Tag Archives: sh*t’

Canelo challenger Saunders taunts boxing superstar

Canelo Alvarez rival and boxing badboy Billy Joe Saunders has engaged in more provocative behavior ahead of their super-middleweight clash in Texas on Saturday, teasing the Mexican over his infamous “tainted beef” drug test shame.

The pair faced off on Wednesday evening in the US, with Saunders – who, like Tyson Fury hails from the Traveller community – telling his Mexican dance partner, “the gypsies are here”.

He then moved on to a drug test Canelo failed in 2018, when he was set to face Gennady Golovkin in a rematch of their draw the previous year for the unified middleweight championship.

Testing positive for traces of the banned substance clenbuterol, the pound-for-pound great blamed the outcome on contaminated meat.

“You had loads of beef? The Mexican beef? You like that beef? You love the beef? Juicy beef?,” Saunders asked.

“You’ve never been in the ring with someone like me. Walk away, you walk away,” the Brit added, while receiving an unfazed “yeah, yeah yeah” from his opposite number in return.

Alvarez then mentioned Saunders’ own failed drug test, when oxilofrine, a fat-burning drug, was detected in his system before his fight against Demetrius Andrade.

“It was actually him who tested positive – twice actually,” said Canelo. “In my case, it was clenbuterol – the minimum, the content from the meat. It was actually him who tested positive twice.”

On Twitter, Canelo posted a picture of them facing off with the caption: “Less talk, more action”.

When asked why he hadn’t shown for their scheduled first face off, Saunders told reporters: “Yesterday, I was in my room playing with my balls.

“There was no time for media yesterday because it was my time for playing with my balls.”

Earlier this week, the fighters and their camps were involved in another heated exchange in a disagreement over the size of the ring at the Cowboys Stadium raged.

Tom Saunders, the WBO champion’s father, claimed that talks had broken down beyond repair despite his son accepting a ring which was 2ft smaller than the maximum 24ft size allowed.

He added that Canelo, a counter-puncher who goes on the front foot to walk down his opponents with a series of body blows, wanted the ring to span just 20ft.

Warning: video contains swearing

Passing through a hotel on Tuesday, Canelo was told to “grow some b*llocks” by team Saunders.

The 30-year-old responded by calling his antagonist a “f*cking p*ssy” and, in another incident, gave Saunders’ camp a thumbs down from a distance.

“We respect you, you are the champion – there’s no need to be like that, come on. We just want fairness, that’s all. I’m just asking him a question,” insisted the same individual, who had told Alvarez to grow a pair.

“The truth is, I don’t care about the size of the ring. I’m going to go in there and do my job,” remarked Canelo.

“It’s not the only excuse that he’s had, he’s had plenty of excuses. I’m just going to go in there and do what I got to do.

“Nothing frustrates me. I’m just focused on winning on Saturday. I’m calm.”

While the mind games and one-upmanship continue, promotor Eddie Hearn and Alvarez trainer Eddy Reynoso celebrated the fact that a 70,000 attendance at the weekend will smash the record for the biggest indoor crowd in American boxing history.

That was set for the Muhammad Ali vs. Leon Spinks heavyweight championship rematch in New Orleans in 1978, which received a whopping 63,352 punters.

While Ali reclaimed his belts at the Superdome, boxing legend Roy Jones Jr believes a similar result as the original split decision victory for Spinks – dubbed the Upset of the Year by Ring Magazine at the time – could be on the cards.

“I give Billy Joe a really good chance,” Jones told IFL TV. “The toughest two fights [Canelo’s] had in his career, to me, were Floyd Mayweather Jr, who’s a pure boxer, and a southpaw by the name of Erislandy Lara, who was a boxer.

“So if you think about those two guys, who’s Billy Joe closely related to the boxing ring? Those two guys.

“He’s a boxer, he’s southpaw, and he can punch, but he thinks boxing first, much like Tyson Fury. When you got a guy like that, the only problem Billy Joe’s going to have is, can he last long enough early to get to those late rounds without sustaining any injuries, cuts, headbutts, anything?

“He has to figure out how to make up for that ring rust before he gets in there, because if he can get into the fight right away, he has a very good chance of winning it.

Warning: video contains swearing

“If he doesn’t get into the fight right away, then he’ll get blown away, but he’s a very smart guy, he’s a boxer, he’s a smart boxer.”

