For fans wanting to know more about today’s big Warzone update, there will be plenty being shared by developers Treyarch in the coming hours.
We already have the headlines, including what new weapons, modes and items will be making their debut on July 15 in Warzone.
A new Call of Duty Sentry Gun Killstreak looks set to create all kinds of mayhem in Verdansk, especially toward the final circle.
Gamers will be able to set up the automated rapid-fire turret in most locations and scans in a near-180-degree radius in front of itself to seek and destroy enemies.
It executes this pattern for at least a minute after deployment before collapsing via the normal harmless explosion used in Warzone.
But while the Sentry Gun could prove to be the winning decoy to secure the final elimination, it will only be found as an extremely rare Legendary item drop within a Red Door room Supply Box.
So while the Sentry Gun will be an incredible tool to have, it won’t be easy to find and use in every match.
The OTs 9 SMG will be a new machine gun that will be available to unlock later today and could be another big game-changer.
We don’t know how big an impact it will have but Activision describes it as a weapon that boasts solid damage at a high fire-rate, and can be compared to the Bullfrog in terms of damage and fire rate.
The downside will be the 40-round maximum ammo round available in a clip but it could still prove to be popular after it arrives.
More changes to weapons are expected to be confirmed in today’s patch notes, including what is being nerfed and what is getting a buff.
But until we have access to the full Warzone Season 4 patch notes, here’s the early news shared by Treyarch this week:
Warzone has received several innovations since its launch, from in-game events like the Haunting of Verdansk to Resurgence modes, and even a bit of 50v50 rumbling.
Now, as part of Season Four Reloaded, the massive free-to-play experience introduces its newest objective based mode: Payload.
Inspired by previous traditional Call of Duty game modes like Call of Duty®: WWII’s War Mode, Payload pits two teams of 20 players against each other in a race against time for crucial intel, as these vehicles carry satellite parts that could help shift the balance of the war between Perseus and NATO.
Ahead of Season Four Reloaded, we’re here to warn you that the Warzone can, and will, turn into a Blueprint Blitz.
Similar to Double XP weekends, Raven Software is planning to activate a new special global event where Contraband Contracts automatically spawn after you complete two regular Contracts. Contraband Contracts award you with a permanent Weapon Blueprint reward if you’re able to extract it from the DZ, in addition to tons of Cash within your current match.
There is plenty more that will be included in Season Four Reloaded for Warzone, which Raven is set to cover in its patch notes blog. But for now, one more important update is the introduction of Battle Pass and Store Bundle Gifting feature from Black Ops Cold War.
This week’s Season 4 Reloaded release date has been scheduled for July 15, and will include plenty of new content for Call of Duty Cold War.
Activision is planning on launching its big patch tonight, meaning you’ll be able to download COD update 1.20 at around 5am BST across all platforms.
A message from the Treyarch development revealed this week: “Across all modes, players can get their hands on the new rapid-fire OTs 9 SMG via in-game challenge or Store Bundle starting with the launch of Season Four Reloaded.
“Later in the season, melee fans will get access to the brutal Mace weapon, which will receive quite the damage upgrade in Zombies along with the rest of the Melee category (see notes below).
“Looking for some extra XP every day? Starting this week, completing your first Daily Challenge of the day in Multiplayer or Zombies will now unlock a new Daily 2XP Token Reward.
“Each day you play, a new randomly selected 2XP or 2X Weapon XP Token will become available. If you don’t complete a Daily Challenge that day, you’ll miss out on that day’s 2XP reward, so be sure to complete at least one Daily Challenge every day to maximize your XP gains.”
That’s without mentioning everything that is being planned for Zombies mode, which is getting a fresh map to explore.
It should be noted that there will also be a new main quest to complete but that won’t be going live until 6pm BST.
Mauer der Toten will expand on the current story, which includes battling new undead enemies with an exclusive Wonder Weapon.
This new weapon will be exclusive to the Mauer Der Toten map, with Treyarch telling gamers this week:
“Your mission: eliminate the undead threat and capture the traitor responsible for the horrors that have overtaken the city, or Requiem’s pilot – known by the call sign “Raptor-1” – will pay with his life.
“Luckily for you, “Mauer der Toten” is loaded with new weaponry to unleash against the horde, including the new-and-improved Mule Kick Perk, LT53 Kazimir Tactical device, robotic Klaus AI helper, and the CRBR-S Wonder Weapon with four total variants to choose from.”
A full rundown of the Call of Duty Cold War patch notes can be found below:
Daily 2XP Token Reward
New Daily 2XP Token Reward can now be earned by completing your first Daily Challenge of the day in Multiplayer or Zombies.
Return each day for a new 2XP or 2X Weapon XP Token Reward.
You can only earn one 2XP Token per day. If you don’t complete a Challenge that day, you’ll miss out on that day’s 2XP Token reward.
High Resolution Texture Packs (PlayStation 5)
PlayStation 5 players will have high resolution textures moved to opt-in downloadable packs for Multiplayer, Zombies, and Dead Ops Arcade 3. These will no longer be installed by default, and players will need to download these packs for the best visual experience going forward.
