Police officers were called to reports of a stabbing on Stoneygate Road in Challney at around 4pm.
After being rushed to hospital with multiple wounds, the victim was pronounced dead two hours after the incident.
The victim has not been formally identified but his family has been informed of his death, according to Bedfordshire Police.
Police confirmed a teenage boy has been arrested on suspicion of murder in connection with the incident.
The suspect received hospital treatment for minor injuries, the force said.
Another teenage boy who suffered serious but non-life threatening injuries was arrested on suspicion of violent disorder.
Chief Superintendent John Murphy from Bedfordshire Police said: “Appalling violence has cost a teenage boy his life today.
“We have dedicated specialist officers piecing together the circumstances around this shocking attack and our thoughts are with the victim’s family, as well as friends and the wider community who will be concerned and saddened by this news.
“We believe this was an isolated incident with no risk to the wider public, and our community officers will be patrolling the area to give reassurance to residents.
“We will pursue anybody who thinks the use of weapons is acceptable and we will crack down hard on anybody perpetrating this kind of crime.”
A police spokesman said: “Police were called at approximately 1.30pm on Sunday, 6 June to reports of a man suffering a stab injury in the vicinity of Hermitage Lane, SW16. “Officers, London Ambulance Service and London’s Air Ambulance all attended the scene.
“The victim – a man believed aged in his 20s – was taken to hospital for treatment; at this early stage it is believed his condition is not life threatening.
“There have been no arrests and enquiries into the circumstances are ongoing.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 101 or tweet @MetCC and quote CAD4207/6June.
Alternatively, you can provide information anonymously via the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
It comes after emergency services were called to Craven Park yesterday, in Harlesden, at around 10pm to reports of a knife attack.
Officers from the Met Police found a man aged in his 40s with stab injuries.
He was taken to hospital, where his injuries were deemed not life-threatening.
One man aged in his 40s was arrested.
A spokesperson for the Met Police said: “Officers arrested a man at around 10pm on June 5 following a stabbing in Craven Park, NW10.
“The victim’s injuries are not life-threatening.
“Both men are aged in their 40s.
“Any witnesses who have yet to speak with police are asked to call 101, ref 7656/05jun.”
Police were called to Hyde Park on Tuesday evening (June 1) at 9pm. On arrival, officers found a 17-year-old boy had been stabbed. He was given immediate first aid and taken to a London hospital where he remains in a stable, non-life threatening condition.
The boy had been chased by a group of men, two of whom were carrying weapons, which appeared to be around a foot in length.
Video taken at the scene shows the boy fall to the ground before he is punched, kicked and stabbed as terrified witnesses scream in horror.
A 17-year-old male has been arrested in connection with the incident.
“I want to reassure the public that we are committed to ensuring our parks remain a safe space for everyone to enjoy. We are doing all we can to track down the individuals involved and bring them to justice.
“Visitors to the park will see an increased police presence and if they have concerns I would encourage them to speak to officers.”
Information can be provided to the police by calling 101, or to Crimestoppers, anonymously, by calling 0800 555 111 and providing the reference CAD7861/01JUN.
The boy, 17, found at the station’s tram stop with injuries which are not life-threatening, police said. A cordon is in place and there is a large police presence while the investigation is carried out.
In a statement, Greater Manchester Police said: “At around 9.08pm on Wednesday, June 2, police were called to a report of a stabbing at Victoria Station Tram stop.
“British Transport Police and Greater Manchester Police officers attended and established that a male aged 17 had sustained stab wounds. His injuries are not life threatening.
“Officers currently remain on scene and are carrying out further enquires.”
Images shared on social media show officers standing outside the station within the cordon.
Footage of the scene also show several police cars in attendance at the scene.
Transport for Greater Manchester announced on its Twitter account that Victoria Station Approach had been closed due to a police incident.
It added: “Services diverted via Cheetham Hill Road and Trinity Way in both directions.”
The incident also affected Metrolink services at the station.
South Wales police debut trailer with their biggest campaigns
Dean Bennett, 31, was airlifted to hospital last night after he was attacked in Connah’s Quay, in North Wales. Police said the dad-of-one suffered stab wounds and died in Aintree Hospital, Liverpool, following the attack.
A 46-year-old woman and a 35-year-old man have also been arrested.
Detective Chief Inspector Sion Williams said: “Our heartfelt sympathies go out to Dean’s family and friends at this incredibly difficult time.
“We understand that a serious incident like this has caused a lot of concern in the local community and we’d like to reassure residents that we are doing all we can to establish what has happened.
“Officers are on patrol in the area and a police cordon remains in place.
A man was stabbed to death outside Wales pub (Image: NC)
A man was stabbed to death outside Wales pub (Image: nc)
“To assist with the ongoing investigation I would encourage anyone who has any information, particularly anyone who witnessed the incident, or anyone who may have been in the vicinity of Dock Road shortly before 5pm, to come forward.”
Following his tragic death, tributes began pouring in for Dean, with many saying he had one of the “biggest hearts” in the town.