Less impressed by Saunders, though, were online boxing enthusiasts disgusted when he told a Mexican journalist his breath “smells like sh*t”.

“As a Saunders fan, I have to say that is horrible and disrespectful,” admitted one.

“Disrespect. But I wouldn’t expect anything less from the classless, immature Saunders,” remarked a Saunders critic, while another warned: “He’s an idiot who’s getting slammed.”

Also on rt.com ‘You are a f*cking p*ssy’: Boxing great Canelo hits back at Billy Joe Saunders’ mob in hotel flashpoints over size of ring (VIDEO)

Author: RT
This post originally appeared on RT Sport News

Anthony Joshua ‘doesn't give a sh*t’ about Tyson Fury deadline, promises to ‘kick his a**’ as potential super-fight draws nearer

Anthony Joshua says that he has had enough of Tyson Fury’s social media grandstanding surrounding their potential fight this summer, as the biggest heavyweight showdown in a generation looks to have moved a step closer.

Fury, holder of the WBC iteration of boxing’s heavyweight crown, has raised the temperature in the talks to secure to blockbuster fight, taking to social media on numerous occasions in recent days to pile the pressure of Joshua and his representatives to secure the deal which had initially been agreed by all sides in a bout agreement one month ago yesterday.
Also on rt.com ‘One day left’: Tyson Fury fires warning as Anthony Joshua promises to ‘share positive news soon’ about boxing megafight
However, the deal has hit some bumps in the road – principally surrounding the location of the fight – as organizers continue to invite bids from various markets to host the blockbluster showdown, reportedly receiving interest from the United States, Saudi Arabia, China, Qatar, Singapore and the United Kingdom. 

And amid Fury’s haranguing online, Joshua has slammed his potential opponent for having the wrong “mindset” in arranging the heavyweight title unification fight.

I don’t think that’s the right mindset to have. I would wait until the end of the year if I had to,” said Joshua to Pep Talk TV.

It’s the fight we both want, it’s the fight the world wants, the promoters and the TV networks, so putting a time limit isn’t right. If people are clearly working on something and they need a little extra time, you want the job done right then you sit tight for a little bit.

As long as things are getting done I will wait til next Tuesday or the Tuesday after. I know I want it and so does he, maybe he just got his words mixed up.

With every week that passes I am a week better, a week stronger and a week wiser and a week closer to the day when I kick Tyson Fury’s ass.

I don’t know what Fury is doing and I don’t give a sh*t either, all I know is what I am doing and I am coming.”

Joshua’s promoter, Eddie Hearn, meanwhile, says that there has been a breakthrough with regard to the host city of the heavyweight superfight and he is inching closer to releasing concrete information as to where and when the two will trade leather in the first of their two scheduled showdowns.

Both sides have approved the site offer that they want to go with, and now we’re just finalizing the site deal and we’re in a great place,” Hearn explained to Behind the Gloves.

I saw Tyson yesterday. I just messaged him and said, ‘I’m in Vegas, I’m in your hotel if you fancy a cuppa’. We just had five or 10 minutes together and it was good, because I don’t represent Tyson Fury, so I don’t know what is in his mind. What he basically cemented in my mind was, this is the only fight he wants, and I know that’s the same with AJ.

It just good to say, right we’ve got the offer, we all approve. We’re moving forward now. We’re good.”

Hearn, though, like Fury, is keen to move past the negotiation stage as soon as possible and allow both fighters to begin their preparations with an end date in mind – but cautioned that deal must be agreed soon, and that he doesn’t want the fight to be delayed longer than it needs to be.
Also on rt.com ‘I’ll be victorious’: Anthony Joshua contradicts Tyson Fury claim over boxing megafight and warns rival he has ‘no place to hide’
There is no option for this fight to go at the back end of the year, and I’ve made that clear,” he said. “The hardest thing about securing the site is in this world we live in today, most people would like to kick it to November, December. That’s not available. It was never available.

What was available was a summer fight for the undisputed world heavyweight championship. That is what you’re going to get. Both guys want two fights this year. One will be in the summer and one will be in December.

The winner of the proposed summer fight will become the first undisputed heavyweight champion of the world since in more than two decades, after another British fighter – Lennox Lewis – last achieved the same feat between 1999 and 2000. 

RT

This article originally appeared on RT Sport News

Presented by
RT.com