Upon boot-up, players will be prompted to install the packs or cancel the download. If the player cancels, these packs will be available for download via the in-game Store.
“Mauer der Toten”
New Perk available in the Mule Kick Perk Machine in “Mauer der Toten” and in Der Wunderfizz in “Die Maschine,” “Firebase Z,” and Outbreak.
Base ability: Carry a third primary weapon.
Skill Tier I: Crafted Equipment grants an additional Equipment if able.
Skill Tier II: All enemies have a small chance to drop ammo.
Skill Tier III: Stowed weapons slowly refill ammo from stock.
Skill Tier IV: 25% chance to keep non-retrievable Equipment when used.
Skill Tier V: Third primary weapon is recovered when repurchasing Mule Kick.
New Wonder Weapon available exclusively in “Mauer der Toten.”
Base pistol weapon with three Mod Kit variants.
Zombies killed with any version of the weapon have a chance to drop one of the three Mod Kits.
Equipping a Mod Kit will convert the weapon to one of its variant forms.
New Tactical Equipment that can be found as a drop or crafted at the Crafting Table in round-based maps and Outbreak.
When deployed, creates a portal that pulls in enemies.
Players who jump into the portal will be teleported to another location.
Added new Zombies Challenges for “Mauer der Toten,” including a new Dark Ops Challenge.
Addressed an issue where the Season Four “Staycation” Challenge could be completed at the wrong round.
Dynamic Wall Buys
Wall Buy weapons in all round-based Zombies maps will now have a chance to increase in rarity at the end of every fifth round, giving players more weapon options to choose from as the rounds go up.
Rarities can increase all the way to Legendary.
Weapon Unlock Challenges
Weapon Tuning (Zombies Only)
Increased critical damage multiplier from 3.5 to 4.5.
Increased Stock Ammo from 42 to 60.
SWISS KH3353 (Pack-A-Punched)
Increased critical damage multiplier from 3.5 to 4.5.
Increased Stock Ammo from 24 to 30.
Head Cannon (Pack-A-Punched)
Sniper Rifle Charlie
Increased max damage from 150 to 175.
Increased Stock Ammo from 30 to 50.
Increased max damage from 250 to 275.
Increased critical damage multiplier from 4.0 to 5.0.
Pellegrino della Morte (Pack-A-Punched)
LW3 – Tundra
Increased critical damage multiplier from 3.5 to 4.0.
Increased Stock Ammo from 30 to 35.
Dead Ops Arcade 3
Players should now see a wider variety in bonus room distribution.
Adjustments to points awarded for Gladiator and Warden kills.
Minor adjustments to item spawns.
Doubled Egg pickup base health.
Increased Golden Egg health by 40%.
Reduced Egg hatch cycle so that Eggs now hatch faster.
Eggs are now less jumpy, and should not jump as high or as far in general.
Call of Duty fans are counting down to the release of the mid-season Reloaded update.
The Season 4 mid-season update will add new content to both Call of Duty Warzone and Black Ops Cold War.
Season 4 Reloaded has a July 15 release date. UK players will be able to jump in and enjoy the action from 5am BST UK time.
If you want to make sure you’re ready to go the moment the new season goes live, then you’ll need to pre-load the Warzone and Cold War updates.
According to Activision, the Season 4 Reloaded update will be available to download early.
“The Season Four Reloaded update will be available for Black Ops Cold War on July 13 at 9 PM PT and will be available for Warzone July 14 at 9 PM PT,” Activision explains.
For UK fans, the Cold War update will be available to download at 5am BST on July 14. The Warzone update can be downloaded at 5am BST on July 15.
The Cold War update weighs in at 21 GB on Xbox Series X/S, 18 GB on PS5, 14.5 GB on PS4, 13 GB on PC, and 11.4 GB on Xbox One.
Elsewhere, the Warzone update weighs in at 8.9 GB on PS5 and PS4, 9.2 GB on Xbox Series X/S and Xbox One, as well as 9.2 GB on PC.
Arguably the headline new feature is the Mauer Der Toten Zombies map, which is set after the events of Operation Excision.
The new map sees Requiem agents explore a war-torn Berlin map overrun by zombies.
“Agents will navigate through the dark streets, lit only by spotlights, street lamps, and long-abandoned vehicles, to reach various key landmarks and structures, including a U-Bahn where flaming trains carry undead passengers to parts unknown.
“They won’t be alone, however, if they can find a way to activate a new robotic companion, Klaus, who will help them defeat the undead.”
Other new features include a Wonder Weapon with four unique variants, fast-travel ziplines and new enemies.
As for Black Ops Cold War, Activision is bringing back classic Black Ops 2 map Rush.
“A remastered map from Call of Duty: Black Ops II’s Vengeance DLC pack, Rush is a small-sized 6v6 map that takes place in and around a paintball course.
“This chaotic arena offers multiple opportunities for up-close-and-personal combat, with narrow choke zones to scurry through and a scattering of exterior structures offering longer-range takedown possibilities.”
The paintball-themed map will be joined by a new Paintball game mode later in the season.
