that “this never happens again.” 

“Good news that Chelsea and City have seen sense, and I urge the rest to follow swiftly,” Dowden wrote. 

“The whole ESL move shows how out-of-touch these owners are. They have completely misjudged the strength of feeling from fans, players and the whole country. Football is for the fans.

“Our fan-led review will still happen and I remain convinced of the need for reform. We must make sure this never happens again.”

Speaking on Monday, Johnson had said he didn’t “like the look of these proposals” for the Super League and that they would be “very damaging for football.” 

The UK government had also suggested it would look at legal means to stop the six rebel English teams from joining the league by using “a legislative bomb.”
Also on rt.com Breakaway European Super League bad news for fans & ‘very damaging for football’, UK PM Boris Johnson says
That will likely not be necessary now, as the nascent ESL seems set for crisis talks over whether it can go ahead at all, following one of the most astonishing and turbulent 48-hour periods football has ever seen.

RT

This article originally appeared on RT Sport News

Presented by
RT.com

Bystander tried to pull man from burning car after SW Houston crash

HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) — A trapped driver of a vehicle that had crashed Saturday in southwest Houston died after it caught fire, despite attempts to free him from the wreckage, witnesses said.It happened on South Gessner near Meadowland Drive.

The vehicle crashed into part of a bridge and rolled over, witnesses said. The vehicle’s fuel tank was ruptured in the collision and ignited.A bystander tried to free the driver from the car but couldn’t get him out before flames consumed it, witnesses told ABC13.

The driver’s identity was not immediately released, and the cause of the crash was still under investigation. Speed may have been a factor in the crash, witnesses said.

Copyright © 2021 KTRK-TV. All Rights Reserved.

KTRK

‘Talk about precision’: Fans amazed as French ace Griezmann and wife pull off remarkable hat-trick of baby dates

Fans online have reacted to a unusual phenomenon pulled off by Antoine Griezmann and his wife.

At 10.24 this morning in Spain, the World Cup winner and his partner Erika Choperena welcomed daughter Alba to the world. 

She joins Mia, 5, and Amaro, 2, as the forward was excused from training by his club FC Barcelona on the eve of El Clasico.

But the Griezmann siblings share something unheard of, in that they were apparently all born on the same day, April 8, which means that Mia and Amaro celebrated their birthday today and were given a younger sister as a present.

The development has amused fans on social media no end. 

Taking to Twitter to reply to a series of posts on the matter, their wisecracks rolled in with regards to an accomplishment that rivals winning Les Bleus their second world title in Russia in 2018.

“Talk about precision” quipped one, while others pointed out that Grizi “scored a hat trick on April 8”, “scheduled his kids” or purposely targeted being intimate with his wife on July 15.

Amaro appears likely to be a World Cup final baby.

On said mid-summer date three years ago, Griezmann scored the penalty that put Didier Deschamps’ men 2-1 ahead of Croatia at the Luzhniki Stadium, before they romped home to a 4-2 win in which he was announced Man of the Match.

Now an integral part of Ronald Koeman’s plans at the Camp Nou, the 30-year-old can cap a perfect week by helping Barca beat bitter rivals Real Madrid on Saturday and finally reach the La Liga summit. 
Also on rt.com ‘Incredible’: Irate Messi suggests referee wanted to show him yellow card which would have ruled Barcelona star out of Clasico

RT

Presented by
RT.com