His friend Alleisha Carey said: “I will miss that laugh of yours and the crappy jokes that came with it.
“I can’t believe that this has actually happened to you.
This sad news comes as detectives warned police forces are bracing themselves for a rise in knife crime and violence this summer as lockdown restrictions are lifted.
Detectives fear spats between gangs will be settled on the streets as crowds return and pubs fully reopen, despite Office for National Statistics figures showing recorded knife crime dropped nine percent across England and Wales in 2020.
The ONS said the “majority” of fluctuations in crime rates for last year were due to fewer people being on the streets during extended periods of lockdown.
It is widely believed that once pubs fully reopen tomorrow and the rest of the restrictions are lifted in June there could be a surge in violent offending and knife and firearms attacks.
Nick Titchener, a criminal defence solicitor at Lawtons Solicitors, said: “The underlying factors that contributed to the burgeoning of knife-related crime have not been addressed. The reduction in such offending was attributable to the artificial situation arising from enforced national lockdowns on the most part.
“With restrictions on social gatherings being lifted and life resuming a degree of normality, it is regrettable yet inevitable that the prevailing social problems concerning gangs and knife-related crime once again resurface and the number of such offences rises again.”
Met Police Deputy Assistant Commissioner Graham McNulty is the National Police Chiefs Council lead on tackling knife crime.
Stock image of Wales Police attending incident (Image: Getty)
Mr McNulty said: “We are aware of these fears (of an increase) and that was one of the reasons for the timing of Sceptre.
“Now the restrictions are being lifted and the pubs fully open, most forces I have spoken to plan to patrol prone hotspots to keep knife crime down and focus on the most prolific known offenders.
“In London, we are prepared and planning to tackle any rises that might be seen.”
Mr McNulty said taking 2020’s unusual circumstances out, knife crime has been steadily rising.
Stock image of Wales Police (Image: Getty)
Despite the drop in recorded offences, there have been several stabbings and murders involving teenagers.
Last month a 14-year-old boy was charged with the murder of another boy, 14, in London.
In January a 13-year-old boy was stabbed to death in Reading with five youths aged 13 to 14 arrested.
Police said the fight took place on Amersham Road in New Cross, South London at around 3.30pm today. The fight, which was understood to have involved a group of young men, resulted in one man being found with a knife injury to his wrist before he was taken to hospital, police say.
The Metropolitan Police have cordoned off Amersham Road and have launched an investigation into the exact circumstances of the incident.
A spokesperson for the Metropolitan Police said: “Police were called at shortly after 3.30pm on Wednesday, 12 May, to reports of a group of males fighting with weapons in Amersham Road, SE14.
“Officers attended along with London Ambulance Service.
“A man, believed to be in his late teens, was found with a knife injury to his wrist and was taken to hospital. His injuries are not believed to be life-threatening.
“A number of roads are closed as police carry out their enquiries.
“At this early stage, there have been no arrests.”
Police also said a Section 60 search power has been authorised in the area following the incident.
This has been authorised to help police implement stop and search.
Officers were to Church Road in Havering at 6.41pm where they found one of the victims, believed to be in his mid-teens, had been wounded. They provided first aid with a member of the public and an air ambulance attended, but he was pronounced dead at 7.07pm.
The Met Police are in the process of tracing next of kin and formal identification has not yet taken place. A post-mortem examination will be held in due course.
They were also called at 6.51pm to reports of a male stabbed on Retford Road, one mile away.
They found a second boy, also aged in his mid-teens, suffering from a stab wound.
He was taken to an east London hospital. There are no updates on his condition as yet.
Homicide detectives from the Specialist Crime Command have been informed.
Three people have been arrested in connection with the investigation and a number of crime scenes remain in place, the force said.
Anyone with information is asked to call police via 101 quoting reference Cad 6572/07May. Alternatively, to remain anonymous contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
Officers were called by London Ambulance to reports of an attack in High Road, Willesden Green, at 5.11pm this evening. They discovered a man aged in his 40s suffering from stab wounds. However, he died at the scene.
No arrests have been made.
The Met Police said in a statement: “A murder investigation has been launched following a fatal stabbing in Willesden.
“Police were called by London Ambulance Service at 5.11pm on Thursday, April 29, to a report of a man suffering from stab wounds on High Road, NW10. Officers attended.
“Despite the best efforts of the emergency services, the man, aged 40, was pronounced dead at the scene shortly after.
“Work is ongoing to formally identify him and police are in the process of locating and informing his next of kin.
“A crime scene is in place and the public can expect to see an increased police presence in the area.
“Enquiries are ongoing and there have been no arrests.
“Anyone with information is asked to call 101 or tweet @MetCC and quote CAD 5109/29Apr.
Police have arrested a man who attacked the victims in Beiliu City, in south China’s Guangxi region this afternoon. Footage shared on social media show the suspect being detained and taken into custody by police.
Two of the children were seriously injured in the attack, state-run Xinhua news agency said.
A suspect was arrested by police, Xinhua added.
All those injured have been rushed to hospital, according to state-run China Global Television Network.