Season Four Reloaded launches with new Multiplayer, Zombies, and Warzone content, including the newest round-based Zombies map “Mauer der Toten,” the return of Rush to Multiplayer, and new game modes like the classic Capture the Flag.
Warzone’s first ever objective based mode: Payload with fresh new content like Blueprint Blitz, Sentry Gun, and more.
Invite your friends to play during Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Free Access Week from July 22 to July 29.
Season Four Reloaded launches on July 15 in Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold Warand Warzone for Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One, bringing a new round-based Zombies map, the newest Warzone objective mode, free new Multiplayer content, and a whole lot more.
The Next Zombies Chapter: “Mauer der Toten”
A new war is brewing in the Dark Aether universe. Welcome to “Mauer der Toten,” Treyarch’s newest round-based Zombies experience where Requiem agents will explore a ravaged Berlin after a zombie invasion takes over the city.
Navigate through dark streets and a zombie-filled U-Bahn, and call-in support from Klaus, a new robot companion who aids the team in their mission to survive. “Mauer der Toten” also brings ziplines, a new Wonder Weapon, and a slew of secrets and surprises for Zombies fans to discover.
New Perk: Mule Kick
Stack your arsenal using the new Mule Kick Perk-a-Cola, found in its own signature machine in “Mauer der Toten” and stocked in Der Wunderfizz machines throughout Zombies. Take a swig and carry three weapons as opposed to the default two.
New Tactical Equipment and Wonder Weapon
Head to a Crafting Table to engineer the new LT53 Kazimir Grenade, the latest piece of Tactical Equipment. The Grenade’s black hole-like effects will suck in undead creatures, neutralizing them in the process. Jump in after them if you dare.
Get your hands on a new Wonder Weapon with the CRBR-S, an energy-based pistol with three unique upgrade paths that completely change the weapon with each Mod Kit installed.
Rush and Capture the Flag Return to Multiplayer
Rush (6v6): Remastered from Call of Duty: Black Ops II, Rush is a small-sized 6v6 map that takes place in and around a speedball course. Prepare for chaotic skirmishes through narrow choke zones and around the exterior paintball structures.
Capture the Flag: In this classic game mode, teams must take the enemy flag and return it to their base while defending their own from the enemy team. A flag will not be captured unless a team’s own flag is safe in their base, so squads must have both a good offense and defense to win the match.
Earn Two New Weapons
Season Four Reloaded includes two new weapons, unlocked by completing their in-game challenges or by picking up a Blueprint version in the in-game Store. These weapons can be used in Multiplayer, Zombies, and Warzone.
OTs 9 (Launch Week) — Inflict solid damage at a high fire rate with the OTs 9 submachine gun. Sure to be a favorite among Operators who prefer close-quarters battle, this SMG is comparable to the Bullfrog in terms of damage and fire rate.
Mace (Launch Week) — Get medieval and knock away enemy Operators and the undead alike using the new Mace melee weapon. Only the strong need apply.
Warzone Adds Payload, Blueprint Blitz, Sentry Gun, and More
New Mode: Payload
The massive free-to-play Battle Royale introduces its first-ever objective-based mode: Payload. Inspired by large-scale game modes like Call of Duty: WWII’sWar Mode, Payload pits two teams of 20 players against each other in a race against time for crucial intel.
The attacking team must escort vehicles across all checkpoints within the time limit to win the match. It’s up to the defending team to keep that from happening.
Look for Payload in the Featured Playlist Rotation as part of Season Four Reloaded.
New Event: Blueprint Blitz
Yearning for some of the earlier Weapon Blueprints you missed out on? In this new event type, a Contraband Contract will automatically spawn after completing two regular Contracts, giving you a permanent Weapon Blueprint reward if you’re able to extract it from the DZ. Not a bad way to fill out your arsenal later in the season.
New Killstreak: Sentry Gun
In need of some extra firepower? The latest Killstreak to be introduced in Warzone, the Sentry Gun scans in a near 180-degree radius to detect and attack enemy Operators. If you’re lucky, you’ll discover this new Legendary item within a Red Door room supply box.
The Growing Mystery of the Red Doors
The bravest Operators have entered the red door, stepping out into parts unknown. Further intel suggests that these Red Doors will appear [[REDACTED]] and take you to [[REDACTED]]. As Perseus sleeper cells are still at large in Verdansk, we caution you to [[REDACTED]].
Hot New Deal! Special: Ops Pro Pack
Head to the in-game Store to purchase the new Special Ops: Pro Pack, a six-item bundle featuring two Legendary Weapon Blueprints and a Legendary Portnova Operator Skin, plus a Calling Card and Emblem. Topping it off is a massive 2,400 COD Points that can be used in the Store for another bundle or Battle Pass purchase.
Black Ops Cold War Free Access
Invite your friends to participate in the Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Free Access Week taking place July 22 to July 29. Trial participants will gain access to various Multiplayer and Zombies experiences, including the new Rush map and the full Zombies experience of “Mauer der Toten!”
