Tag Archives: return’

Meghan Markle ‘wants’ superhero role as she plans ‘return to acting’

Meghan Markle 'wants' superhero role as she plans 'return to acting'

The Duchess of Sussex, 40, who worked as an actress prior to joining the Royal Family, is reportedly planning a return to her former career. Prior to her 2018 marriage to Prince Harry, 37, Meghan found fame as an actress in popular US legal drama Suits.

For seven years, Meghan played the role of Rachel Zane, who worked at a large legal firm in New York.

Her character began as a paralegal and eventually became an attorney, and Meghan’s storyline in the show ended with her character marrying Mike Ross, played by Patrick J Adams.

Meghan stepped away from acting duties when she took on responsibilities as a Royal Family member.

She instead supported the royals’ charitable initiatives and participated in a number of royal appearances and trips.

However, following her and her husband Harry’s step away from the monarchy last year, royal biographer Angela Levin has claimed Meghan may return to her acting life once again.

In early 2020, a source told Mail On Sunday that her agent, Nick Collins, was actively looking for a superhero role for the Duchess.

At the time, the source claimed: “He has said she wants her return to acting to be part of an ensemble cast in something like a superhero film.

“He’s actively seeking such a movie for her. He’s saying she is available and open to the best offers.

LIVE UPDATES: Royal Family LIVE: Oh dear! Meghan and Harry shoot themselves in foot

Harry and Meghan have also been linked to a number of projects since they moved to the US, where they reside in California with their two children Archie and Lilibet.

After abdicating from royal duties, the couple set up their charitable Archewell foundation,

Following its conception, the Sussexes have signed lucrative deals with streaming giants Netflix and Spotify.

For their Netflix deal, the couple plan “to develop scripted and unscripted series, film, documentaries, and children’s programming for the streaming service”.

Read more here Daily Express :: Royal Feed

Allmankind’s Chepstow return is signpost to Old Roan

Allmankind's Chepstow return is signpost to Old Roan

Allmankind will revert to hurdling at Chepstow when he makes his seasonal debut in the Geoffrey Broomhall Memorial Handicap Hurdle.

Dan Skelton’s five-year-old was a Grade One hurdles winner over this course and distance, before successfully graduating to fences last season – successful again at the top level, and then twice in Grade Two company either side of a fourth-placed effort in the Arkle Chase at the Cheltenham Festival.

Skelton is aiming Allmankind at Aintree’s Old Roan Chase at the end of this month and is keen to ensure he has Saturday’s run under his belt beforehand.

“I can’t find a chase to run him in before the Old Roan, so we need to get a run into him,” said the Alcester trainer.

“He will handle a bit of decent ground, but I’d have to make sure it is that.

“He will need the run, not because he is not fit – I have done as much as I can with him – it’s just that he is a heavy horse and he needed the run last year at Cheltenham.

“I remember going to Cheltenham with him last year, telling everyone I thought he would win, but he needed the first run quite badly.

Latest Racing Stories

“There’s no point me pretending this year will be different, so a bit of a word of warning there!”

Skelton is also represented on the card in the Grade Three Wasdell Group Silver Trophy Handicap Hurdle, by Proschema.

The chestnut was victorious four times – including two jumpers’ bumpers – before his summer break, having improved a stone in the ratings to finish his campaign on 142.

“Proschema goes for the Silver Trophy, and I am very happy with him,” added Skelton in his blog for Ladbrokes.

“This has been the target since he came back in. It’s a great trip and track for him – the ground is really suitable, and I can’t wait to run him.”

Among Proschema’s opponents is Jamie Snowden’s Chapmanshype, a six-time hurdles winner back over timber after a brief spell chasing through the summer.

“He’s got a great strike-rate and win-to-run ratio – he certainly knows how to win his races,” said Snowden.

“He reached the ceiling of his hurdling ability and then won over fences, but unfortunately didn’t really progress over fences.