More in Season Four
Get all this and more in Season Four Reloaded, new challenges in Zombies, new League Play rewards, new Prestige Shop Blueprints, and more. Get new Bundles in the in-game store like the “Tracer Pack: Weaver” Operator Bundle, “Tracer Pack: Firestorm Maxis Mastercraft,” “Tracer Pack: Mothership Mastercraft,” and “Magma Fury.”
Call of Duty®: Black Ops Cold War – Cross-Gen Bundle
Activision Publishing Inc.
Buy this digital Xbox One version of Call of Duty®: Black Ops Cold War from the Microsoft Store and download the Xbox Series X|S version at no extra cost.
The Cross-Gen Bundle includes:
– Cross-Gen Bundle of Call of Duty®: Black Ops Cold War game
— Includes Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S version
– Confrontation Weapons Pack
– Legendary Captain Price Operator Skin*
The iconic Black Ops series is back with Call of Duty®: Black Ops Cold War – the direct sequel to the original and fan-favorite Call of Duty®: Black Ops.
Black Ops Cold War will drop fans into the depths of the Cold War’s volatile geopolitical battle of the early 1980s. Nothing is ever as it seems in a gripping single-player Campaign, where players will come face-to-face with historical figures and hard truths, as they battle around the globe through iconic locales like East Berlin, Vietnam, Turkey, Soviet KGB headquarters and more.
As elite operatives, you will follow the trail of a shadowy figure named Perseus who is on a mission to destabilize the global balance of power and change the course of history. Descend into the dark center of this global conspiracy alongside iconic characters Woods, Mason and Hudson and a new cast of Operatives attempting to stop a plot decades in the making.
Beyond the Campaign, players will bring a Cold War arsenal of weapons and equipment into the next generation of Multiplayer and Zombies experiences.
Welcome to the brink. Welcome to Call of Duty®: Black Ops Cold War.
*All existing owners and future purchasers of Black Ops Cold War will receive the Legendary Captain Price Operator. Buy Black Ops Cold War and log in to receive this free in-game Legendary Operator Skin. Usable in both Black Ops Cold War and Warzone™.
For more information, please visit www.callofduty.com.
Call of Duty Warzone gamers continue to test out new loadouts for battling it out in Verdansk across PS4, Xbox One and PC.
However, with something that could be the next best loadout in Warzone being touted, fans won’t have long to test it out.
That’s because Call of Duty Warzone Season 4 Reloaded is launching this week and is expected to offer another COD meta shakeup.
Activision has announced that the big Call of Duty Warzone update will be launching on Thursday, July 15, as part of a wider Cold War expansion.
The main focus of the Call of Duty Season 4 Reloaded update will be adding new content to the popular Black Ops Zombies mode.
But as ever, COD fans are prepared for new things in Call of Duty Warzone as well. Like with previous patches, Call of Duty Battle Royale is expected to be one of the last areas to be updated by Activision.
And when this does happen on July 15, Activision is expected to unleash a new wave of weapon tweaks.
These might not be quite as big as past balance patches, as developers Raven Software will be hard at work changing other parts of the game.
But there is a good chance that some overpowered combos could be reduced or have their attachments tweaked.
More news on this subject is expected later today, and for now, gamers have other existing loadouts to try out.
One new combo currently being touted is the XM4, which has proven to be a solid choice following the recent meta changes.
Not only does the XM4 come with plenty of ammo, but it can also be used for close range and mid-range encounters.
This makes it a formidable tool for those COD fans who need as much help as possible winning those final battles in Verdansk.
One YouTube content creator who leads the way in terms of finding the best Warzone loadouts is JGOD, who just released his latest recommendation.
This includes the XM4 and how you can use it to your advantage over clear ranges on PS4, Xbox One and PC.
While the long-range setup for the XM4 has been talked about previously, it has also been revisited since the most recent Warzone patches.
This includes changes made in early July which smoothed out the XM4 recoil, making it a leading combo in Warzone.
The long-range XM4 build being used by JGOD can be found in this YouTube video and includes the following attachments:
Eagle-eyed gamers have noticed that new settings have been added to Call of Duty Warzone this week to help boost accessibility.
Patch Notes from Raven Software confirms as much, revealing that new subtitle options have been added, among a number of other tweaks.
This includes nonverbal sounds now being called out in subtitles in  brackets.
The good news is that this new Warzone setting will apply to all new Operators moving forward starting with Rambo and McClane.
However, it might be worth checking to see whether this benefits you when heading into Verdansk and Rebirth Island.
Raven has also revealed that they have added HoH-like subtitles for baked-in graphics in cinematics, and the team has also put together a new Accessibility Options Menu.
This latest Warzone Settings change is focused on improving support for all gamers, with the new menu providing a pared-down list of settings that are specifically oriented towards accessibility.
A message from Raven Software adds: “Players can access this menu from the main blades menu immediately upon launching the game.
“To do so, launch Warzone and select Accessibility from the button options at the bottom of your screen.
“Alternatively, players can access the Accessibility Options menu from the existing Options menu. To do so, open the Options menu and select Accessibility from the button options at the bottom of your screen.
“Core to our philosophy is ensuring all players across a broad spectrum of ability and disability are able to play and enjoy our content.
“The addition of the Accessibility Options menu supports this vision by bringing more visibility to the available options while increasing ease-of-access.”
It’s been an exciting week for Call of Duty Warzone away from the Season 3 Reloaded, with the development team adding Nvidia DLSS support for PC.
Deep Learning Super Sampling can prove extremely useful in some games as it can boost FPS on PC for gamers, even when running out 4K.
Problems seem to start when using Balanced and Quality settings when playing Call of Duty Warzone.
Lasers can be used to help show your true aim, but most gamers will be turning this option off for the time being.
To turn on DLSS, head to the Graphics tab under the Options menu in Warzone and Modern Warfare and scroll down to the new NVIDIA DLSS option.
You can enable DLSS with one of four parameters: Ultra Performance, Performance, Balanced, or Quality. Depending on whether you’re aiming for greater performance or image quality, Nvidia recommend Quality when playing at 1080p or 1440p, Performance for 4K, and Ultra Performance for 8K.
Players, on the other hand, might be a little put off this latest Warzone setting for the time being.
Call of Duty Cold War patch notes news (Image: ACTIVISION)
UPDATE: The new Call of Duty Cold War Season 3 Reloaded update is out now across all platforms and includes a number of new modes and Zombies content, with most being planned for launch on May 20.
Patch notes can be found at the bottom of this article, which covers the new multiplayer content being planned for Thursday across PS4, Xbox One and PC.
ORIGINAL: A new Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War update is releasing tonight, which will bring Season 3 Reloaded content to the game later this week.
The good news is that developers Treyarch have laid out all their big plans for both Black Ops and Warzone.
Activision has made a lot out of the incoming John McClane and Rambo skins, along with the tie-in content being planned for later this week.
But much of what is being planned for Cold War is connected to new multiplayer maps and Zombies changes.
We already know that Cold War Outbreak is getting a new main quest, as well as two new regions, 56 new Skill Tiers, two new Skill categories, two new Field Upgrades, a new Ammo Mod, and over a dozen Weapon Unlock Challenges.
The main quest will help build towards the launch of a new Zombies map in the coming weeks, with plenty being planned for multiplayer too.
Standoff will be making its Cold War map debut as a 6v6 experience, alongside Duga, which will be a multi-team experience.
The new maps will be available with a fresh lineup of modes, including Die Hardpoint, Rambo’s Gun Game, and Multi-Team Elimination.
Two additional weapons are also going live later in Season 3 in both Cold War and Warzone; an automatic machine pistol and a melee weapon.
These secondary weapons include the Baseball Bat, which won’t arrive in Warzone during Season 4.
Meanwhile, the AMP63: Pistol will be the secondary weapon fans will be most interested in, with Treyarch telling fans this week:
“Slotting in as the fourth sidearm in Black Ops Cold War’s arsenal, this personal defence weapon is a cross between a self-loading pistol and a fully automatic SMG.
“Expect this weapon to output high amounts of damage in a short period of time thanks to its full-auto nature, which makes it highly effective in close quarters.
“Obtain the AMP63 and Baseball Bat during Season Three Reloaded in one of two ways: complete an in-game challenge to obtain the free base weapon or pick up a bundle with a Blueprint version when it appears in the Store.”
More details on today’s Call of Duty update can be found below as part of the early patch notes released by Treyarch:
Call of Duty shows off PC graphics in Black Ops Cold War trailer
Standoff (6v6, Launch)
First introduced in Black Ops II, Standoff is a 6v6 medium-sized map that features a timeless three-lane feel and provides plentiful opportunities for outsmarting your opponents. Remember to check the central building, and always be mindful of a certain exploding van, which has plenty of notoriety within the Call of Duty competitive community…
Duga (Multi-Team, Launch)
Also arriving at the start of Season Three Reloaded is Duga, a new region in the Ural Mountains ready for Multi-Team modes after spending the first half of the season in Outbreak.
Duga offers something for every playstyle, whether you prefer to move through the central admin offices for close-range battles or work your way around the perimeter through the bus depot to the chemical processing plant for long-range battles. If you can’t immediately decide where to hone your skills, try making your way atop the array tower for a tactical view before parachuting off to your destination of choice.
Die Hardpoint (Launch)
Work alongside your squad to capture Hardpoints and eliminate enemies in a race to gain 200 points, or the most points before time expires. Capturing a Hardpoint will give you a movement speed boost (the first of five potential buffs) and set your timer to 30 seconds. But beware: these buffs come at the cost of your life in explosive fashion when the clock hits zero.
This timer can be extended by earning eliminations and playing the objective, so aggressive play will be key to survival. While on your team’s Hardpoint, your timer will be paused, and kills will add 15 seconds to your timer up to a max of 30 seconds. Successive kills will also grant you up to four additional buffs on top of movement speed: weapon handling, ADS speed, slide speed, and a larger explosion for when you inevitably die (only achievable after a five-kill streak.)