“Back over hurdles, he ran a good race the last day to finish second off the same handicap mark he’s on now. He’s not handicapped to win, but he should run a nice race.”

Snowden also has a contender in the Listed Dunraven Windows Novices’ Chase, courtesy of Kiltealy Briggs.

The seven-year-old was last seen fishing ninth of 21 in the hugely-competitive Paddy Power Plate at the Cheltenham Festival, and retains his novice status having run well without winning over fences last season.

“Kiltealy Briggs is a second-season novice chaser who ran well in a couple of novice chases last year,” added Snowden.

“He’s done very well for the summer, (and) he should improve and be progressive this season.

“This is a nice starting point, but it looks a very competitive race – so hopefully he can blow away the cobwebs and have a decent rest of the season.”

In opposition, Richard Newland’s Captain Tom Cat bids to return to winning form, having racked up a summer hat-trick before finishing fifth in the Grade Three Summer Plate at Market Rasen in July.

“For Captain Tom Cat, this has been the plan for some time,” said Newland.

“We gave him a break after Market Rasen; we’ve brought him back, and he’s trained well.

“We’ll just have to see if he’s up to this level, because it’s a big step up in class, but he’s very consistent and seems to love his jumping.

“I’m very happy with him. The ground is suitable, but it’s obviously stiff competition, so we’ll have to see whether he can deliver.”

Read more here SkySports | News

Princess Charlene’s ‘complicated’ situation laid bare by Albert amid hopes for return

Princess Charlene's 'complicated' situation laid bare by Albert amid hopes for return

Prince Albert appeared optimistic about the chances of soon being reunited with his wife who has been grounded in South Africa for five months. During a recent interview, the head of Monaco’s Royal Family clarified Princess Charlene is still in South Africa.

However, he added, she will “be back very soon, we have to talk to the doctors in a few days.”

Updating the public on her health, he told RMC radio: “She is better”.

He then said it was “complicated for her because different problems affected her.”

Princess Charlene travelled to South Africa in May to carry out conservation work with her foundation.

She was meant to remain there for less than two weeks, during which she would have also raised awareness on illegal poaching.

However, she became stuck in the country after developing an ear, nose and throat (ENT) infection following a sinus lift and bone graft she had in preparation for dental implants.

This forced and prolonged her stay in South Africa and meant she missed several key family moments.

In July, she had to spend her 10th wedding anniversary apart from Prince Albert.

READ MORE: Daniel Craig lays bare Queen’s take on James Bond in hilarious quip

In September, she missed the first day of school of her twin children Jaques and Gabriella.

To get better and be able to return to Monaco to her family, Charlene underwent a series of procedures.

In July, South Africa-born Charlene said she was expecting to remain grounded in her homeland until late October, stressing she cannot “force healing”.

However, after the four-hour-long surgery she underwent on August 13, Prince Albert appeared more optimistic.

DON’T MISS 

He told People magazine in early September: “She’s ready to come home.”

He conceded her return date would depend on what her doctors think it’s best for the princess.

However, Albert added: “I know she’s said possibly ‘late October’ but that was before this most recent round of appointments.

“I’m pretty sure we can cut that time frame a little short.”

Albert spoke out after it was revealed the princess had to be rushed to hospital “after becoming ill due to complications from a serious ENT infection”, as stated by the Monaco Palace.

The princess was hospitalized on September 1 under an alias name and released on the following day.

To make up for her absence in Monaco, Albert and his children travelled twice to South Africa over the summer.

Their first visit took place in June, during which the family of four spent time at a private game reserve in the country’s Kwazulu Natal district.

Albert and the twins returned to South Africa in August, a visit marked by Charlene with a series of pictures shared on Instagram.

The 43-year-old royal updated her social media followers over the weekend when she shared a picture of herself smiling while sitting in front of a book.

She captioned the snap by simply writing: “God bless”.

Read more here Daily Express :: Royal Feed