Rambo’s Gun Game (Week Two)
On its own, Gun Game can be a fast and frenetic party mode, but what happens when Rambo joins the party? The rotation of 20 weapons gets a serious boost in firepower, as the Combat Bow, War Machine, RPG-7, and even the Death Machine get added into a fresh set of armaments. To help keep our action heroes alive, players will also be equipped with the Stimshot.
Multi-Team Elimination (Launch)
Fans of Squad vs. Squad game modes will have an intense new last team-standing experience to take on across Black Ops Cold War’s biggest maps.
In Multi-Team Elimination, ten teams of four will drop in and fight to survive against ever-expanding radiation zones. Redeploys will be limited and loadouts will be restricted, so teams will need to scavenge for weapons, Scorestreaks, Armor, and more.
Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War update 1.14 (Image: ACTIVISION)
If you thought Cyberpunk 2077 update 1.2 was a big one, then take a look at the next Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War download.
Call of Duty Cold War update 1.14 has a March 30 release date on PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X, Xbox One and PC.
And it’s good news for UK fans, because the mid-season Reloaded update has a 5am BST launch time.
Assuming you’ve turned on auto updates, you’ll be able to play the Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War Reloaded content the moment you login.
The Reloaded update weighs in between 7GB and 14GB. The PS4 download is the smallest at 7.4GB, followed by 8.1GB for PC and 9.13 GB on Xbox One.
The update is bigger on current-gen consoles like the PS5 and Xbox Series X, weighing in at 12.2GB on the former and 14.18GB on the latter.
One of the biggest Call of Duty Cold War updates yet, the patch adds the Miami Strike map, the Mansion map, and the Golova arena.
Developer Treyarch has also made changes to League Play, as well as countless weapons tuning balance changes.
Finally, there’s lots of good news for Zombies fans, who can explore the Sanatorium region, tackle new objectives, find new Intel and ride the Dirt Bike.
Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War update 1.14 patch notes
• Krig 6
– Improved visibility while firing in ADS.
– Complete tuning pass on weapon accuracy, weapon movement, and visual clarity while firing with any Optic attachment.
– Addressed instances of the weapon feeling “floaty” when firing for a prolonged amount of time.
• FFAR 1
– Increased ballistic speed by 12.8%.
– Increased maximum damage range by 40%.
– Complete tuning pass on Muzzle and Underbarrel attachments that affect Recoil on assault rifles.
• Milano 821
– Increased mid-range damage by 10%.
– Increased mid-range damage range by 33%.
– Increased sprint out speed by 14.2%.
– Increased raise speed by 11%.
– Slightly increased ADS-in speed.
• KSP 45
– Increased ballistic speed by 32.5%.
– Reduced burst delay by 20%.
– Reduced accuracy with prolonged firing.
– Reduced muzzle velocity by 23.4%.
– Reduced max damage range by 41%.
– Slightly reduced mid-range damage.
– Modified bullet pattern to add slightly more horizontal trajectories.
– Complete tuning pass on Muzzle and Underbarrel attachments that affect Recoil on SMGs.
Light Machine Guns
• Light Machine Gun Alpha
– Reduced maximum damage range by 25%.
– Disabled glint effect on sniper rifles with Iron Sights equipped.
– Increased ADS speed by 11%.
– Slightly decreased hip-fire accuracy.
– Dual Wield: Bullet trajectories are now more varied when firing both guns simultaneously.
– Redesigned the 4.7” Takedown Barrel attachment into a “Tight Snub” Barrel. This attachment now adds damage to both enemies and vehicles.
– Slightly increased blast radius.
– Greatly increased length of straight rocket flight path.
– Rockets now inflict more damage to enemies with Flak Jacket in Hardcore. Still requires a direct hit for a 1-hit kill.
• Infantry V-Choke
– Updated attachment description to clarify pros and cons.
• Players can now earn Weapon XP and Challenge progress by using any weapon, even if they do not currently own it (for example, using another player’s weapon picked up from the ground that the player does not currently own).
• Slightly reduced speed of changing stances from stand, crouch, and prone. Additional adjustments to come to address remaining disparity between 1st-person and 3rd-person perspectives.
• Added Vehicles section.
• Addressed an issue with the “Killed By” stat not tracking properly.
• Miami Strike (6v6)
– Miami Strike added to 6v6 rotation in Multiplayer modes.
– Miami Strike will replace the original Miami map in all core modes with the exception of Combined Arms, Search & Destroy, and VIP Escort.
– Miami Strike 24/7 playlist also available at launch.
• Mansion (2v2, 3v3)
– Mansion added to rotation in Gunfight and Face Off.
• Golova (Multi-Team)
– Golova added to rotation in Multi-Team modes.
– Hardpoint: Addressed an issue that allowed players to capture P3 Hardpoint outside of the intended boundary.
• The Pines
– Control: Adjusted Zone B to allow capturing against the pizza counter.
– Hardpoint: Adjusted distance of spawns from P1 to each side of the map to reduce chances of spawning beside or behind enemy team.
– Control: Extended Zone A up to the platform outside of “green” room.
– Control: Conditional Attacker spawns added to reduce travel time to Zone A.
– Hardpoint: Removed spawns that were too close to P2 and P5.
– Hardpoint: Added a larger spread of spawns for P1, P2, and P3 to reduce chances of spawning behind enemy team.
• Miami (Original)
– Scaled down bullet collision on the Miami Patrol van.
• Multi-Team Hardpoint
– New Multiplayer mode added to Multi-Team.
– 10 squads of four fight for multiple Hardpoints at a time. Each set of Hardpoints lasts 120 seconds before rotating to the next locations.
– Teams will earn 1 point every second for all teammates inside of a Hardpoint.
– The first squad to reach 1,000 points wins the match.
• Prop Hunt
– Miami Strike and Satellite added to map rotation.
– Refreshed prop rotation for several existing maps.
– Addressed an issue where the Best Play prop camera could appear underground.
– New Custom Game Options added:
– Time Per Segment: The amount of time added onto the current round time limit when a zone segment is captured.
– Overtime Rules: Determines whether Overtime Defense is given to the team with the most kills or the most zone segments captured during the previous rounds.
– Added Gunfight mode-specific Medals.
– Battle Chatter now disabled in Gunfight and Gunfight variants.
• VIP Escort
– Addressed an issue where the player could hear incorrect VO lines when beginning a round as the VIP.
– Addressed an issue where teammates could spawn on top of one another after a team wipe respawn.
– Enemy red dots will now be prioritized on top of objective icons on the mini-map.
• Miami Strike 24/7 [NEW]
• Multi-Team Hardpoint – Golova [NEW]
• Multi-Team Moshpit [NEW]
• Moshpit of Multi-Team modes, including 40-Player Hardpoint on Ruka, Alpine, Sanatorium, and Golova.
• Prop Hunt [NEW]
• Snipers Only Moshpit
• Nuketown 24/7
• Face Off
• Flashbang/Stunned Challenges are now easier to complete.
Fog of War
• Addressed inconsistencies with the Smoke Grenade Cover Assists combat stat.
• Addressed issues with “Fog of War” Challenge and “Sight Unseen” Medal not tracking properly with the Danger Close Wildcard equipped.
• Updated Challenge description for clarity.
• Gestures can now be used before the round starts.
• Updated messaging when a player is kicked from the party.
• Addressed and issue where players on Mounted Turrets could be immune to Dirt Bike vehicles.
• Addressed an issue where VO would say “No Targets Destroyed” if the Attack Helicopter was destroyed with a Cruise Missile.
• Law Breaker
– Law Breaker in League Play will no longer allow any weapon to be put into either weapon slot. Players will only be able to use a Primary and Secondary weapon.
– Law Breaker will now only allow players to equip multiple Perks from the same Perk category.
• Perk Greed
– Perk Greed is now restricted completely.
• Match Suspensions
– Players who quit out of active matches or are kicked for friendly fire will now be issued a matchmaking suspension for a period of time.
– Penalties will escalate if the player continues to quit out of matches or is consistently kicked for friendly fire.
• Extended placement bracket to include Top 25 and Top 50.
• Updated gem representation in Rank Progression screen.
• Updated Ladder Event Complete screen with new gem celebration animation.
• Added location to the top of the League Play Ladder to showcase current placement gems.
• New Region
– Sanatorium (Night) region added to Outbreak.
• New Objective
– Secure Objective added to Outbreak.
• New Vehicle
– Dirt Bike vehicle added to Outbreak.
• New Intel
– New Audio Logs and Radio Transmissions added for players to discover in the Ural Mountains.
– Added fixes for various crashes related to Objectives, Trials, the RAI-K 84, and the Frost Blast Field Upgrade.
– Addressed various issues where players could fall out of the map on Alpine.
– Addressed an issue where players could get stuck in a planter on Golova.
– Addressed an issue where the Golden Chest could push vehicles under the map.
– Addressed an issue where kills with vehicles were not always contributing to the Dragon Relic.
– Players will now take damage from the Dragon Relic rocket thrusters when it takes off. Look out below!
– Reduced duration of Holdout Objective by 30 seconds.
– Added Ammo Cache to the Holdout Objective space in Alpine.
– Cleaned up areas that were interfering with barricading and shooting out of windows in the Golova Holdout Objective.
– The Defend console now takes more damage from Hellhounds.
– Addressed an issue where picking up the specimen head while prone could prevent the player from being able to deposit it during the Defend Objective.
– Addressed an issue where the progress bar for depositing the canister could break during the Retrieve Objective.
– Enemies will no longer de-spawn when the Payload teleports.
– Addressed various zombie pathing issues in Ruka, Alpine, and Golova.
– Addressed an issue where Manglers could still use their arm cannons and Krasny Soldats could still use their jet packs after they were destroyed by Energy Mines.
– Addressed an issue where damage from the Tempest was not mitigated by Armor.
– Addressed an issue where zombies would ignore players when another player deployed a Cymbal Monkey and left the match.
• Field Upgrades
– Addressed an issue where Field Upgrades could be reset after switching classes and warping to another region.
– Addressed an issue where Field Upgrade charge was not reset when changing classes.
– Addressed an issue where Elites were not being counted toward the Outbreak Eliminations challenge.
– Addressed an issue where Trials challenges were duplicating earlier than intended.
– Addressed an issue where players were unable to re-roll attachments on some weapons after upgrading them at the Pack-a-Punch machine.
– Closed an exploit that allowed duplication of the Ray Gun or RAI-K 84 using the Pack-a-Punch machine.
– Addressed an issue where players with a full stack of Equipment had the option to pick up that same Equipment and drop their stack.
– Support weapons that use ammo will no longer be refilled when warping to another region.
• Firebase Z
– Addressed an issue where cross-platform players were unable to load into a Private match.
– Closed an exploit in the Village where zombies were unable to attack the player.
– Closed an exploit that allowed players to leave the map in Rocky Defense.
– Closed an exploit that allowed accessing the Teleporter before purchasing the first door.
• Die Maschine
– Addressed an issue where the D.I.E. Shockwave could be obtained through the door to its location.
– Added various crash fixes related to side quests.
Dead Ops Arcade 3
– Players now earn player XP and Battle Pass progression in all Dead Ops Arcade modes (subject to additional tuning).
• Bonus Maps
– New Silverback Slideways bonus map added to rotation.
– Increased Key spawn rates and added additional Key locations.
– Tuned the number of hits a player can absorb in The Wild before dying.
– Tuned life donation rewards.
– Added fixes for various shield-type pickups not properly crediting their owner with kills.
– Addressed an issue where spinning Chickens could potentially kill the player with sawblades.
– Addressed an issue where players were sometimes unable to leave the Deadly Dungeon when collecting the ladder.
– Addressed an issue where players could be left behind when the Dungeon was triggered.
– Addressed an issue where the Flogger Trap could cause unintentional player deaths.
– Added various exploit fixes.
– Boss / Underboss level enemies will now kill in one shot regardless of whether the player is in First Person.
– Reduced explosive damage range of Meatballs when they die.
– Addressed an issue that could result in spawning invisible enemies.
– Addressed an issue where the Spider could launch the player’s vehicle out of the map.
– Addressed an issue where bodies could disappear in certain graphical modes.
– Addressed an issue where some particle effects were not playing on enemies.
– Addressed an issue where special particle effects could remain on-screen instead of being cleaned up.
– Addressed an issue where selecting the Flip Bumper controller setting could create a conflict when switching from First Person mode to classic mode.
– Added various crash fixes.
– Players are now able to immediately quit the match after a host migration occurs in Dead Ops Arcade 3.
– Battle to contain the forces of the Dark Aether and survive an intense new experience on close-quarters Gunfight maps.
• Blueprint Challenge
– Complete the latest Blueprint Challenge unlock the exclusive “Jungle Fighter” tactical rifle Weapon Blueprint.
• New Item Drops
– Level 2 and Level 3 Armor drops now available.
– Ammo Mod drops now available that apply a random alternate ammo type to your weapon.
– Aether Tool drops now available that upgrade your weapon.
– Bronze, Silver, and Gold Chalice drops now available that will Pack-a-Punch your weapon, once earned.
• Server Pause
– Server pause now available in Private Onslaught matches.
• Firebase Z
• Die Maschine
• Dead Ops Arcade: First Person
• Dead Ops Arcade
• Onslaught (PS4/PS5)
• Onslaught Containment [NEW] (PS4/PS5)
• Onslaught Nuketown (PS4/PS5)
• Onslaught Apocalypse (PS4/PS5)
• Apply Blueprint
– Players can now apply any Weapon Blueprint they own to their weapon in the Pause menu, including any weapon picked up or acquired from a Wall Buy.
• Dead Wire
– Dead Wire Tier V now correctly spreads to 3 targets instead of 5.
– Addressed an issue where Dead Wire was doing the same amount of tick damage to zombies and special enemies.
• Elemental Pop
– Tuned down intensity of FX on Tier V electric discharge for Elemental Pop.
– Addressed an issue where some players could get stuck at the Pause screen in Zombies.
– Addressed instances where players were not put into the same party after accepting an invite.
– Addressed an issue in “End of the Line” where the player could fall through the ground after using a turret.
– Addressed a rare crash that could occur when entering or quitting a mission.
The Black Ops Cold War devs said: “We’ve also got a new weapon tuning pass coming to Multiplayer as part of the mid-season update, including LMG adjustments and tuning for the LC10, AK-74u, MAC-10, KSP 45, Milano 821, Krig 6, FFAR 1, Groza, Magnum, RPG-7, and more.
“A complete recoil balance pass on assault rifles and SMG attachments will also be included, as well as a buff to launcher damage against enemies with Flak Jacket in Hardcore.
“There’s plenty more coming in our mid-season update, including the return of Prop Hunt with new maps and props added to the rotation, so keep an eye out for the official roadmap and full patch notes early next week.”
An exact release date for the Call of Duty season 2 Reloaded patch hasn’t been confirmed yet, but according to CharlieIntel it could launch on Thursday.
DON’T MISS: Games with Gold April 2021 predictions ahead of free Xbox games reveal